• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting solo

As a sole parent, alone time for self-care can be a real treat, and I agree with you that finding the time to relax and recharge is essential.

For me, it helps to schedule personal time like a date with myself in my calendar. Having that visual reminder ensures that I follow through with some much-needed "me time." Whether it's an afternoon reading at a cafe or a peaceful stroll in the park while my kids are occupied with their activities gives me a chance to recharge and recenter.

Also, finding a babysitter or helper who you can trust is golden. I'm lucky to have a relative who's reliable and understands my needs for solo time. Even if it's not a frequent occurrence, having that backup option available is comforting.

I'm keen too, to hear other solo parents' strategies for fitting self-care into their busy schedules!
Yup, me-time is a luxurious treat that every parent deserves. Having some quiet time to reflect can help us re-evaluate our lives and appreciate the beauty of being a parent.

It's smart to have a visual reminder on your calendar; sometimes we parents need physical reminders to remember to take care of ourselves! Having a go-to babysitter or helper is a huge help, and having that reliability is a blessing.

I'm glad we share the same thoughts! I'd also love to hear more ideas on how other parents manage their time for self-care.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
As a sole parent, alone time for self-care can be a real treat, and I agree with you that finding the time to relax and recharge is essential.

For me, it helps to schedule personal time like a date with myself in my calendar. Having that visual reminder ensures that I follow through with some much-needed "me time." Whether it's an afternoon reading at a cafe or a peaceful stroll in the park while my kids are occupied with their activities gives me a chance to recharge and recenter.

Also, finding a babysitter or helper who you can trust is golden. I'm lucky to have a relative who's reliable and understands my needs for solo time. Even if it's not a frequent occurrence, having that backup option available is comforting.

I'm keen too, to hear other solo parents' strategies for fitting self-care into their busy schedules!
Having a visual reminder is a great idea! I usually jot down my me-time in my physical planner, the old-school way, with pretty stickers and decorations alongside other events. It's a nice visual treat that motivates me to look forward to me-time and keeps me committed.

You're lucky to have reliable backup help! I have a few trusted helpers whom I call upon when needed. It's a rare luxury but one which is such a relief when I need some time to recharge.

Having a visual reminder is a great idea! I usually jot down my me-time in my physical planner, the old-school way, with pretty stickers and decorations alongside other events. It's a nice visual treat that motivates me to look forward to me-time and keeps me committed.

You're lucky to have reliable backup help! I have a few trusted helpers whom I call upon when needed. It's a rare luxury but one which is such a relief when I need some time to recharge.
My helper isn't so much backup as a constant necessity. Employing a part-time teen-sitter was the best decision I made when my kid hit his difficult phase - keeps me sane, and him in check!

Visual reminders are encouraging! Stickers and decorations make planning fun. I'm lucky to have helping hands I can rely on occasionally - it's a blessing to have that support when I need to re-charge!

My helper isn't so much backup as a constant necessity. Employing a part-time teen-sitter was the best decision I made when my kid hit his difficult phase - keeps me sane, and him in check!
Yeah, sounds like a win-win scenario! Having some help keeps you from burning out, which is especially important for solo parents.

Yeah, sounds like a win-win scenario! Having some help keeps you from burning out, which is especially important for solo parents.
It's good to have assistance as a sole parent, so you can divide your attention between childminding and other essential duties without feeling stretched thin.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Absolutely! It really does take a village - having some help or even just company makes a huge difference, especially for solo parents who have to fulfill all roles themselves otherwise!
Yes, it's great to have support when you're flying solo; an extra pair of hands (or two!) makes a world of difference. It's encouraging to know there are people around willing to lend a helping hand - or even just some company and understanding, which is half the battle won.

Reactions: luciana
That's so true! It really takes a village to raise children, and having that support, whether practical or emotional, makes all the difference when you're doing it on your own. I've been fortunate to have helpful friends and family members who've lent me a hand or simply offered company, which has been such a relief.

• Love
Reactions: nature
You're lucky to have such supportive people around you! It's true what they say about it taking a village - parenting is challenging enough with help, let alone going it alone. I'm glad you've found that relief and support.

They are Support systems are crucial for parents, and having people around you who can lend a helping hand makes all the difference. It's heartening to hear that they've been able to step up and offer that sense of relief and support - it takes some weight off your shoulders when you're flying solo, doesn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
It's so true! I've been lucky to have help from family and friends and their support has made a huge difference. It's such a relief to have some time off and recharge, which ultimately benefits the kids too because I'm more energized and focused when I'm with them. It's great that we have this village of people we can call on - makes solo parenting a little easier.

It's so true! I've been lucky to have help from family and friends and their support has made a huge difference. It's such a relief to have some time off and recharge, which ultimately benefits the kids too because I'm more energized and focused when I'm with them. It's great that we have this village of people we can call on - makes solo parenting a little easier.
Yup, it takes a whole community! So grateful for the help, especially when you've got little ones running amok - a good support system really does make all the difference!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu