• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples - the unique experiences

有些游戏能够经久不衰,例如:讲故事、角色扮演和各种各样的板游。而这些通常都需要一些共同的道具或者玩具来让游戏更加有趣味性。我们家喜欢玩一种叫做“寻宝”的游戏,就只需要准备一个小篮子,然后大家一起出去寻找能装满篮子的东西!
哗,那听起来也很有趣呀!就是简单又能玩得久的那种啊~很适合家有多重宝宝的家庭来玩!这样就可以让孩子们自己娱乐一段时间了。

Some kids these days are so lucky, having creative parents who go the extra mile to make parenting fun! It certainly takes effort and creativity to come up with new and exciting games every time.
it's quite challenging to come up with new and interesting activities each time. But fortunately, there are many simple and timeless classics that can be relied on, such as story-telling and role-playing, which you've mentioned! These certainly spark imagination and creativity.

哗,那听起来也很有趣呀!就是简单又能玩得久的那种啊~很适合家有多重宝宝的家庭来玩!这样就可以让孩子们自己娱乐一段时间了。
That's the spirit! Keep the ideas flowing! It's encouraging to hear about these creative ways to keep multiples occupied and having fun! Any parent reading this would be glad to know these tips!

That's the spirit! Keep the ideas flowing! It's encouraging to hear about these creative ways to keep multiples occupied and having fun! Any parent reading this would be glad to know these tips!
Yeah, it's true. Parents might sometimes struggle to come up with new activity ideas, so it's helpful when others share their experiences. We can all benefit from these useful tips, offering tried and true methods to keep the little ones entertained!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
I totally agree - it's like having a secret weapon mom hack! I've found that preparing a "bucket list" of ideas for my twins has been a lifesaver on days when I'm running low on patience and energy (which is often, let's be real haha).

From arts and crafts to nature hunts and even a simple scavenger hunt around the house, having a list keeps me prepared in advance and saves me from the stress of coming up with something on the spot.

It also helps to keep the activities diverse - some indoor, some outdoor, sensory play, quiet time ideas etc. That way you have options based on what the day calls for or how the kids are feeling! And of course, it's always fun to add new ideas to the list as you hear about them!

That's a clever hack! I keep a stock of simple crafts and activities for those tired and uninspired days but I love how you've taken it up a notch with an actual list. Definitely stealing this idea - especially the part about mixing indoor, outdoor, sensory, and quiet activities. I feel like that really covers all the bases!

That's a clever hack! I keep a stock of simple crafts and activities for those tired and uninspired days but I love how you've taken it up a notch with an actual list. Definitely stealing this idea - especially the part about mixing indoor, outdoor, sensory, and quiet activities. I feel like that really covers all the bases!
Having a go-to list certainly takes the pressure off, especially on those demanding days! It's a great way to ensure the children don't get bored either, because variety is definitely the spice of life in this instance!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Having a go-to list certainly takes the pressure off, especially on those demanding days! It's a great way to ensure the children don't get bored either, because variety is definitely the spice of life in this instance!
There's only so much one can do as a parent to keep kids entertained, and it's good to have a plan up your sleeve! You never know when you might need it.

The list really comes in handy when you have a million other things running through your mind as a parent - it’s like having a reliable backup plan! And you're right; kids easily get bored these days, so it's helpful to have some surprises up your sleeve.

The list really comes in handy when you have a million other things running through your mind as a parent - it’s like having a reliable backup plan! And you're right; kids easily get bored these days, so it's helpful to have some surprises up your sleeve.
It's wonderful how sharing our experiences can help other parents navigate their journey too! It's quite an adventure, isn't it?

It surely is an adventure! I found out parenting multiples is such a unique and amazing experience mainly because you get to witness these tiny little persons develop their own personalities from such an early stage. And it's so fascinating how even in the womb, they have distinct traits! My twin toddlers are at such fun ages - 18 months each - where they're discovering new things everyday and keeping each other entertained. It's like having two playmates always around. But of course, double trouble means doublediaper duty too, which can get exhausting some days! What has been everyone else's most memorable multiple parenting experience so far?

It's fascinating to witness how multiples develop their own distinct personalities from such an early age, and you've described it perfectly as an adventure!

The most memorable experience for me was when my twins started interacting with each other properly. It was around 6 months, and they'd smile and giggle together, which was the most heartwarming sound. They'd also get frustrated with each other, these little personalities asserting themselves! It was like witnessing these tiny, yet profound moments of camaraderie and conflict, all in one go.

As they've grown older - they're 18 months now too - and started developing their own interests, it's fascinating to see how despite being so similar, their likes and dislikes can vary so widely. One loves books; the other is fascinated with balls. It's like having two very different children, but that just makes parenting multiples even more exciting!

The exhausting parts are certainly worth it when you get these adorable moments of sibling interaction!

What a wonderful adventure you're on! It's incredible to hear how much character and individuality your twins have displayed from such an early age - their unique interests and personalities are so evident, even in babyhood!

The description of their early interactions is just heartwarming - it's amazing to think of the bond they've developed so early on, a special camaraderie

It seems like parenting multiples is a constant, exciting adventure filled with these little milestones and discovering each child's unique passions and characters. The excitement of it all makes the tiredness worthwhile!

Thanks so much for your lovely reply! You've captured the beauty of parenting multiples so well - it's a wonderful, enriching experience to witness their individual personalities emerging, especially so early on, and to see how their special bond deepens day by day.

The little milestones and unique interests they display keep life exciting, and though tiring, it's a joy to navigate this adventure with them and foster their passions. It's heartwarming

I'm curious to hear your experiences too - do share some of your favourites! The quirkier, individual traits they display must be so amusing!

Thanks so much for your lovely reply! You've captured the beauty of parenting multiples so well - it's a wonderful, enriching experience to witness their individual personalities emerging, especially so early on, and to see how their special bond deepens day by day.

The little milestones and unique interests they display keep life exciting, and though tiring, it's a joy to navigate this adventure with them and foster their passions. It's heartwarming

I'm curious to hear your experiences too - do share some of your favourites! The quirkier, individual traits they display must be so amusing!
The quirkiness starts early on! My older one loves being outdoors but would get scared whenever she sees plants or grasses that are tall, reaching out to grab them as if they were monster hands. Her sister, on the other side, is a little foodie and would always want to eat the sandwich out of the picnic basket first thing when we're out.

They also have their unique ways when it comes to showing affection. One is very vocal and will shower you with many "I love yous," while the other is more shy but gives the sweetest, most gentle hugs.

These little characters really keep us on our toes and fill our hearts, don't they? It's a wonderful ride!

The quirkiness starts early on! My older one loves being outdoors but would get scared whenever she sees plants or grasses that are tall, reaching out to grab them as if they were monster hands. Her sister, on the other side, is a little foodie and would always want to eat the sandwich out of the picnic basket first thing when we're out.

They also have their unique ways when it comes to showing affection. One is very vocal and will shower you with many "I love yous," while the other is more shy but gives the sweetest, most gentle hugs.

These little characters really keep us on our toes and fill our hearts, don't they? It's a wonderful ride!
The sandwich incident sounds hilarious! And it's adorable how each has their own special way of expressing love. Those little habits really do make parenting multiples such fun - keeping track of all these quirky traits must be quite an entertaining challenge!

It's so true, every day is a new discovery and full of surprises too! You never know what funny incident will happen next. I love how each one has such distinct personalities too - it's like having twice (or more!) the fun getting to know them and their unique traits. Their little habits can be challenging to keep up with but it's so adorable, especially when they have different ways of showing affection.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
You're absolutely right - each new day brings a fun and exciting twist with multiples! Their individual personalities really do keep life interesting and it's wonderful watching them grow and discover their own quirks and traits. The unexpected surprises and challenges keep us on our toes, but those adorable moments make it all worthwhile! It's a unique and special experience for sure.

Reactions: musical
Each day is an adventure, filled with fun, surprises and lots of love! The individual personalities and their quirks keep the experience exciting. All the unexpected challenges make the adorable moments even more special and rewarding indeed!

So true! The challenges become the most hilarious and fond memories down the line - you're right, they make the special moments even more meaningful. It's fascinating how every parent of multiples has a unique experience despite the similarities, all thanks to those tiny personalities!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu