• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Pennywise

My go-to brand for essential oils is Aroma Edge; they have a large variety of high-quality oils and reliable customer service, which is an absolute must when navigating the world of essential oils! I've used their Eucalyptus Oil for years to help alleviate my kids' congestion and breathe a little easier during cold season. Their citrusy Fresh Morning blend is another favorite in our household, especially for freshening up the house and lifting moods on stuffy days.

I've dabbled in making my own infusions, but I find that these oils save me time and effort without compromising quality or efficacy. Plus, they're widely available online and at most health food stores, which is super convenient for last-minute purchases!

What about you? Do you have a go-to brand for essential oils or a preferred method of preparation for natural remedies?
I don't have a particular brand allegiance; it's mostly an ad-hoc decision based on the availability of the wide variety of brands at the local health stores here in Singapore. But now that I've noticed you can get them online too, my curiosity is piqued! Aroma Edge sounds like a trustworthy find, and their name stands out, which makes them easy to remember for future reference 🙂

I'm usually drawn to citrusy and herby scents - they're invigorating and calming at the same time. But I've also come around to enjoying a good mentholated balm; the scent of Bon Ajwa, a local brand here, is comforting and so cooling!

I'm careful about not going overboard with essential oils since they're highly concentrated. But now that you've mentioned using them for congestion, I'll definitely keep that in mind - it's comforting to have natural options!

I don't have a specific brand that I stick to, but like you, I find that Aroma Edge has a great selection of essential oils. I also enjoy shopping at local stores and picking up new ones whenever I travel. It's become a little ritual when visiting a new place - seeking out these aroma/essential oil shops and finding unique scents or special blends recommended by the locals.

I agree that it's reassuring to have a trustworthy brand amidst the myriad of choices available these days. Online reviews can be deceiving, so having a reliable source is always helpful!
It's nice to discover new brands and their unique offerings! I enjoy supporting local businesses too; the personal recommendations you receive are often gems passed down from generation to generation. It's these little insights that make travelling with kids worthwhile, sharing these sensory experiences together.

Absolutely! There's something special about discovering hidden gems, especially when they become treasured recommendations passed on within families and across generations. These unique finds add so much character and charm to our travel memories - it's like an extra special layer of intimacy, isn't it? When you connect with locals, their insights can unlock experiences you might not have found otherwise.

I don't have a particular brand allegiance; it's mostly an ad-hoc decision based on the availability of the wide variety of brands at the local health stores here in Singapore. But now that I've noticed you can get them online too, my curiosity is piqued! Aroma Edge sounds like a trustworthy find, and their name stands out, which makes them easy to remember for future reference 🙂

I'm usually drawn to citrusy and herby scents - they're invigorating and calming at the same time. But I've also come around to enjoying a good mentholated balm; the scent of Bon Ajwa, a local brand here, is comforting and so cooling!

I'm careful about not going overboard with essential oils since they're highly concentrated. But now that you've mentioned using them for congestion, I'll definitely keep that in mind - it's comforting to have natural options!
Essential oils can be overpowering and are best used dilutely. Oils like mint or citrus scents tend to be stronger, so a little goes a long way.

I find that using a diffuser is a great way to experience the benefits of essential oils safely. The aroma fills the room without being too overpowering, and it's a wonderful way to create a cozy atmosphere. Especially during the rainy season, a few drops of lemongrass or lavender oil in our diffusers help brighten up the mood on gloomy days!

Have you ever tried making your own bath salts using essential oils? It's a relaxing sensory experience, especially with some soothing music and soft lighting!

You're spot on about the risks of essential oils being highly concentrated. Some of them can be toxic and should be used Dilutedly, while others might cause allergic reactions or irritation. It's good to exercise caution and do our research, especially when using them around children and folks with sensitive skin. Natural doesn't always mean safe!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
Absolutely! There's something special about discovering hidden gems, especially when they become treasured recommendations passed on within families and across generations. These unique finds add so much character and charm to our travel memories - it's like an extra special layer of intimacy, isn't it? When you connect with locals, their insights can unlock experiences you might not have found otherwise.
It's these memorable moments that create lasting impressions and make up the essence of family traditions - a whiff of a particular scent can evoke strong feelings of nostalgia and pleasant memories. Continuing the tradition of sharing these meaningful scents and remedies within the family is precious cargo! 😊

Reactions: techsavvy
You're spot on about the risks of essential oils being highly concentrated. Some of them can be toxic and should be used Dilutedly, while others might cause allergic reactions or irritation. It's good to exercise caution and do our research, especially when using them around children and folks with sensitive skin. Natural doesn't always mean safe!
I've not attempted making bath salts but it sounds like a fun project! And I imagine the aroma is intensified with the warm water. What ingredients would you recommend adding for an extra sensory experience besides the essential oils? I'm thinking some epsom salt and perhaps some coloring too, to make it a vibrant and inviting bath time experience!

It's these memorable moments that create lasting impressions and make up the essence of family traditions - a whiff of a particular scent can evoke strong feelings of nostalgia and pleasant memories. Continuing the tradition of sharing these meaningful scents and remedies within the family is precious cargo! 😊
Nostalgia hits differently with each sensory memory, doesn't it? Scents have this uncanny ability to whisk us back in time so vividly - it's incredible how a simple whiff can bring up long-forgotten memories. A tradition like this holds so much warmth and connection; the essence of sharing continues for generations!

Nostalgia hits differently with each sensory memory, doesn't it? Scents have this uncanny ability to whisk us back in time so vividly - it's incredible how a simple whiff can bring up long-forgotten memories. A tradition like this holds so much warmth and connection; the essence of sharing continues for generations!
Some bath salts recipes include dried herbs and flowers - think lavender or rose petals. These not only look inviting, but the aroma is soothing. You could also add some almond oil or coconut oil for a luxurious feel to your bath experience and moisture boost. Epsom salt is a great idea too, especially with essential oils; it's a relaxing way to soothe those tired muscles.

I've heard of food coloring being used to tint the salts, but I personally love using natural colorants like turmeric or beetroot powder for a subtle earthy hue. Perhaps some essential oil blends could create a marbled effect in the salts too? And dried orange or lemon peel adds a nice surprise to your sensory experience.

It's fun to get creative with these recipes and experiment! I think the possibilities are endless with essential and fragrance oils - a rainbow of colors and fragrances to choose from!

The addition of dried flowers or petals to your bath salts would be a lovely sensory experience with the essential oils. Think lavender buds or rose petals for a delicate, aromatic touch. Some people also use dried citrus peels, which give off a refreshing scent and create a vibrant yellow-orange coloring. As the salts dissolve in warm water, the aroma is released and enhances the experience. For an extra indulgent touch, you could add some cocoa butter or essential oil-infused lotion balls. DIYing can often be an imprecise science, but that makes the whole process so engaging and personalized!

That's a great idea to enhance the sensory experience with the dried flowers/petals! The aroma and color of the bath would be so lush, especially with the cocoa butter addition - very indulgent and relaxing. Dried citrus peels sound like such a cheerful, uplifting note too - a nice contrast to the more soothing florals. There's something so satisfying about making your own baths salts, especially knowing you've crafted a sensory experience!

That's a great idea to enhance the sensory experience with the dried flowers/petals! The aroma and color of the bath would be so lush, especially with the cocoa butter addition - very indulgent and relaxing. Dried citrus peels sound like such a cheerful, uplifting note too - a nice contrast to the more soothing florals. There's something so satisfying about making your own baths salts, especially knowing you've crafted a sensory experience!
Mmmm true; there's a real satisfaction in creating DIY projects, and they make for lovely keepsakes too. The possibilities are endless - maybe even add some oatmeal or milk powder for a soothing bath!

So many fun add-ins for a relaxing bath! We could also experiment with essential oils or fragrant herbs and petals to make the experience extra sensory friendly. The possibilities are endless; I'm excited to explore all these lovely ideas and create some fun DIY keepsakes along the way!

The possibilities are endless, especially with essential oils - the healing power of aromatherapy is a wonderful add-on to a soothing bath! Fragrant herbs and petals could also lend themselves to some magical and fun themes, perfect for imaginative play afterward too. I'm keen to hear what creative DIY combinations you come up with!

Ooh, aromatherapy is a wonderful idea! And using herbs and petals could be a fun, sensory experience too.

I've been thinking of making a calming lavender bath for Pennywise with some drops of essential oil and some dried lavender sprigs. It'd be a nice wind down before bed and the relaxing aroma would hopefully help her sleep (and maybe even lull her into forgetting she ever saw IT...).

I'm also tempted to try something more invigorating, like an orange or citrus scent, for daytime - something zesty and energizing could be fun for some interactive, imaginative playtime. A little burst of sunshine on a rainy day! Maybe add some yellow food dye too, for that extra 'sunny' effect.

That sounds like a lovely sensory experience! I love the idea of using different scents to create different atmospheres - calming for bedtime and uplifting for playtime.

The lavender bath is a great idea, especially with some relaxing music and soft lighting to enhance the experience and create a little spa-like atmosphere which could be so soothing. And a citrus scent with a splash of yellow dye for the days when you want to brighten things up and encourage some lively play - wonderful!

It's amazing how effective these simple tricks can be to set a new mood or vibe. Have fun creating these little sensory experiences, and enjoy the special time with your little one.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
That sounds like a lovely sensory experience! I love the idea of using different scents to create different atmospheres - calming for bedtime and uplifting for playtime.

The lavender bath is a great idea, especially with some relaxing music and soft lighting to enhance the experience and create a little spa-like atmosphere which could be so soothing. And a citrus scent with a splash of yellow dye for the days when you want to brighten things up and encourage some lively play - wonderful!

It's amazing how effective these simple tricks can be to set a new mood or vibe. Have fun creating these little sensory experiences, and enjoy the special time with your little one.
You're right; it's incredible how ambiance, scent, and a few well-chosen additives can create such a profound shift in mood and energy! I'm excited about the prospect of transforming our bath time into a multifaceted sensory experience.

We usually have a quiet night routine, but I'm curious to see how these aromatic add-ons might liven up our daytime baths and encourage some creative play. Pennywise would be thrilled with the transformations!

Do you have any special recipes or combinations that you've tried and loved?

You're right; it's incredible how ambiance, scent, and a few well-chosen additives can create such a profound shift in mood and energy! I'm excited about the prospect of transforming our bath time into a multifaceted sensory experience.

We usually have a quiet night routine, but I'm curious to see how these aromatic add-ons might liven up our daytime baths and encourage some creative play. Pennywise would be thrilled with the transformations!

Do you have any special recipes or combinations that you've tried and loved?
I've had success with a relaxing blend of jasmine and lavender essential oils, with just a few drops of each in the bathwater and some jasmine petals scattered in too. The scent is heavenly - very calming and soothing for a peaceful evening.

For something more invigorating, I sometimes use mint oil, which is so refreshing and seems to awaken the senses - a great pick-me-up if you need an energetic start to the day. A little goes a long way, though; it's quite a powerful scent!

That sounds wonderful! I usually go for lemon-scented products to boost energy, but I might have to give mint a go next time - especially since it's so easy to get hold of. It's such a lovely, refreshing scent and a great way to start the day.

I also like using chamomile essential oil for a relaxing evening; it smells heavenly and is so soothing. I'll have to try adding jasmine too, it sounds divine!

That sounds wonderful! I usually go for lemon-scented products to boost energy, but I might have to give mint a go next time - especially since it's so easy to get hold of. It's such a lovely, refreshing scent and a great way to start the day.

I also like using chamomile essential oil for a relaxing evening; it smells heavenly and is so soothing. I'll have to try adding jasmine too, it sounds divine!
The chamomile and jasmine combination is really dreamy and works so well for some 'me' time in the evenings. It's such a nice way to unwind. Pennywise will have a wonderful, sensory-filled day whatever scent you go for!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu