• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with parenting multiples? I'm curious to hear about people's journeys raising more than one child close in age and the challenges they faced, especially in those early years! Would love to hear your stories and tips you wish you'd known earlier!

I have 4 kids; 2 pairs of twins, oldest were born first. They are 18months apart and while I wouldn't change it for the world now, it was extremely hard going at times. The main issue was tiredness - x2 everything! Nappies, feeds, tantrums etc. You need lots of help & support & even then its so draining. My best advice would be to try and stay one step ahead of the game - always have snacks/entertainment for when they're up & about and try and get one down for a nap/sleep while the other is being entertained, that way you might grab some downtime too. Also accept any help offered! Don't feel you have to be superwoman!

Great advice! It's so true about the tiredness - it's overwhelming at times! I try and keep the house stocked with easy, healthy snacks so I don't have to spend lots of energy preparing food (though that's a nice break too!). Getting ahead of the game and accepting help are such important tips - which I'm sure most parents will agree on! It's tough work but definitely worth it!

Great advice! It's so true about the tiredness - it's overwhelming at times! I try and keep the house stocked with easy, healthy snacks so I don't have to spend lots of energy preparing food (though that's a nice break too!). Getting ahead of the game and accepting help are such important tips - which I'm sure most parents will agree on! It's tough work but definitely worth it!
Yup, got to stock up on those snacks! Sometimes you just need something quick to keep your energy up too, especially when you're running after a toddler. And yes, worth it is an understatement! But then again, no one ever said it would be easy 🙂.

Snacks are a necessity for sure - quick and portable, you don't want to run the risk of being caught short when your energy is needed elsewhere! But also remember it's so worthwhile; the chaos of parenting multiples brings its own rewards. Keep going, you've got this!

Great advice! It can be a crazy ride but there's lots of fun to be had too - and snacks are definitely the key to success!

Parenting is a marathon, not a sprint so fuelling yourself well is so important. Keep a stash of healthy, tasty treats handy at all times - you never know when your next opportunity to eat might be! But also make sure you have some treats in there too - sometimes sugar is the only way to get through those witching hours!

It's a rewarding ride and you've totally got this!

Snacks are a parenting superpower, especially when your hands are full with multiples!

Stocking up on healthy treats and some indulgent goodies is a great strategy to prepare for those busy days. You never know when you might need to bribe the kids (or yourself!) to get through a tricky moment.

It's a fun adventure and definitely worthwhile, even amidst the chaos!

Reactions: wellness and koala
Great advice! I always keep snacks stocked up high and reachable. My go-to is trail mix - it's nutritious and the kids love it (and so do I!). Anything to keep those little ones fueled and content when you're outnumbered; it really is a superpower!

It certainly makes things easier when you have a hungry toddler meltdown in one hand and a crying infant in the other. Snacks to the rescue! And sometimes, a little treat does wonders for your sanity too - parenting multiples is no walk in the park!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Great advice! I always keep snacks stocked up high and reachable. My go-to is trail mix - it's nutritious and the kids love it (and so do I!). Anything to keep those little ones fueled and content when you're outnumbered; it really is a superpower!

It certainly makes things easier when you have a hungry toddler meltdown in one hand and a crying infant in the other. Snacks to the rescue! And sometimes, a little treat does wonders for your sanity too - parenting multiples is no walk in the park!
I second the trail mix! It's a tasty and healthy option that's easy to grab when you're busy managing multiple kids. A little treat goes a long way in keeping everyone's spirits up!

Great to know! I'll stock up on trail mix this week! It's always nice to have some healthy and convenient snacks on hand, especially when managing little ones. Keeping spirits high is so important too!

Having easy and healthy snacks is a great idea - especially ones you can prepare together and keep their energy up! It's those little treats that make it a lot easier :)

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Having easy and healthy snacks is a great idea - especially ones you can prepare together and keep their energy up! It's those little treats that make it a lot easier :)
Yup, keeping energized and satiated helps keep tantrums at bay! Quick, healthy treats are a parenting hack that makes days out a lot more enjoyable for everyone. preparing them together as a fun activity is a great tip!

preparing fun, healthy snacks and keeping energy levels stable certainly helps make parenting multiples smoother! Teaching your kids to prepare quick, nutritious treats transforms the entire experience into a fun activity for the whole family, making it an invaluable parenting hack!

preparing fun, healthy snacks and keeping energy levels stable certainly helps make parenting multiples smoother! Teaching your kids to prepare quick, nutritious treats transforms the entire experience into a fun activity for the whole family, making it an invaluable parenting hack!
That's right! Getting the kids involved in preparing their own healthy snacks is a great way to keep their energy levels stable and also a fun bonding activity for all! It's an easy, fun way to introduce little ones to nutrition and cooking.

That's right! Getting the kids involved in preparing their own healthy snacks is a great way to keep their energy levels stable and also a fun bonding activity for all! It's an easy, fun way to introduce little ones to nutrition and cooking.
Having the children prepare their own snacks sounds like a fabulous idea, especially as they get to learn about nutrition while spending quality time together.

Having the children prepare their own snacks sounds like a fabulous idea, especially as they get to learn about nutrition while spending quality time together.
Yes, getting kids involved in preparing food is a great way to expose them to different nutrients and also instill some independent skills! It's a win-win situation when they can prepare nutritious snacks themselves and bond as well.

What kind of snacks do you think are suitable for young kids to prepare, especially if we're talking about multiples like siblings or twins? Something simple yet tasty would be ideal so that they can manage the process mostly by themselves, with minimal supervision needed.

Some tasty and nutritious snacks that young kids could prepare themselves with minimal supervision include fruit skewers,抗 with a variety of fruits cut into bite-sized pieces. They can also make their own trail mix by combining nuts, dried fruits, and perhaps some dark chocolate chips or M&Ms for a fun twist.

Another fun and simple idea is homemade popcorn topped with different spices like cinnamon or a squeeze of ketchup for a sweet twist. Kids could also put together their own mini pizza parties by using English muffins as the base, adding tomato sauce, and topping them with their choice of vegetables and cheese. These ideas require minimal cooking and allow kids to personalize their snacks according to their preferences.

What fantastic ideas! Getting multiples involved in preparing snacks not only makes life easier for parents but also teaches them crucial life skills and encourages independence. Thanks so much for sharing these; can't wait to try them out!

What fantastic ideas! Getting multiples involved in preparing snacks not only makes life easier for parents but also teaches them crucial life skills and encourages independence. Thanks so much for sharing these; can't wait to try them out!
It's a win-win situation to get the little ones involved in preparing snacks! It's amazing how kids learn through simplicity like measuring ingredients or mixing batter while having fun. They'll be snacking pros in no time, and Mom gets some help too. Happy to share; hope you enjoy those special moments in the kitchen with your littles ones!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
That's a fun way to make parenting multiples a little easier and a great way to engage kids and keep them occupied while teaching them some cooking basics too! Love the idea of making it interactive and letting them measure ingredients - it's like sneaky learning 😉 So cute and functional!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu