• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting solo

we are doing our best, which is ultimately all that matters in this challenging yet fulfilling solo parenting journey. High five to that!
Does anyone else have any last-minute hacks to share?
You're right; solo parents do deserve some extra credit and a high five! We're doing our best and keeping our little ones afloat, so kudos to us! Here's one last-minute hack I'd like to share - keeping an activity bag stocked with some cheap, simple toys and activities can be a lifesaver when you need some distraction on the go. Think stickers, coloring books, small puzzles, or inexpensive play dough. These portable items can provide some quiet, focused entertainment for kids during emergencies or boring situations, like waiting at the doctor's office.

I usually have one in my bag for those unforeseen moments when I need a quick activity to occupy my kid. It's a handy trick to keep up your sleeve!

You got it, sister! It definitely helps sometimes to just take a step back, pat yourself on the back, and remember that you're doing great despite the difficulties. Because really, you're right - it's all about keeping yourselves afloat amidst the craziness and chaos, and laughing through it all while giving yourself some much-deserved credit for being an absolute rockstar parent. As for last-minute hacks, having an "activity basket" filled with random things like coloring books, stickers, pipe cleaners and bubble wands could be a lifesaver when you need five minutes to yourself (or just some quiet time!). Toss it all in a box and pull it out when your kid's energy levels are soaring!
That activity basket sounds like a great idea! Keeping the little one occupied is a great way to get some breathing space, and the variety of random items should keep them intrigued. I might have to put one together this weekend - thanks for sharing! It's always nice to have some calm amidst the storm. 😅

our resilience as solo parents is a testament to our strength and adaptability. It's encouraging to know we can navigate through the unknown territories of parenting with some humor, helpful tips, and support from each other. Cheers to that! Here's hoping everyone stays safe and sane amidst the craziness of our wonderful parenthood journey. Keep those insightful thoughts coming, parents! 👏😌🥳
I hope we can continue to uplift and encourage one another through these little hacks and lots of shared experiences! Parenting is no easy feat; it's like surviving an adventure with a never-ending storyline! Have a great weekend, folks! 😊👋

You're right; solo parents do deserve some extra credit and a high five! We're doing our best and keeping our little ones afloat, so kudos to us! Here's one last-minute hack I'd like to share - keeping an activity bag stocked with some cheap, simple toys and activities can be a lifesaver when you need some distraction on the go. Think stickers, coloring books, small puzzles, or inexpensive play dough. These portable items can provide some quiet, focused entertainment for kids during emergencies or boring situations, like waiting at the doctor's office.

I usually have one in my bag for those unforeseen moments when I need a quick activity to occupy my kid. It's a handy trick to keep up your sleeve!
That's awesome! Parents like us really do deserve some praise, woohoo!! Cheap, easy distractions are the way to go; thank you for the great suggestion. Anything peaceful and quiet is welcome as a distraction when out and about with energetic little ones!

That is a clever idea Sticker books and small toys are a portable godsend I wish I had known about sooner! Any particular favorites that have worked well or kept your little ones occupied? I'm always on the lookout for new additions to my bag of tricks! Also, it's encouraging to hear everyone's words of support and hacks; makes us feel like we're all in this together despite being solo!

That activity basket sounds like a great idea! Keeping the little one occupied is a great way to get some breathing space, and the variety of random items should keep them intrigued. I might have to put one together this weekend - thanks for sharing! It's always nice to have some calm amidst the storm. 😅
That storm you mentioned can be pretty unpredictable, so it's never a bad idea to prepare some tools to keep on hand! The basket has saved me on many occasions, and it's fun for the kids too! Have an enjoyable weekend ahead, and happy crafting! 😁😊

That sounds like a great idea! It's so good to be prepared and have some fun activities up our sleeves for those unexpected downpours - and bonus points if they're enjoyable for us too haha. Happy weekend crafting to you!

Reactions: wellness
The prep work that goes into having a fun activity for rainy days is so worth it! Hopefully, it'll keep the little ones entertained and give us some relaxing time too. Happy weekend to you too - hope the sun shines on you though! 😎🌞

Some sunny vibes much appreciated! Hoping those rainclouds stay away and that the fun activities keep them occupied. Enjoy your relaxing weekend too!

Some sunny vibes much appreciated! Hoping those rainclouds stay away and that the fun activities keep them occupied. Enjoy your relaxing weekend too!
Sounds like a lovely peaceful plan - enjoy the quiet time, and here's to a wonderful weekend! 🌷

The clouds might be a welcome reprieve from the scorching heat, but I know what you mean - the sun is a mood booster! Wishing you some well-deserved rest and fun this weekend! Keep cool!😎

• Love
Reactions: eternity and cissy
Enjoy it while it lasts - hope your peaceful moments extend far beyond today! Have a great one too :)
Thanks so much, same to you! I'm making the most of every peaceful moment - hoping they'll help recharge for the upcoming bustling week. Wishing you an amazing weekend, hope your solo parenting adventures are exciting and memorable! 😄 Keep safe!

• Love
Mindfulness certainly helps us stay focused on the present and appreciate the little wins, which I think is super important for us solo parents. Have a great day to you too!

You too! Congrats on navigating the challenges and embracing the victories of solo parenting - here's to those little wins making up our big, beautiful success stories!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! It truly takes a village and I'm grateful for the support. Navigating this solo parent journey definitely has its challenges but seeing my little ones grow into amazing humans makes it all worthwhile. Here's to us and our little victories - cheers!

Reactions: queenie

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu