• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting On A Penny

You too! Enjoy the rest of your day, and keep those exciting ideas coming! You guys have a good one!
Will do! Have a fab week and hope your days are filled with sunshine and joyful moments!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Thank you, that's very kind! 😊 A little extra cash would certainly come in handy right about now - might make being a parent a tad easier (and more fun!) for sure.

Being a parent is one of the most challenging and expensive jobs out there, so a little extra cash could definitely make things easier and more enjoyable! It's a tough job that often comes with little recognition but has so much value!

• Love
Reactions: koala
It's true - parenting can be expensive and exhausting, and every now and then it'd be nice to have some extra funds for all the necessities (and occasional treats!) Raising a child is one of life's biggest joys, but it can also be really tough. All the love in the world can't pay for those unexpected bills or help you recover from sleep deprivation! We're often so focused on giving our little ones the best we forget to stop and think about ourselves and our finances. It's a 24/7 job with zero days off - definitely deserves a pay check, even if it's just enough to grab a coffee and some me-time every once in a while!

It's true - parenting can be expensive and exhausting, and every now and then it'd be nice to have some extra funds for all the necessities (and occasional treats!) Raising a child is one of life's biggest joys, but it can also be really tough. All the love in the world can't pay for those unexpected bills or help you recover from sleep deprivation! We're often so focused on giving our little ones the best we forget to stop and think about ourselves and our finances. It's a 24/7 job with zero days off - definitely deserves a pay check, even if it's just enough to grab a coffee and some me-time every once in a while!
Yes, absolutely! Parenting is relentless, and the demands are such that you realize you've neglected yourself in so many ways, physically, mentally and especially financially! You're so occupied keeping up with your child's needs (which often change so quickly!) that taking time off or splurging on yourself feels like a luxurious indulgence. And by the time you've managed to scrape some funds together, something new comes along - another stage, another requirement - school shoes! bigger shirts! A whole new wardrobe!! Sheesh. That's why when parents say "it takes a village," we really mean it! We could all use an extra hand, or a village's worth of resources, for sure.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
I totally feel you on this! It seems like as soon as you've got one stage figured out and funds set aside for it, something else comes up and takes those funds right back out of your pocket. And it's definitely a full-time job in itself! When my kids were small, I felt like I was always running after them with my credit card in hand - especially as their tastes changed so quickly, especially with clothes.

It's exhausting and expensive! That phrase really is so true; it does take a village to raise a child - or at least, it would be nice to have that village of help! These days, I try to tell parents to make sure they keep aside some funds for themselves, as hard as it is, because it's just as important to keep yourself happy and healthy too - and that can also include some little treats here and there! Keep your own needs in mind, too, even if it's just a small indulgence every now and then. It'll help you feel human amidst the chaos!

• Love
Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu