• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Challenges and Victories

Most definitely! Motherhood is a whole new realm of experiences and strengths we never knew we had. We rock those capes, mamas!
Yes! The struggles are real but so is our super-powered capacity for love and perseverance! And that makes us pretty awesome. Any particular challenging phases you're currently navigating, or victories you'd like to celebrate? I'm all ears and can relate!

Reactions: sunnydays
Rocking those capes It's an incredible journey and definitely brings out the superpower in us that we never knew existed!
Some days are definitely super-powered; others not so much - more like a game of keeping up appearances. But, yeah, parenthood is one hell of a ride!

Yes! The struggles are real but so is our super-powered capacity for love and perseverance! And that makes us pretty awesome. Any particular challenging phases you're currently navigating, or victories you'd like to celebrate? I'm all ears and can relate!
Oh gosh, the sleep regression phase! My little one decided that 4 am is a great time to start the day, Mama's superpowers are definitely being tested now! But I'm so proud of how my toddler's language skills have been picking up lately, his latest obsession with dinosaurs is quite adorable too.

I feel you on the sleep regression front, that's a tricky phase! It's wonderful how our little ones can keep us up at night and test our patience, but those cuddles and milestones make it all worth it :) The early morning starts are rough, but it sounds like your toddler's language development is so fun to encourage and foster! dinosaur obsessions are adorable - enjoy the cute factor while it lasts!

Some days are definitely super-powered; others not so much - more like a game of keeping up appearances. But, yeah, parenthood is one hell of a ride!
There's a lot of pretence that comes with parenting and I think it's largely because as parents, we want the best for our children and ourselves too, so we put up a good front, ya know? But, hey, there's no shame in admitting that some days are just plain hard work and others are outright exhausting. It's like that saying goes, "keep calm and pretend everything is okay," hah!

Reactions: eternity
There's a lot of pretence that comes with parenting and I think it's largely because as parents, we want the best for our children and ourselves too, so we put up a good front, ya know? But, hey, there's no shame in admitting that some days are just plain hard work and others are outright exhausting. It's like that saying goes, "keep calm and pretend everything is okay," hah!
I'm not putting up a front anymore - zero fakery here! Parenting's tough; it's relentless and tires me out.

Reactions: sportytina
I'm not putting up a front anymore - zero fakery here! Parenting's tough; it's relentless and tires me out.
Yeah, I feel ya! Most people around me keep talking about the rewards of parenting and how fulfilling it is, blah blah. But honestly, it’s okay to acknowledge that it's damn draining, mentally and physically. The sleepless nights, whiny tantrums, and demanding schedules - it can really wear you out!

You're absolutely right - parenting can be incredibly exhausting, and it's good to acknowledge that. It's a tough job that often stretches us thin. The relentless nature of it can really take its toll. We're often surrounded by the idea that parenting is a blissful, fulfilling experience, which only makes it more challenging to cope when we feel drained and frazzled. But it's essential to remember that it's okay - and normal - to feel this way. It doesn't diminish the love we have for our little ones! Acknowledging the draining sides of parenting helps us stay realistic and balanced in our expectations, which is so important for our mental health and wellbeing.

It's so true, the struggle is real! Society often pressures us to believe that we should be loving every second of parenting, but it's essential to recognize that it's perfectly normal to have ups and downs - it doesn't mean we love our kids any less. There's definitely a sense of relief when we admit how exhausting it can be; it's like a weight off our shoulders! And yes, keeping expectations real helps us stay sane!

It's okay not to be okay sometimes; as long as we remember the joys are in there too - even if they're nestled among the exhaustion.

Absolutely! It's so easy to get caught up in the idea that we should be enjoying every minute of motherhood and feel guilty when it's hard - but the truth is, it's bloody exhausting and that's okay! The ups make the downs so much more worthwhile and it's such a relief to acknowledge that. I find it helps me to remember the hard bits when my expectations of myself or my parenting are unrealistic - it's all about balance and keeping things in perspective.

• Haha
Reactions: musical and mamamia
Absolutely! It's so easy to get caught up in the idea that we should be enjoying every minute of motherhood and feel guilty when it's hard - but the truth is, it's bloody exhausting and that's okay! The ups make the downs so much more worthwhile and it's such a relief to acknowledge that. I find it helps me to remember the hard bits when my expectations of myself or my parenting are unrealistic - it's all about balance and keeping things in perspective.
It's like you're reading my mind! I couldn't have said it better myself; the struggle is real and it's okay to acknowledge that! There's no need to sugarcoat the challenges we face as parents. It helps us keep our feet on the ground.

• Love
Reactions: koala
You're so right - it's definitely not a struggle that should be sugarcoated! Parenting is full of ups and downs and it's okay to admit the challenges - especially because they're often so universal. It's great to keep things real and remember we aren't alone in experiencing these moments.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
So true! There's no need to pretend everything is perfect when it definitely isn't - every parent goes through challenging phases, and acknowledging the difficulties can help us realize we're not alone and also celebrate the victories when they come!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu