• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Pro Tips

That sounds like a fun activity and a great way to foster creativity and appreciate the joys of simple pleasures. I love the idea of painting and decorating rocks, and it's so sweet to see how children can find wonder in these little things. It's a lovely way to create lasting memories too!

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, we loved painting rocks together and it's an activity that doesn't cost much but offers so many benefits and quality family time. We Seal most of our rock art with a clear coating so they're waterproof and keep them in our garden beds. It's so fun to stumble upon them when doing garden work or just playing outside!

That's a great tip about sealing the rock art! We've also started painting rocks, but most of our designs end up fading/chipped when left outdoors. Can't wait to try this out and see the kids' creations endure through many adventures in the garden.

We had the same issue with fading and chipping when we first started! The sealing spray is definitely an affordable and worthwhile investment - it's exciting to think of the designs enduring and being enjoyed for longer.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
The sealing spray sounds like a great solution, especially if it means the artwork lasts longer! It's encouraging to hear first-hand experience of its success - thanks for sharing! 😊

You're very welcome! We use it on everything from paintings, collages, and drawings and it really helps keep them looking great. Some works now hang proudly on our walls 6 months later! It's especially helpful as my toddler loves using watercolors but often adds lots of spit (ugh!) for 'shine.' 😅

Spit-shine, eh? I feel that! That's a great tip - never thought of using it on artworks. I'll have to try that with my little one's masterpieces. We've been using laminating pouches and those self adhesive plastic pockets for our favourites but they're looking worse for wear lately. This looks like a much better solution!

Spit-shine, eh? I feel that! That's a great tip - never thought of using it on artworks. I'll have to try that with my little one's masterpieces. We've been using laminating pouches and those self adhesive plastic pockets for our favourites but they're looking worse for wear lately. This looks like a much better solution!
It definitely makes the keeping process easier, especially for precious pieces of art! The sealing spray is a lifesaver, especially when you have a budding young artist in the family. The toddler years are such a wonderful phase for imaginative and sensory play, enjoy it while it lasts!

Sprays are the way to go - especially if you plan on keeping some of the art that your little ones make. It's a great way to preserve them without damaging the actual pieces! And I completely agree, the toddler years are so much fun - their creativity knows no bounds!

Sprays are the way to go - especially if you plan on keeping some of the art that your little ones make. It's a great way to preserve them without damaging the actual pieces! And I completely agree, the toddler years are so much fun - their creativity knows no bounds!
It's amazing to see what simple materials can spark their imagination. They see beauty and possibility where we see... well, nothing special haha.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu