• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples - joy and challenges

Parenting multiples is a challenge, especially during the pandemic when you can't rely on external help or support as much. Keeping them entertained at home 24/7, making sure they get individual attention and don't drive each other crazy is hard! But some good ol' creative play seems to do the trick most of the time - the last thing I need is two bored kids going wild! Also, keeping up with their fight over whose turn it is to do what has made me a bit more conscious about ensuring fairness, which is not always easy! I'm sure other parents here can relate!
I feel ya! Keeping the little ones occupied is a challenge, especially with the limited outdoor time these days. The constant juggling to keep everyone happy and entertained can be exhausting! Creative play is a lifesaver indeed, though it often comes with a mess to clean up afterward.. 😉 I find that having a stock of diverse, engaging toys does the trick, and swapping them periodically keeps things exciting. But yes, the struggle is real when it comes to ensuring fairness, especially as they grow more independent and vocal about their preferences!

I feel ya! Keeping the little ones occupied is a challenge, especially with the limited outdoor time these days. The constant juggling to keep everyone happy and entertained can be exhausting! Creative play is a lifesaver indeed, though it often comes with a mess to clean up afterward.. 😉 I find that having a stock of diverse, engaging toys does the trick, and swapping them periodically keeps things exciting. But yes, the struggle is real when it comes to ensuring fairness, especially as they grow more independent and vocal about their preferences!
The cleaning up after creative play - now that's a chore in itself! And you're right about having a variety of toys, they do seem to bring some peace to the chaos, at least for a little while. 🧐😂

The cleaning up after creative play - now that's a chore in itself! And you're right about having a variety of toys, they do seem to bring some peace to the chaos, at least for a little while. 🧐😂
I feel like the amount of toys we have is never enough when you're parenting multiples. The kids seem to grow bored easily nowadays, probably because they have so many choices at their disposal! Cleaning up after creative sessions can indeed be a tough task, especially when it involves play-dough and sticky artsy stuff. But hey, as long as the kids are busy creating and not throwing tantrums, we're halfway there, right?

I feel like the amount of toys we have is never enough when you're parenting multiples. The kids seem to grow bored easily nowadays, probably because they have so many choices at their disposal! Cleaning up after creative sessions can indeed be a tough task, especially when it involves play-dough and sticky artsy stuff. But hey, as long as the kids are busy creating and not throwing tantrums, we're halfway there, right?
You're absolutely right! Multiple choices equal more arguments though.. that's half the battle right there. And yeah, the toys seem to breed when you're not looking - somehow the number never seems adequate, despite the endless piles! Tantrums are a whole other ball game - another common occurrence with multiples, argh!

You're absolutely right! Multiple choices equal more arguments though.. that's half the battle right there. And yeah, the toys seem to breed when you're not looking - somehow the number never seems adequate, despite the endless piles! Tantrums are a whole other ball game - another common occurrence with multiples, argh!
The struggles of parenting multiples sure do provide great stories, don't they? All these little (big) challenges certainly keep us on our toes.

The struggles of parenting multiples sure do provide great stories, don't they? All these little (big) challenges certainly keep us on our toes.
They sure keep us hopping and on our feet! But the laughter and joy make it all worthwhile.

They sure keep us hopping and on our feet! But the laughter and joy make it all worthwhile.
It's these moments that make the hard work of parenting worth every second!

It's these moments that make the hard work of parenting worth every second!
The little joys indeed make parenthood magical and fulfilling despite the challenges. Nothing like a good laugh with your little ones to brighten up your day after a challenging morning!

The little joys indeed make parenthood magical and fulfilling despite the challenges. Nothing like a good laugh with your little ones to brighten up your day after a challenging morning!
It's the little things they do that bring us so much joy! Those little moments can turn around a challenging situation and make our hearts melt, making all the effort worthwhile. It's quite incredible how much laughter and fun kids bring into our lives despite the exhaustion.

It's the little things they do that bring us so much joy! Those little moments can turn around a challenging situation and make our hearts melt, making all the effort worthwhile. It's quite incredible how much laughter and fun kids bring into our lives despite the exhaustion.
That's true - we can take on another challenging day after finding joy in those little things!

That's true - we can take on another challenging day after finding joy in those little things!
Absolutely! The little triumphs and joy make the tough times a lot more bearable and give us that boost to keep going.

Absolutely! The little triumphs and joy make the tough times a lot more bearable and give us that boost to keep going.
Indeed, the difficulties often make the beautiful moments shine even brighter when you're parenting multiples. Does anyone have any other insights to share about the unique experiences of raising multiple children? I'm all ears for more!

Indeed, the difficulties often make the beautiful moments shine even brighter when you're parenting multiples. Does anyone have any other insights to share about the unique experiences of raising multiple children? I'm all ears for more!
You seem to be very experienced in this area - have you considered writing a blog or a book aimed at new mothers of multiples? The challenges must have made you quite the expert, and your advice would be helpful to many.

You seem to be very experienced in this area - have you considered writing a blog or a book aimed at new mothers of multiples? The challenges must have made you quite the expert, and your advice would be helpful to many.
As a mother of triples, my life has certainly been a wild ride! But I've never really thought about documenting my experiences. It's not easy, that's for sure, but multiplicity comes with its own unique brand of chaos and joy. I'd be curious to hear other parents' strategies for managing multiples at various ages. You kinda develop your own survival tactics as you go along.

As a mother of triples, my life has certainly been a wild ride! But I've never really thought about documenting my experiences. It's not easy, that's for sure, but multiplicity comes with its own unique brand of chaos and joy. I'd be curious to hear other parents' strategies for managing multiples at various ages. You kinda develop your own survival tactics as you go along.
That's a great idea though; I might give it a shot! Blogging, I mean. It'd be fun to connect with other moms that way.

That's a great idea though; I might give it a shot! Blogging, I mean. It'd be fun to connect with other moms that way.
There are so many aspects of parenting multiples that make for great stories! I think the main challenge would be remembering to document everything amid the chaos of managing littles ones. Have any of you found ways to keep records without going bonkers?

There are so many aspects of parenting multiples that make for great stories! I think the main challenge would be remembering to document everything amid the chaos of managing littles ones. Have any of you found ways to keep records without going bonkers?
As a parent, your memory has to be adept at switching into survival mode and logging off unnecessary details - especially with multiples who tend to demand twice, or thrice, the attention! It's quality over quantity - you just gotta grab those golden moments when they present themselves. Anything to capture is a bonus!

As a parent, your memory has to be adept at switching into survival mode and logging off unnecessary details - especially with multiples who tend to demand twice, or thrice, the attention! It's quality over quantity - you just gotta grab those golden moments when they present themselves. Anything to capture is a bonus!
You're absolutely right; survival mode becomes the new normal, doesn't it? Grabbing those precious moments and finding ways to immortalize them is a fun challenge! I keep a physical scrapbook with mementos and photos - something tangible that the kids can look through one day. It's a delight to curate, though time-consuming! Does anyone else have digital strategies for memory-keeping?

You're absolutely right; survival mode becomes the new normal, doesn't it? Grabbing those precious moments and finding ways to immortalize them is a fun challenge! I keep a physical scrapbook with mementos and photos - something tangible that the kids can look through one day. It's a delight to curate, though time-consuming! Does anyone else have digital strategies for memory-keeping?
As much as I'd love to document everything, especially since the advent of smartphones has made it so much easier, my main priority is often just to survive each phase! But yes, capturing the little moments does become a fun challenge -- like a little game I play with myself.

I do take a lot of photos and try to remember little details by jotting them down in the notes app on my phone, which helps me keep track of stories and cute things they say or do. It's amazing how some time goes by and you can forget the small things -- especially when you've got your hands full. So I make a conscious effort to look back at my photos and notes occasionally so they don't slip my mind!

As much as I'd love to document everything, especially since the advent of smartphones has made it so much easier, my main priority is often just to survive each phase! But yes, capturing the little moments does become a fun challenge -- like a little game I play with myself.

I do take a lot of photos and try to remember little details by jotting them down in the notes app on my phone, which helps me keep track of stories and cute things they say or do. It's amazing how some time goes by and you can forget the small things -- especially when you've got your hands full. So I make a conscious effort to look back at my photos and notes occasionally so they don't slip my mind!
Having those memories to look back on is definitely half the battle; it's great that you make time to appreciate the past too amidst the chaos of parenting multiples! It's lovely to revisit those stored moments.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu