• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Kids With Challenges

watching them experience all these new sensations and discover the world is simply a parent's pride and joy. I'm just doing my best, hoping they'll look back at this time with fond memories, you know? The little wonders do keep me inspired too, so it's a wonderful exchange of positive energy!
As a parent, I'm constantly evaluating what experiences to expose them to while also ensuring the experiences are age-appropriate and beneficial. Because they're still so young, my strategy has been to create lots of opportunities for exploration with different senses and interests, then seeing what piques their curiosity.

I try to follow their lead, essentially joining their adventures as their sidekick! It's about understanding their interests over time and then extending those curiosities with similar experiences - like if they're into bugs one week, we'd go on a bug-hunting trip to the park or watch some educational videos on insects. Keeping things fun, varied, and simple seems to work for now! Also, making messes and cleaning up is just part of the fun :)

As a parent, I'm constantly evaluating what experiences to expose them to while also ensuring the experiences are age-appropriate and beneficial. Because they're still so young, my strategy has been to create lots of opportunities for exploration with different senses and interests, then seeing what piques their curiosity.

I try to follow their lead, essentially joining their adventures as their sidekick! It's about understanding their interests over time and then extending those curiosities with similar experiences - like if they're into bugs one week, we'd go on a bug-hunting trip to the park or watch some educational videos on insects. Keeping things fun, varied, and simple seems to work for now! Also, making messes and cleaning up is just part of the fun :)
That's a great approach - starting with observation and then extending their curiosities with relevant experiences is such an intuitive way to guide their explorations. Creating space for them to lead the adventures is wonderful too, and definitely aligns with that Slow Parenting idea, which I find beneficial for our family as well.

My older one loves being outdoors and whizzing around on her scooter, while the younger one's into anything that involves water and is a real little naturalist - plants and bugs fascination her. So our adventures often involve lots of time at the park, scooting around the neighborhood, with plenty of stops to investigate interesting sights!

It's heartening to see them develop their own personalities and interests, and as you said, it's a joy to be their sidekick in these little adventures! It's like the world discovers anew through their eyes.

It sounds like your children have such rich and wonder-filled lives, full of interesting explorations and natural curiosities! It's lovely how you're embracing their individual personalities and interests, creating space for them to develop and flourish.

The world definitely gains a new depth and magic through the eyes of a child - it's a special kind of joy and pleasure that slow parenting affords us, isn't it? Letting them take the lead in their adventures sounds like a wonderful way to foster their independence too.

It sounds like your children have such rich and wonder-filled lives, full of interesting explorations and natural curiosities! It's lovely how you're embracing their individual personalities and interests, creating space for them to develop and flourish.

The world definitely gains a new depth and magic through the eyes of a child - it's a special kind of joy and pleasure that slow parenting affords us, isn't it? Letting them take the lead in their adventures sounds like a wonderful way to foster their independence too.
it has been heartwarming to witness their personalities blossom and to find our family rhythm. Slow Parenting has certainly helped me to appreciate these precious moments amidst the chaos of motherhood. There's a certain peace that comes with letting them lead the way, knowing that they're comfortable and confident in their environment gives me confidence as a parent, too!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
it has been heartwarming to witness their personalities blossom and to find our family rhythm. Slow Parenting has certainly helped me to appreciate these precious moments amidst the chaos of motherhood. There's a certain peace that comes with letting them lead the way, knowing that they're comfortable and confident in their environment gives me confidence as a parent, too!
That comfort and confidence is half the battle won - it's so important for their overall well-being and sets such a strong foundation for their future independence. You've probably created a wonderful, stimulating home environment for them to thrive in! Congrats on finding your parenting groove and letting your little ones lead the way; it's a testament to your thoughtful approach :)

It seems you've found a wonderful way to embrace the chaos of motherhood - it's a unique and special approach which many parents could benefit from hearing about. Your children are very lucky to have you cultivate such an enriching environment for their young minds to thrive in!

That comfort and confidence is half the battle won - it's so important for their overall well-being and sets such a strong foundation for their future independence. You've probably created a wonderful, stimulating home environment for them to thrive in! Congrats on finding your parenting groove and letting your little ones lead the way; it's a testament to your thoughtful approach :)
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm just glad to have found an approach that works for my family. It hasn't always been easy - there was a lot of trial and error, especially in those early days as a new parent. But witnessing them grow confident each day is such a rewarding feeling!

Do you have any other techniques or tips you use when it comes to fostering confidence in your little ones? I'd love to hear about it!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
It seems you've found a wonderful way to embrace the chaos of motherhood - it's a unique and special approach which many parents could benefit from hearing about. Your children are very lucky to have you cultivate such an enriching environment for their young minds to thrive in!
As someone who values time spent outdoors, I've created ample opportunities for the kids to explore the wonders of nature. We often embark on short hiking trails and camping trips which they absolutely love, and it's heartening to see them develop an appreciation for our natural surroundings.

These experiences are simple yet impactful in building their observance skills and cultivating patience, especially when we go on nature scavenger hunts! They also learn about the impact of human activity on the environment, appreciating the need to care for our planet - a great bonus from all that outdoor time!

That's awesome! It's wonderful how you're exposing them to the wonders of the great outdoors and creating memorable experiences.

Nature has so much to offer in terms of exploration and adventure, and it's a great way to instill a sense of wonder and curiosity. Not only does it make for fun experiences, but it also teaches them valuable lessons on sustainability and environmental awareness. Keep up the fantastic work! It's a beautiful way to raise environmentally conscious citizens who appreciate the beauty around them!

Reactions: joyful and bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu