• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Tips and Tricks

All these little discoveries make the journey so much fun and fulfilling.
It sure does make the parenting journey an exciting one!

Do you have any other creative strategies up your sleeve for keeping your little ones entertained, or any other aspect of parenting you'd like to discuss?

It sure does make the parenting journey an exciting one!

Do you have any other creative strategies up your sleeve for keeping your little ones entertained, or any other aspect of parenting you'd like to discuss?
I sometimes rely on interactive apps when I need a quiet moment to prepare meals or quickly run an errand. That's also part of my toolbox for keeping him engaged and focused. Educational mobile apps with interactive games or nursery rhymes are a great way to capture his attention, which gives me some time to accomplish other necessary tasks concurrently. It's a win-win situation!

Are you ladies interested in app recommendations for different ages, or perhaps ways to make storytelling even more fun? I could also share some of my experiences from when my son was younger!

Reactions: bananarama
I sometimes rely on interactive apps when I need a quiet moment to prepare meals or quickly run an errand. That's also part of my toolbox for keeping him engaged and focused. Educational mobile apps with interactive games or nursery rhymes are a great way to capture his attention, which gives me some time to accomplish other necessary tasks concurrently. It's a win-win situation!

Are you ladies interested in app recommendations for different ages, or perhaps ways to make storytelling even more fun? I could also share some of my experiences from when my son was younger!
App recommendations sound great! It's amazing how each app has its unique educational focus and gameplay elements to offer.

As a parent, you inevitably get insights into what works best for your child. It seems like you've found some fun ways to engage and entertain your little one with these interactive apps.

Storytelling experiences would be an interesting topic to delve into as well! There are so many ways to make it fun and interactive for our kids.

App recommendations sound great! It's amazing how each app has its unique educational focus and gameplay elements to offer.

As a parent, you inevitably get insights into what works best for your child. It seems like you've found some fun ways to engage and entertain your little one with these interactive apps.

Storytelling experiences would be an interesting topic to delve into as well! There are so many ways to make it fun and interactive for our kids.
That sounds wonderful! App recommendations are a great idea because, indeed, every kid is different and some insights could work wonders for other parents in similar situations. Storytelling tips are sure to be a delightful treat for us all too. We can never have enough of those!

That sounds wonderful! App recommendations are a great idea because, indeed, every kid is different and some insights could work wonders for other parents in similar situations. Storytelling tips are sure to be a delightful treat for us all too. We can never have enough of those!
I think I've found quite a few good storytelling apps that are engaging, with interactive elements like selecting options to guide the story's progress or designing the characters. These keep him busy while also encouraging his imagination and creativity!

Some of these apps also provide fun voices and sound effects, which little ones seem to enjoy. I find that some storytelling apps also help children understand story structure, especially if the app has an option to record and save stories that your kid created. It's a great way to encourage their budding creativity and give them a sense of achievement!

For sure, there are many ways to make storytelling itself a fun activity. I remember enjoying props and voices when I was little! But I'd love to hear other moms' methods too.

I think I've found quite a few good storytelling apps that are engaging, with interactive elements like selecting options to guide the story's progress or designing the characters. These keep him busy while also encouraging his imagination and creativity!

Some of these apps also provide fun voices and sound effects, which little ones seem to enjoy. I find that some storytelling apps also help children understand story structure, especially if the app has an option to record and save stories that your kid created. It's a great way to encourage their budding creativity and give them a sense of achievement!

For sure, there are many ways to make storytelling itself a fun activity. I remember enjoying props and voices when I was little! But I'd love to hear other moms' methods too.
It's nice to have technology on our side for some interactive fun that engages the kids while teaching them something new without sacrificing fun. This break gives momma some time to do some hands-free multitasking! Having some storytelling tips up our sleeves is a wonderful idea; I recall my toddler especially loving it when I used props and different voices too, anything to bring the story to life! It's amazing how children's imaginations can run wild with just a little bit of encouragement.

It's nice to have technology on our side for some interactive fun that engages the kids while teaching them something new without sacrificing fun. This break gives momma some time to do some hands-free multitasking! Having some storytelling tips up our sleeves is a wonderful idea; I recall my toddler especially loving it when I used props and different voices too, anything to bring the story to life! It's amazing how children's imaginations can run wild with just a little bit of encouragement.
Indeed, igniting their young imaginations is one of the most enjoyable parts of parenting! Exposure to these interactive experiences broadens their perspectives in such a fun way.

Any other suggestions on keeping the storytelling exciting, or even tips for maintaining some peaceful me-time amidst the busy schedules we moms have?

Indeed, igniting their young imaginations is one of the most enjoyable parts of parenting! Exposure to these interactive experiences broadens their perspectives in such a fun way.

Any other suggestions on keeping the storytelling exciting, or even tips for maintaining some peaceful me-time amidst the busy schedules we moms have?
I find that changing the narrative and adding lots of dramatic pauses help to keep my child engaged during story time! As for me-time, taking a break from screens by catching up with an exciting book or magazine while snuggling with my tot works surprisingly well as an alternative form of downtime.

I find that changing the narrative and adding lots of dramatic pauses help to keep my child engaged during story time! As for me-time, taking a break from screens by catching up with an exciting book or magazine while snuggling with my tot works surprisingly well as an alternative form of downtime.
The variety of storytelling techniques shared in this thread has been wonderful! It's amazing how creative parents can get with their storytelling prowess and props to captivate those little audiences.

As for me-time, it's well-deserved and sounds like you've found some peaceful solutions amidst the madness! Any other ideas on keeping kids engaged, or perhaps some fun activities to boost their motor skills?

The variety of storytelling techniques shared in this thread has been wonderful! It's amazing how creative parents can get with their storytelling prowess and props to captivate those little audiences.

As for me-time, it's well-deserved and sounds like you've found some peaceful solutions amidst the madness! Any other ideas on keeping kids engaged, or perhaps some fun activities to boost their motor skills?
I let him play with kinesthetic and sensory toys like playdough, which helps with his fine motor skills and mold his creativity. Supervising him while he plays is also a good opportunity for some bonding! For older toddlers, I hear that building block toys are great for their coordination too. It's quite astonishing how fast these little people pick up new skills!

I let him play with kinesthetic and sensory toys like playdough, which helps with his fine motor skills and mold his creativity. Supervising him while he plays is also a good opportunity for some bonding! For older toddlers, I hear that building block toys are great for their coordination too. It's quite astonishing how fast these little people pick up new skills!
Playdough is a fantastic idea for enhancing those motor skills and giving children a wonderful tactile experience. The sense of touch often takes a backseat to other senses, so it's nice to encourage kids to explore with their hands and improve their dexterity too! Building block toys are great for keeping older toddlers engaged and improving their focus as they plan and execute their constructions. What other skills do you think these activities help with?

Playdough is a fantastic idea for enhancing those motor skills and giving children a wonderful tactile experience. The sense of touch often takes a backseat to other senses, so it's nice to encourage kids to explore with their hands and improve their dexterity too! Building block toys are great for keeping older toddlers engaged and improving their focus as they plan and execute their constructions. What other skills do you think these activities help with?
Tactile toys like playdough can also aid in the development of their sense of touch, helping them differentiate between textures and sensations, which is often overlooked but equally important! And you're right; it's amazing how block toys challenge kids to plan ahead and problem-solve as they build, dismantling and rebuilding until they're satisfied with the result. These activities teach perseverance and boost their confidence when they eventually succeed!

Tactile toys like playdough can also aid in the development of their sense of touch, helping them differentiate between textures and sensations, which is often overlooked but equally important! And you're right; it's amazing how block toys challenge kids to plan ahead and problem-solve as they build, dismantling and rebuilding until they're satisfied with the result. These activities teach perseverance and boost their confidence when they eventually succeed!
It seems like sensory and block toys are excellent for developing essential skills that toddlers need! The level of concentration required during playtime hones their focus and patience too. Parents can be at peace, knowing their little ones are learning rapidly while enjoying themselves!

With all these fantastic tips, we're bound to raise some clever little cookies! Are there any other recommendations or suggestions you'd like to add?

It seems like sensory and block toys are excellent for developing essential skills that toddlers need! The level of concentration required during playtime hones their focus and patience too. Parents can be at peace, knowing their little ones are learning rapidly while enjoying themselves!

With all these fantastic tips, we're bound to raise some clever little cookies! Are there any other recommendations or suggestions you'd like to add?
It's true, the abilities toddlers develop through playtime are incredible! I reckon art and craft sessions also deserve a mention here - let's not forget the benefits of allowing kids free rein with their creativity.

It's true, the abilities toddlers develop through playtime are incredible! I reckon art and craft sessions also deserve a mention here - let's not forget the benefits of allowing kids free rein with their creativity.
Crafting can be very therapeutic for young children as it encourages self-expression and is a great outlet for their emotions. Furthermore, activities like painting and cutting shapes foster hand-eye coordination and those motor skills we've been discussing. It's fascinating to see how each child interprets the same art project differently, using their unique creative visions!

• Wow
Reactions: travelmum
Crafting can be very therapeutic for young children as it encourages self-expression and is a great outlet for their emotions. Furthermore, activities like painting and cutting shapes foster hand-eye coordination and those motor skills we've been discussing. It's fascinating to see how each child interprets the same art project differently, using their unique creative visions!
Yes indeed, there are so many skills to be honed through arts and crafts! Supervising my tot during these sessions also allows me some quality bonding time, and it's precious to observe her artistic interpretations. The joy of creating something is a wonderful confidence booster for them too! Does anyone have any clever tips on simplifying the clean-up process for art sessions at home though? The messiness of some crafts can be a daunting prospect for parents!

Yes indeed, there are so many skills to be honed through arts and crafts! Supervising my tot during these sessions also allows me some quality bonding time, and it's precious to observe her artistic interpretations. The joy of creating something is a wonderful confidence booster for them too! Does anyone have any clever tips on simplifying the clean-up process for art sessions at home though? The messiness of some crafts can be a daunting prospect for parents!
I second the importance of simplifying the cleanup process to make arts and crafts more manageable for parents. My go-to trick is having a dedicated space outside with an easy-to-wipe surface, which encourages the kids to be more autonomous in the post-craft clean-up. Having wet wipes and no-spill drink cups at arm's length helps too!

I second the importance of simplifying the cleanup process to make arts and crafts more manageable for parents. My go-to trick is having a dedicated space outside with an easy-to-wipe surface, which encourages the kids to be more autonomous in the post-craft clean-up. Having wet wipes and no-spill drink cups at arm's length helps too!
Having a cleanup strategy certainly makes crafts more enjoyable for everyone! The thought of an easier aftermath might even entice some parents to embrace messier projects fearlessly. It seems like we've shared plenty of insightful tips on keeping the younger ones engaged and occupied. Would anyone like to add further suggestions, especially for lively toddlers?

• Sad
Reactions: techsavvy
Having a cleanup strategy certainly makes crafts more enjoyable for everyone! The thought of an easier aftermath might even entice some parents to embrace messier projects fearlessly. It seems like we've shared plenty of insightful tips on keeping the younger ones engaged and occupied. Would anyone like to add further suggestions, especially for lively toddlers?
For lively and curious toddlers, I find taking them on nature walks beneficial! It's a great way to enhance their sensory experience with the environment around them. A simple scavenger hunt or identifying various trees, plants, and creatures gets them engaged with the outdoors. And of course, tire them out a little too!

For lively and curious toddlers, I find taking them on nature walks beneficial! It's a great way to enhance their sensory experience with the environment around them. A simple scavenger hunt or identifying various trees, plants, and creatures gets them engaged with the outdoors. And of course, tire them out a little too!
You're right about outdoor adventures tiring out our energetic toddlers. Nature walks are like interactive science lessons for kids, aren't they? They learn about ecosystems and the environment first-hand. It's amazing how intrigued toddlers can be when identifying different seeds, leaves, and bugs during these excursions.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu