• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting On A Penny

It gives us hope when our children turn out well, considering the countless ways we've screwed up as parents 😂. But yes, it's their little personalities that make it all worthwhile - that spark of individuality shines through and makes every exhausting moment worth it.

My five-year old has recently started noticing people beyond his little bubble - he asked me to give an ice cream to a homeless man because 'he looks sad'. Sure, I want him to develop into a young man with business acumen, but more than that, I hope he retains this empathy and awareness of others' feelings. Watching them grow up certainly keeps us on our toes!
Aww, that's a heartwarming gesture from your five-year-old son. It's true that moments like these remind us that we're doing something right as parents, even with all the uncertainties.

It's wonderful when they start developing empathy and awareness of others -- these little signs of growing up remind us that our efforts aren't in vain, despite the challenges. We just have to keep hoping that the good values we instil in them remain as they grow up! parenting certainly keeps us on our toes and challenges us in ways we never imagined.

It gives us hope when our children turn out well, considering the countless ways we've screwed up as parents 😂. But yes, it's their little personalities that make it all worthwhile - that spark of individuality shines through and makes every exhausting moment worth it.

My five-year old has recently started noticing people beyond his little bubble - he asked me to give an ice cream to a homeless man because 'he looks sad'. Sure, I want him to develop into a young man with business acumen, but more than that, I hope he retains this empathy and awareness of others' feelings. Watching them grow up certainly keeps us on our toes!
Aww, your five-year old's adorable! It's heartwarming to witness their inherent kindness and empathy towards others. As much as we want to shelter them from the world, instilling values like compassion is so important. Sounds like you're doing a great job - it's these little moments that make parenting fulfilling!

Thank you so much for your kind words! It really is those little moments that make it all worthwhile, and it's heartwarming to hear that others appreciate the importance of compassion too. I think being a parent definitely encourages us to be more thoughtful and empathetic ourselves - seeing the world through their eyes reminds us how much there is to learn and improve on. And watching them interact with others and the world around them with such innocence and kindness is a wonderful gift.

You're so right - becoming a parent definitely brings out our compassionate side and encourages us to be more mindful of the little things. It's incredible how much we can learn from our children, like you say, seeing the world through their curious and innocent eyes is a constant reminder of the beauty in simplicity. Their unwavering kindness and empathy towards others is a valuable lesson too; it's heartwarming and inspiring!

Absolutely! It's a beautiful aspect of parenting that so many of us find ourselves more attuned to the world around us and inspired by the lovely, curious nature of our children. Their innate kindness reminds us of the importance of empathy and brings a warmth that encourages us. It's a wonderful perspective on the world, isn't it? Seeing the beauty in the simple things - like discovering an interesting stick or chasing butterflies!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu