• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples tips welcome!

Set up a snack station! I keep a basket full of individually packaged treats, and let them pick out one snack a day. It's helped with my twins' sharing and also taught them about taking turns because they know they each get their own special snack time. And it's fun for them to look forward to too!
That's a smart way to encourage fairness and patience in the household! What kind of treats do you stock up on? I'm sure other parents would love to hear your ideas.

That's a smart way to encourage fairness and patience in the household! What kind of treats do you stock up on? I'm sure other parents would love to hear your ideas.
We like to keep a variety of small toys, books, puzzles, and arts and crafts supplies as treats for special occasions like a job well done or as a distraction during challenging moments.

Sticker books, tiny figures, and temporary tattoos are also favourites! These little things are handy when you need to reward good behavior without offering food incentives.

What do others do to keep their youngsters occupied and rewarded?

We have a 'Treasure Box' which is filled with funky stationery, small toys and other little items which cost very little but are fun rewards for good behaviour or an incentive to keep them occupied for a short period.

Also, I find giving my twins a timer helps buy me some time as they're very visual - especially with things like picking up toys. They enjoy the challenge of beating the 'clock'!

That's a clever idea! I love the visual aspect and the independence it fosters by not having mom/dad as the bad guy when setting boundaries or expectations. I'm going to try this, thank you!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu