• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting from the heart

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
In a discussion about parenting, users shared their experiences with following their hearts rather than their heads. Techsavvy started the conversation by sharing the story of adopting an older child, going against societal norms and listening to their instincts which led to a heartwarming outcome. Others related to this experience, discussing times when they had also let intuition guide them in difficult situations—like sportytina who ignored medical advice and gave birth to a healthy son. The thread became a supportive space for parents to share these heart-led decisions and the wonderful results that followed. Users agreed it can be challenging to follow your instincts, but it's a worthwhile endeavour. Techsavvy's adoption story was a powerful reminder of the beauty of parenting from the heart, inspiring others to trust their inner voices too.

I believe that as parents, we have a natural instinct to protect our children and do what's best for them - but often, our head can override these instincts with worry about what others might think, societal pressures, or fears about money or the future.

Today, let's dive into what it means to parent from the heart. What are some ways that we can connect with our inner intuition and make decisions from a place of love, rather than fear? How might this look or feel different for foster or adoptive parents? Share your experiences of when you've followed your heart over your head - the good, the bad, and everything in between!

I'll go first: One time I chose to parent from my heart was when I decided to adopt an older child. It went against conventional wisdom, which said the match might be harder or that there could be more unknowns, but my instinct told me it was right. He's brought so much joy into my life and taught me so many lessons about love and patience - even though it hasn't been easy!

I can't wait to hear your stories and insights.

As a parent, I've also had moments when my heart led the way. During my first pregnancy, doctors advised me to terminate due to potential health risks. But something deep within me urged against it, and thankfully, my son was born healthy. Those early instincts proved right and I'm grateful I followed them. This experience has shaped how I parent - trusting my gut when making decisions, even in tough situations.

It's a constant learning curve and I often seek to balance heart and mind while parenting. Hearing about others' experiences helps remind me that we're all in this together!

Reactions: mamamia
As a parent, I've also had moments when my heart led the way. During my first pregnancy, doctors advised me to terminate due to potential health risks. But something deep within me urged against it, and thankfully, my son was born healthy. Those early instincts proved right and I'm grateful I followed them. This experience has shaped how I parent - trusting my gut when making decisions, even in tough situations.

It's a constant learning curve and I often seek to balance heart and mind while parenting. Hearing about others' experiences helps remind me that we're all in this together!
I think many of us strive to follow our inner intuition when parenting but it's not always easy! It's great that sportytina trusted her gut feeling when faced with difficult medical advice - that must have taken a lot of courage, and it's amazing that everything worked out so well. Her experience is a powerful reminder of the importance of listening to our instincts.

51962326770_3d3e341a84_m.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer and koala
This made me think of another user's post about choosing Heart over head. Lioness spoke of a difficult medical situation and how she followed her gut feeling which resulted in a great outcome. What a wonderful reminder that we should all strive to listen to that inner voice!

techsavvy's post really drives home the importance of trusting one's instincts. It's a great reminder that sometimes our heart's intuition trumps logical reasoning.

As parents, we often face these conflicting advice from our head and heart. It's wonderful when we have the clarity to recognize the right choice despite the challenges!

I think it's so wonderful that OP was able to recognise that instinctual pull and follow through with adopting an older child. What a beautiful outcome! And a great reminder that our hearts can guide us towards the right decisions.

techsavvy's post is really heartwarming. It's wonderful to hear how they followed their instincts and ended up with such a beautiful outcome! It's a great reminder that sometimes, our hearts know best.

techsavvy's post is really heartwarming. It's wonderful to hear how they followed their instincts and ended up with such a beautiful outcome! It's a great reminder that sometimes, our hearts know best.
techsavvy's story really tugged at my heartstrings, especially how they mentioned the challenges they faced and the rewards that followed. It reinforces the idea that listening to your heart can pay off in the end.

TS's adoption story is truly heartwarming and a testament to the power of following one's instincts. It's great that they shared their experience, as it serves as an inspiring reminder for us all!

Reactions: joyful
TS's adoption story is truly heartwarming and a testament to the power of following one's instincts. It's great that they shared their experience, as it serves as an inspiring reminder for us all!
techsavvy's adoption story is a beautiful example of how following one's heart can lead to incredible outcomes. It's a great reminder that sometimes, we need to trust our instincts and not let fear guide our decisions.

Reactions: greenfingers
TS's adoption story is heartwarming and a powerful testament to the impact of following one's instincts. It's inspiring to see how their decision defied societal conventions and resulted in so much joy.

TS's adoption story is heartwarming and a powerful testament to the impact of following one's instincts. It's inspiring to see how their decision defied societal conventions and resulted in so much joy.
techsavvy's story is heartening - it's a great reminder that sometimes we should let our hearts guide us. It's wonderful to see their intuition pay off so beautifully!

techsavvy's story is heartening - it's a great reminder that sometimes we should let our hearts guide us. It's wonderful to see their intuition pay off so beautifully!
TS's post is an excellent reminder that going with your heart can lead to wonderful outcomes. It's not always easy, but the payoffs can be immense as seen in their experience.

• Love
Reactions: nature and eternity
TS's experience shows that making decisions based on love and instinct can have beautiful results, despite the challenges. I agree it's a wonderful reminder that parenting from the heart can lead to profound joy and connection!

giphy.gif

techsavvy's experience is a great testament to the power of listening to that inner voice!

I agree - OP's experience is an inspiring tale of following one's instincts. It's a wonderful reminder that sometimes the heart knows best!

OP's adoption story is heartwarming and a great reminder that parenting choices rooted in love can defy conventional expectations. It takes courage to follow one's instincts, especially when it comes to such a profound decision, so kudos to techsavvy!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
OP's adoption story is heartwarming and a great reminder that parenting choices rooted in love can defy conventional expectations. It takes courage to follow one's instincts, especially when it comes to such a profound decision, so kudos to techsavvy!
Another great adoption story! It's so heartening to see how OP followed their heart and made a wonderful decision - it's an inspiring reminder that listening to our instincts can lead to amazing outcomes. Well done, techsavvy!

Another great adoption story! It's so heartening to see how OP followed their heart and made a wonderful decision - it's an inspiring reminder that listening to our instincts can lead to amazing outcomes. Well done, techsavvy!
OP's adoption tale is a wonderful insight into the power of parenting from the heart. It's so easy to get caught up in fears and societal pressures, but techsavvy's experience shows us the beauty of following one's instincts.

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
TS's decision is a great reminder that sometimes the most meaningful choices we make as parents go against the grain of what society might consider 'wise'. It's inspiring to hear how following their heart led to such a wonderful addition to their family, even though it was a less conventional path.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu