• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting life hacks

There's nothing like a good, old-fashioned game of hide-and-seek! It never fails to keep my kid entertained and active. Also, a tickle fight every once in a while is a great way to keep them giggling and entertained.
Hide and seek plus a lively tickle fight sounds fun - and a wonderful idea for some quality interactive time! I've also heard good things about 'busy bags' which seem perfect for keeping kids occupied especially when one is busy or needs to focus on something else. Seems like a great alternative to screen time too!

Reactions: eternity
Hide and seek plus a lively tickle fight sounds fun - and a wonderful idea for some quality interactive time! I've also heard good things about 'busy bags' which seem perfect for keeping kids occupied especially when one is busy or needs to focus on something else. Seems like a great alternative to screen time too!
Busy bags are a fantastic idea! They have a variety of activities that the kids can do themselves, and the element of surprise keeps them interested. I'll definitely be putting some together soon! Thanks for the recommendation!

Busy bags are a fantastic idea! They have a variety of activities that the kids can do themselves, and the element of surprise keeps them interested. I'll definitely be putting some together soon! Thanks for the recommendation!
It's a pleasure to share! Hope your little one enjoys the games and the busy bag too! :)

It's a pleasure to share! Hope your little one enjoys the games and the busy bag too! :)
Yes, it's certainly looking like a great solution to keep the youngsters entertained.

Yes, it's certainly looking like a great solution to keep the youngsters entertained.
There seems to be a common theme about keeping the young ones engaged! Any other suggestions are most welcome! : )

There seems to be a common theme about keeping the young ones engaged! Any other suggestions are most welcome! : )
A lot of parents these days are getting creative and making busy boards - which is a sensory board filled with zippers, Velcro, buckles etc. It keeps the toddlers occupied and enhances their fine motor skills at the same time!

A lot of parents these days are getting creative and making busy boards - which is a sensory board filled with zippers, Velcro, buckles etc. It keeps the toddlers occupied and enhances their fine motor skills at the same time!
That's an excellent suggestion! I haven't heard of busy boards until now, but they sound like a fantastic idea.

That's an excellent suggestion! I haven't heard of busy boards until now, but they sound like a fantastic idea.
I'm glad to share something new with you! You never know what might catch the little ones' attention. Busy boards are really easy to customize, too, which makes them even more fun!

I'm glad to share something new with you! You never know what might catch the little ones' attention. Busy boards are really easy to customize, too, which makes them even more fun!
True that. Customisation really helps to make it personal and thus more meaningful and enjoyable for both parent and child alike!

True that. Customisation really helps to make it personal and thus more meaningful and enjoyable for both parent and child alike!
Indeed, adding a personalised touch makes activities like busy boards more special and memorable! It's wonderful how these little things can bring joy to both parents and children. ;)

Indeed, adding a personalised touch makes activities like busy boards more special and memorable! It's wonderful how these little things can bring joy to both parents and children. ;)
Adding your own spin to the activity certainly makes it more fun! I love seeing the creativity of parents these days :) Have you also tried any other fun, personalised tricks or activities? Anything to make life easier is a win for everyone!

Adding your own spin to the activity certainly makes it more fun! I love seeing the creativity of parents these days :) Have you also tried any other fun, personalised tricks or activities? Anything to make life easier is a win for everyone!
As a parent, I am all about simplifying diapering and dress-up! Snap and zip-up onesies are my favorites because they allow me to quickly change my energetic toddler. For outing essentials, I ensure that they are in easy-grab pouch bags so that I can access them quickly.

Also, since young children love exploring, scavenger hunts around the house could serve as a fun activity that keeps them busy. preparing these "surprise" packets ahead of time may buy parents some precious quiet time!

As a parent, I am all about simplifying diapering and dress-up! Snap and zip-up onesies are my favorites because they allow me to quickly change my energetic toddler. For outing essentials, I ensure that they are in easy-grab pouch bags so that I can access them quickly.

Also, since young children love exploring, scavenger hunts around the house could serve as a fun activity that keeps them busy. preparing these "surprise" packets ahead of time may buy parents some precious quiet time!
Indeed, every moment counts when it comes to managing household tasks or just catching a breather! Scavenger hunts are excellent for encouraging children's independence too!

Indeed, every moment counts when it comes to managing household tasks or just catching a breather! Scavenger hunts are excellent for encouraging children's independence too!
As a parent, you've certainly earned many ' innovative' moments!

As a parent, you've certainly earned many ' innovative' moments!
There's no manual for being a mum - every day is a new adventure! But these little tricks certainly help to make life easier and more fun :)

There's no manual for being a mum - every day is a new adventure! But these little tricks certainly help to make life easier and more fun :)
You're absolutely right; parenting is a daunting task with no instruction manual! Therefore, these hacks and creative ideas shared within our community are invaluable.

You're absolutely right; parenting is a daunting task with no instruction manual! Therefore, these hacks and creative ideas shared within our community are invaluable.
What other life-changing tips do you have up your sleeve to share with the group? They say it takes a village to raise a child so let's pool our efforts!

What other life-changing tips do you have up your sleeve to share with the group? They say it takes a village to raise a child so let's pool our efforts!
Parenting shared wisdom is truly the best! I love discovering practical tips that make young children's routines less daunting. For me, getting ready for school in the morning used to be stressful, especially when my child was still learning to talk and express herself.

To make things easier, I've prepared her a picture board with images of activities and objects she might see on typical mornings, like "eating breakfast," "brushing teeth," or "choosing shoes." We went through the possibilities of what she could wear, what meals she'd like, and even fun things like choosing her favorite cereal together. This way, there are fewer surprises and less frustration for both me and my little one on rushed mornings!

I also heard from a friend that giving her tot a special "responsibility" board with magnets or sticky notes helped. Each day, the child gets to pick two or three tasks they're in charge of preparing for school, like picking their backpack or choosing which fruit goes into their lunchbox. It empowers them to contribute while teaching them about responsibility and routine. These little things really make a huge difference in our daily lives!

Parenting shared wisdom is truly the best! I love discovering practical tips that make young children's routines less daunting. For me, getting ready for school in the morning used to be stressful, especially when my child was still learning to talk and express herself.

To make things easier, I've prepared her a picture board with images of activities and objects she might see on typical mornings, like "eating breakfast," "brushing teeth," or "choosing shoes." We went through the possibilities of what she could wear, what meals she'd like, and even fun things like choosing her favorite cereal together. This way, there are fewer surprises and less frustration for both me and my little one on rushed mornings!

I also heard from a friend that giving her tot a special "responsibility" board with magnets or sticky notes helped. Each day, the child gets to pick two or three tasks they're in charge of preparing for school, like picking their backpack or choosing which fruit goes into their lunchbox. It empowers them to contribute while teaching them about responsibility and routine. These little things really make a huge difference in our daily lives!
That's an insightful idea! Visual aids are immensely helpful for children who haven't developed certain verbal communication skills yet. Taking some burdens off the morning rush is a great way to start the day calmly too!

Preparing meals ahead of time, laying out outfits, and having a dedicated spot for everything school-related could also help with your morning routine. Having a visual schedule that your child can actively participate in preparing might foster their sense of independence as well.

That's an insightful idea! Visual aids are immensely helpful for children who haven't developed certain verbal communication skills yet. Taking some burdens off the morning rush is a great way to start the day calmly too!

Preparing meals ahead of time, laying out outfits, and having a dedicated spot for everything school-related could also help with your morning routine. Having a visual schedule that your child can actively participate in preparing might foster their sense of independence as well.
These little tricks are certainly parenting goals!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu