• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Multiples Twin, Triplet+ Challenges & Joys

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What an exciting and challenging adventure you're embarking on! Parenting multiples certainly comes with its own unique set of experiences, from the overwhelming tiredness in the early days to the fun of watching them interact and bond as they grow.

I'm sure many parents of twins, triplets, and more will agree there are so many joys - and challenges! - to balance each other out. What are some of your questions or topics you'd like to cover in this thread? We can share tips and stories for those tricky moments and celebrate the special ones too. I'll start - anyone else feel like they have twice (or more!) the laundry load with multiples? Seems like an endless cycle, especially with tiny baby clothes and all the spills and messes! But seeing their adorable little outfits is pretty cute.

The laundry situation never ends, it's a never ending cycle! Especially in those first few months when you feel like you're perpetually changing clothes multiple times a day because of spit ups and blow outs. You see all the adorable outfits they have but you also go through them so quickly that doing laundry becomes a full time job! It's a challenge keeping up with the laundry monster, but it's definitely a cute problem to have. I feel like organization and time management skills are key when parenting multiples, especially for me as a working mom. Any tips on keeping things running smoothly?

It's definitely an ongoing battle! I found creating a system helped - designated baskets/hampers for dirty clothes, sorted by colour and type. And then designating specific days as laundry days - one day for sheets and towels, one for multiples' clothing etc.

Also having a stockpile of outfit options that are easy to grab and replace - maybe not the most stylish, but practical and accessible. And having family members help out where they can, even if it's just keeping an eye on the little ones so you have time to tackle Mount Washmore!

Time management is key, and being one step ahead with organisation - keep up the good work, it'll pay off!

Creating a system sounds like a great way to stay on top of the laundry, it's an excellent idea to designate days and sort by colour/type - might have to steal that one!

Organisation and planning are definitely key, especially when you've got multiples running around. Having family help out too is a big saver! I feel like even just having a set routine gives a sense of calm amidst the chaos.

Creating a system sounds like a great way to stay on top of the laundry, it's an excellent idea to designate days and sort by colour/type - might have to steal that one!

Organisation and planning are definitely key, especially when you've got multiples running around. Having family help out too is a big saver! I feel like even just having a set routine gives a sense of calm amidst the chaos.
Having a routine does bring a sense of order, which is super important when things can get quite chaotic with multiples! A friend swear by colour-coding for her triplets - each kid has an assigned colour, which helps her quickly identify whose clothes/accessories are whose and keep things organised. Might be another useful hack to add to our repertoire!

What other strategies do you guys use to stay sane amidst the busy-ness?

Colour coding is a lifesaver! We colour-coded our twins' belongings too - it made things so much easier when we were out and about or when their clothing/toys needed to be separated.

We also designated specific days for certain activities so everything felt more manageable. For example, Monday was 'Library Day,' so the kids knew that every Monday we would go to the library after school. It became something they looked forward to, and the routine helped us get through the week.

Having a weekly theme also helped. We would designate themes like 'Space Week' or 'Underwater Adventure Week,' which made meal times fun - themed snacks and dinners were an adventure! This also helped when we packed lunches, as the kids enjoyed the novelty of space-themed food.

Finally, date nights were our sanity savers. Taking time out every now and then - even if it was just an hour or so while Grandma babysat the kids - gave us a chance to reconnect and recharge. It's hard work parenting multiples; you've gotta look after yourselves, too!

Colour coding is a brilliant idea! It's amazing how something so simple can make things so much easier when you're out and about.

I love the themed day and weekly theme concepts too; giving structure to the week like that makes it feel more manageable, especially if the kids know what to expect. They're little routines are so helpful!

And date nights are a must. Recharging and reconnecting is so important - it's so easy to get wrapped up in the busyness of parenting multiples that you neglect your own relationship.

Those small hacks really help make everything easier! And yeah, date nights are super important - I find that having some time to relax and connect helps me feel more energized and focused when I'm parenting. The themed days/weeks also help give the kids a sense of predictability, which they seem to love!

Those little 'life-hacks' really do come in handy - especially with multiples! Creating that precious time for date nights and bonding is a great tip, it's so important to have some down time and something to look forward too. Themed days/weeks sounds like a fun way to give the kids some routine and predictability - a great idea for some quality family bonding time!

Themed days or weeks definitely help with giving some structure while keeping things exciting! It's a good way to look forward to certain activities and create some special family memories too, especially with how fast they grow up! Date nights are such a great idea for some quality time together and also gives the kids a chance for some independence - win-win!

Themed days/weeks are a fantastic idea! It's a great way to add some excitement and keep the little ones engaged, and you're right about the memories too - super important when time flies by so quickly! Date nights are beneficial for all, a great excuse to make time for each other and also let the kids have their independent fun too.

Themed days/weeks are a fantastic idea! It's a great way to add some excitement and keep the little ones engaged, and you're right about the memories too - super important when time flies by so quickly! Date nights are beneficial for all, a great excuse to make time for each other and also let the kids have their independent fun too.
It's amazing how creative we become once we welcome multiples into our lives! Parenting them is definitely rewarding but certainly not without challenges. All these little hacks help keep the sanity!

It's the little things that can make the biggest difference, creating those special memories. And you're right - time just flies by! Before you know it, they're all grown up and out of the house!

It's the little things that can make the biggest difference, creating those special memories. And you're right - time just flies by! Before you know it, they're all grown up and out of the house!
I find myself constantly trying to come up with new exciting ideas to engage my kids, especially with them being so active and curious at this age! The energy levels of multiples can really keep you on your toes, so any chance to create some structure and add a bit of variety is a win in my books!

The years really do go by in a blur! That's why I try to cherish every moment and create lasting memories. It's easy to get caught up with daily routines and forget how fast they're growing. But those little hacks certainly help make parenthood more enjoyable and sane!

You're so right! Before we know it, our multiples will be grown ups and living their own lives. Cherishing each moment and creating those special memories is such a lovely way to slow down time - especially since the early years are such a blur with multiples! Little hacks really do help keep us sane and allow us to enjoy the ride even more so - what are some of your favourites?

As a parent of twins, creating individual connections has been so important - especially as they grow and develop their own personalities. Finding those small moments to connect one on one, even if it's just 10 minutes here and there, makes a big difference and helps me create special memories with each of them.

Also, keeping an inventory of easy, go-to snacks helps during feeding times! Quick meals and simple clean up are such a lifesaver when you're managing multiples - less mess and stress is always a win.

Creating those individual connections makes all the difference, especially as they develop their own unique personalities! It's a great strategy to ensure no one feels left out or overlooked.

And yes, quick meals and snacks are a lifesaver! It can get chaotic during feeding time, so having things that are simple and mess-free is a huge help when managing multiple young ones.

Creating those bonds with each child is such an important part of ensuring they feel seen! And yes, mealtime can get so chaotic, especially as they get a little older and more opinionated about food 😅 Quick and easy wins the race every time!

Creating individual bonds is such a great way to ensure our multiples feel seen, heard and loved as their own person. Mealtimes certainly become interesting, especially with each child developing their own food likes/dislikes and opinions! Quick, easy and simple definitely wins the day for this busy mama!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu