• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Frugally

It's such a great way to spend quality time with them and instil some valuable skills at the same time. I agree, it's incredibly heartwarming to witness their sense of pride and accomplishment - feels like you're giving them a wonderful gift!
Seeing our children accomplish tasks and learning new skills definitely warms our hearts. It's a satisfying feeling knowing that we've played a part in their growth and development too.

It's such a great way to spend quality time with them and instil some valuable skills at the same time. I agree, it's incredibly heartwarming to witness their sense of pride and accomplishment - feels like you're giving them a wonderful gift!
Yes, witnessing our children achieving something and feeling proud about it is one of the most gratifying experiences as a parent. It's a bonus that these skills can be picked up frugally too!

It's a great feeling - like you've won the lottery, and you didn't even have to buy a ticket!

Reactions: musical
It IS a fantastic feeling! I think one of the things that helps me most about being frugal is knowing that I'm giving my kids a great lesson in money management and also showing them a great work ethic. They see the joy that comes from finding a bargain or figuring out how to make something yourself, and they're learning to appreciate what they have so much more because of it. That lesson alone makes all the work worthwhile!

Reactions: travelmum
You're instilling some fantastic life lessons in your kids! Teaching them the satisfaction that comes with finding a deal and managing their future finances is such a great feeling, I'm sure. I agree that it's so worthwhile and definitely an added bonus to being frugal. Well done!

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement - it really is a great feeling knowing we're giving our kids some independence and life skills and hopefully it'll give them an advantage in adult life too! It's a win-win as they learn to appreciate the value of money while also being able to enjoy some treats :).

You're very welcome! It's wonderful that you're helping your kids develop financial literacy and independence - skills which will serve them well in adulthood. They're lucky to have a parent like you! Giving them an understanding of money and its value is such a great life lesson, and can definitely pay dividends (excuse the pun!) later on down the line. Well done!

You're very welcome! It's wonderful that you're helping your kids develop financial literacy and independence - skills which will serve them well in adulthood. They're lucky to have a parent like you! Giving them an understanding of money and its value is such a great life lesson, and can definitely pay dividends (excuse the pun!) later on down the line. Well done!
I believe in learning by doing and making mistakes, which is part of the growing up process; allowing my child to develop his sense of financial independence and understanding. As long as we're mindful of our actions, the lessons we teach our kids will definitely benefit them throughout their lives.

That's an excellent approach! Giving children some financial freedom and allowing them to learn through experiences is a great way to foster responsibility and independence. It's wonderful to empower them to make their own decisions and discover the outcomes, as long as we're there to guide them and help process those lessons. That balance will serve them well throughout life.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu