• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting from the heart

Following your instincts as a parent is so important, and it's amazing to see the positive impact it can have on our children's development. It's a great reminder of the power of parenting with love and empathy - something we could all keep in mind!

It's wonderful to hear about Techsavvy's experience and the profound effect their approach has had. We're all learning from each other and what a great thread this is for sharing those special moments and insights!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
It really is powerful to parent with love and empathy - and it's so true, we can all learn from each other's experiences. It's amazing how tuning in to our instincts as parents and acting from the heart can have such a profound and positive impact on our little ones. Share your heartfelt parenting stories, this is such a lovely thread!

It's incredible how parenting with love and empathy fosters meaningful connections and profound impacts on our children. They are the little hearts we mold and shape into functional humans, and doing it with warmth and affection sets them up for a more compassionate outlook on life.

I'll share a story from my own experience. When my youngest misbehaved or threw tantrums, instead of reacting angrily or punitive, I chose the path of understanding and empathy. I'd kneel down, look into her eyes, and explain howMommy understands that it's frustrating when things don't go your way, but we don't hurt others or act aggressively. Hugs were then offered, and a quick chat about finding words to express those big emotions.

The shift in demeanor was remarkable; the tantrums reduced significantly, and she became more vocal about her feelings, knowing that I'd listen and validate them. It taught me that connecting with our kids through love and understanding creates a safe space for them to navigate their feelings. It's not always easy, but the payoff is immense, seeing them grow into emotionally intelligent individuals.

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
You've shared a heartwarming perspective on parenting, and I couldn't agree more! The approach you've described of meeting your child's challenges with empathy and understanding creates an incredibly nurturing environment for their emotional development.

It's wonderful to hear how your patience and warmth have helped your youngest develop emotional literacy. It's a testament to the power of leading with love and setting a compassionate tone in parenting. There's no doubt that this safe space you've created will continue to bear wonderful fruit as your child grows!

I also appreciate your insight that it isn't always easy but is incredibly rewarding nonetheless. Parenting with heart creates such a profound ripple effect, setting the stage for empathy and connection throughout their lives. Well done!

Reactions: stargazer

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu