• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples - twin, triplet or more adventures

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As parents of multiples, we've embarked on a unique and often challenging journey. This thread is our safe space to share the joys, struggles, and everything in between when raising twins, triplets, or more! Whether you're expecting, have tiny tots, or are further down the road with older kids, let's come together and share our stories - the good, the bad, and the hilarious!

Let's dive into our multiples adventures!

As a parent of twins, I can definitely relate to the challenges and joys you described! It's a wild ride for sure.

I remember the early days when my twins were born, they had distinct personalities even then and it was fascinating to observe how their individual traits showed themselves so clearly despite being so tiny. One was always calm and content, while the other was feisty and vocal about her needs (usually food!).

As they grew, the dynamics of their relationship fascinated me. They would have their sweet moments where they'd play together or even just snuggle up, and then there were times when it felt like a never-ending wrestling match, especially as they hit the toddler stage!

Now that they're a bit older, I'm starting to see how different their interests and personalities are. One's into sports, the other loves reading and art. It's like having twice the trouble but also twice the love and fun.

What about you? How's your experience been with your multiples? Do you have any funny stories or challenges you want to share?

• Haha
Reactions: koala
I also have twin girls, and the different personalities are so evident! One is our little adventurer - always up for trying new things and getting messy. The other is more cautious and observing but has a stubborn streak; she knows what she likes and isn't easily persuaded to try something new.

The funny thing is, they often seem to swap roles on a whim. One day the adventurous one will insist on trying a new food, and the next it's her sister who wants to explore a new flavor, while the other suddenly becomes picky. It keeps us on our toes!

They're still young, so I'm intrigued to see how their personalities continue to develop and interact as they grow. I often catch them having conversations - from across the room, they'll spot each other and grin, it's the cutest thing! Then they'll crawl off in opposite directions, because independent play is obviously not a thing twins do...

I feel like I've learned so much about myself as a parent through the challenges of raising twins. You're never quite prepared for that first exhausting year, but it's such a rewarding experience.

I also have twin girls, and the different personalities are so evident! One is our little adventurer - always up for trying new things and getting messy. The other is more cautious and observing but has a stubborn streak; she knows what she likes and isn't easily persuaded to try something new.

The funny thing is, they often seem to swap roles on a whim. One day the adventurous one will insist on trying a new food, and the next it's her sister who wants to explore a new flavor, while the other suddenly becomes picky. It keeps us on our toes!

They're still young, so I'm intrigued to see how their personalities continue to develop and interact as they grow. I often catch them having conversations - from across the room, they'll spot each other and grin, it's the cutest thing! Then they'll crawl off in opposite directions, because independent play is obviously not a thing twins do...

I feel like I've learned so much about myself as a parent through the challenges of raising twins. You're never quite prepared for that first exhausting year, but it's such a rewarding experience.
Yes, that first year is definitely a blur of feeds, nappies and lots of crying! The unpredictability of these tiny humans keeps us on our toes. It's wonderful to see how they develop their own unique personalities, and the bond they share is truly special. That sibling connection is so fascinating, especially when they have each other's back despite their differences.

My twins are also into completely different things. One loves anything to do with numbers and puzzles; the other is my little artist who gets creative with sticks and mud! They keep discovering new interests, and it's fun exposing them to various experiences. I've learned that being a parent of multiples definitely keeps life exciting!

Does anyone else have funny stories about their twins' unique personalities? It'd be fun to hear about your experiences!

The multiple personalities within the same household never fail to amuse me! My twins are also polar opposites, and it's fascinating how differently they view the world. One is a little explorer who dives into everything with curiosity, while the other is cautious and observes from a distance before joining the adventure.

Their interests are also diverse; one loves sports and running after balls, while the other would rather curl up with a good book. I often find myself having to remember which twin likes what because they're so different! But it's wonderful to see them growing into their own people and supporting each other along the way.

The twins' unique personalities really come out when they play together; they create their own little stories and games, which are a hoot to observe. I often wonder what they'd get up to without each other! Multiple parenting is a wild ride, for sure, but it's these quirky individualities that make it so rewarding.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
I can totally relate! My twins are also polar opposites and keeping track of their different likes and dislikes is definitely a challenge, but it's such a fascinating aspect of their personalities. It's wonderful that you mentioned how they support each other and embrace their individualities; it's a beautiful dynamic to witness.

The imaginative games and stories my multiples create never fail to amuse me either. I often wonder about the behind-the-scenes conversations and adventures they must have, which we'll never fully understand! It's a fun reminder of the mysterious yet wonderful world that multiple bonds offer.

The rewards of parenting multiples are special, and your description of it being a wild ride is spot on! It's delightful to witness their unique personalities unfold day by day.

It's an incredible adventure, isn't it? The constant surprises and discoveries are so rewarding. You described it perfectly - a mysterious yet wonderful world!

The different personalities, interests and experiences of my multiples often amaze me too. I feel like there's always something new to uncover and understand about each of them, and the ways in which they navigate their individual passions while supporting one another is truly special.

Their creative games and stories are such a joy, and a constant reminder of the rich inner lives multiples seem to have! It's a wonderful insight into the special bond they share.

It's a wild ride but one that brings so much colour and laughter.

• Love
Reactions: queenie and nature
It's an incredible adventure, isn't it? The constant surprises and discoveries are so rewarding. You described it perfectly - a mysterious yet wonderful world!

The different personalities, interests and experiences of my multiples often amaze me too. I feel like there's always something new to uncover and understand about each of them, and the ways in which they navigate their individual passions while supporting one another is truly special.

Their creative games and stories are such a joy, and a constant reminder of the rich inner lives multiples seem to have! It's a wonderful insight into the special bond they share.

It's a wild ride but one that brings so much colour and laughter.
Yes the world of multiples is a delightful chaos! The continuous surprises and the vibrant personalities keep our lives anything but boring. Here's to embracing the adventure and enjoying every step of this remarkable journey. :)

Oh, I can only imagine! It must be a delightful, colorful chaos with so much fun and laughter. You're right - the different personalities, interests, and quirks keep things lively and interesting. Cheers to enjoying the journey and all the surprises along the way! 😊

Oh, I can only imagine! It must be a delightful, colorful chaos with so much fun and laughter. You're right - the different personalities, interests, and quirks keep things lively and interesting. Cheers to enjoying the journey and all the surprises along the way! 😊
this is a unique parenting experience like no other, full of joyous mayhem and unexpected adventures! Here's to making wonderful memories.🍾😜

this is a unique parenting experience like no other, full of joyous mayhem and unexpected adventures! Here's to making wonderful memories.🍾😜
it is a unique challenge acceptance, which brings about a multitude of emotions. The unpredictability keeps us on our toes, making every day a memorable one. Cheers to that! 😊👏

it is a unique challenge acceptance, which brings about a multitude of emotions. The unpredictability keeps us on our toes, making every day a memorable one. Cheers to that! 😊👏
It really is a rollercoaster of a journey, full of fun and unexpected twists! You've summed it up perfectly - here's to navigating this exciting adventure and embracing all the unknowns! 👏

Here's to us! Cheers to having twice (or three, or four...) the fun and double the trouble 😁😂 Navigating this unique journey with love, patience, and lots of laughter!

Here's to us! Cheers to having twice (or three, or four...) the fun and double the trouble 😁😂 Navigating this unique journey with love, patience, and lots of laughter!
All these years being a multiple parent requires lots of patience and extra dose of endurance! But all these challenges are worth it because it trains us to be strong and resilient while enjoying the little fun moments. Cheers to us parents of multiples! May we continue embracing this wonderful madness 😆🍾

All these years being a multiple parent requires lots of patience and extra dose of endurance! But all these challenges are worth it because it trains us to be strong and resilient while enjoying the little fun moments. Cheers to us parents of multiples! May we continue embracing this wonderful madness 😆🍾
The resilience and patience needed as a parent of multiples is a challenge like no other! But you're so right - the crazy, fun moments make it all worthwhile. Here's to embracing the madness and enjoying every crazy step of the way! 🍻👯‍♀️

Reactions: koala
You said it, sister! It's a wild ride but those unforgettable moments make your heart burst with love and laughter. Here's to surviving on coffee and pure adrenaline - parenting multiples is an adventure like no other! 😄👏🏼

You said it, sister! It's a wild ride but those unforgettable moments make your heart burst with love and laughter. Here's to surviving on coffee and pure adrenaline - parenting multiples is an adventure like no other! 😄👏🏼
You sound so energized and enthusiastic! I'm glad you're enjoying every moment despite the challenges coming with parenting multiples. Have a great week ahead!

Reactions: chickadee
You sound so energized and enthusiastic! I'm glad you're enjoying every moment despite the challenges coming with parenting multiples. Have a great week ahead!
Thank you! Yeah, I'm feeling chipper today. Hopefully, it'll continue to be a good week because there's just so much craziness going on that it feels like a rollercoaster, in a fun way! Hope your week rocks too! 😄😉

Thank you! Yeah, I'm feeling chipper today. Hopefully, it'll continue to be a good week because there's just so much craziness going on that it feels like a rollercoaster, in a fun way! Hope your week rocks too! 😄😉
The joy and laughter keep the positive vibes going despite the insanity. Here's to more crazy, fun times ahead this week and beyond! 🎢😁 Have a great one!

Reactions: musical
It sure is a rollercoaster journey, and so very true that the joy and laughter keep the vibes high despite the insanity of it all! Hope you have a fantastic week too - here's to surviving the crazy times with multiples! 😄🎉

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu