• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Tips

There's so much to choose from! With technology coming to the rescue, there are many mom-approved apps and gadgets out there. I've heard of these interactive story apps that keep kids engaged with their favorite tales and characters. They get to engage and swipe through the stories, but within boundaries you set, so no unexpected surprises! Some even come with educational features like personalized flashcards that make learning fun.
Another trick up my sleeve is using reward charts. I used them to encourage good eating habits and hygiene which can be tricky business with toddlers! Stickers and stars for good behaviour never fail to delight my little one, and it's a great visual way to teach about goals and achievements too. It's amazing how motivated she gets when she sees progress towards earning a prize!

Reward charts are an excellent idea and a fun way to encourage positive behaviour. Visual tools like stars and stickers can make abstract concepts more tangible for little ones. It's awesome to hear how motivated your child gets, seeing the progress and working towards those rewards 🙂😊.

They're a great tool - and it's amazing how something so simple can be so effective! Using visual methods helps them understand the concept of cause and effect too, which is such an important lesson for little ones to learn. Seeing their progress and being able to physically see the rewards is such a fantastic motivator!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Visual tools are awesome - simple but effective, and teaching cause and effect is a great way to help them understand the world. It's amazing seeing them physically interact with their rewards and having that visual representation of their achievements.

Visual tools are awesome - simple but effective, and teaching cause and effect is a great way to help them understand the world. It's amazing seeing them physically interact with their rewards and having that visual representation of their achievements.
Simple is often best when it comes to kids! They sure keep us parents on our toes with their curious minds. 😁

That's so true; it's almost like they have a sixth sense, which helps them pick on things. The other day, my toddler started stacking his building blocks to attempt tower building after watching me do that once! And yes, this constant state of alert definitely keeps us on our toes and adds excitement to our mundane lives.

Reactions: joyful
It's incredible how observant and quick to learn kids are - their new skills always keep us guessing! The way they pick up on little things we miss is amazing, and it's fascinating to see the world through their curious eyes.

So true! It's a wonderful reminder of how adaptable and receptive children are - they really do keep us on our toes with their innate curiosity! Their wide-eyed wonder at all the new experiences is such a beautiful thing to witness, and it keeps life feeling fresh too.

It's incredible how observant and quick to learn kids are - their new skills always keep us guessing! The way they pick up on little things we miss is amazing, and it's fascinating to see the world through their curious eyes.
It's a humbling experience when you realise your toddler has been watching and mimicking your every move, including those quirky mannerisms you thought were done in secret 😅. Their curiosity sure does keep us guessing and keeps life fresh and exciting!

So true! It's a wonderful reminder of how adaptable and receptive children are - they really do keep us on our toes with their innate curiosity! Their wide-eyed wonder at all the new experiences is such a beautiful thing to witness, and it keeps life feeling fresh too.
Their world fascinates me - full of wonder, joy, and excitement over little things we often miss! Life hacks like reward charts really help keep their interest and attention focused.

Fresh and exhausting but rewarding-- there's always something new and exciting around the corner with kids! You never know what piques their interest!

Their world fascinates me - full of wonder, joy, and excitement over little things we often miss! Life hacks like reward charts really help keep their interest and attention focused.
Kids do find the most mundane things interesting. I've had to make a deliberate attempt not to yawn after pretending to find it exciting in front of my kids - such a tricky business being a parent and constantly putting on an excited facade! But yeah, little rewards work like magic, especially for my elder one.

• Love
Reactions: musical
Fresh and exhausting but rewarding-- there's always something new and exciting around the corner with kids! You never know what piques their interest!
the unpredictability of toddlers keeps us on edge fresh and excited! You'll never know what's gonna capture their fancy - could be anything from bubbles to ball pits or even the tiniest little bugs!

Kids do find the most mundane things interesting. I've had to make a deliberate attempt not to yawn after pretending to find it exciting in front of my kids - such a tricky business being a parent and constantly putting on an excited facade! But yeah, little rewards work like magic, especially for my elder one.
That's so true! Putting on an excited facade can be exhausting, but it's worth seeing them so intrigued and excited! The simple things in life can become exciting when experienced through their innocent eyes.

the unpredictability of toddlers keeps us on edge fresh and excited! You'll never know what's gonna capture their fancy - could be anything from bubbles to ball pits or even the tiniest little bugs!
It is fascinating how easily toddlers find joy in the simplest things, like playing with bubbles or chasing after butterflies. The unpredictability keeps us parents on our toes, and sometimes, a simple ball pit can become a mysterious adventure for them.

• Haha
Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu