• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Academic Support

Yes, I find that having a repertoire of tricks up my sleeve comes in handy! While some strategies are universal, I often adapt them to suit the personalities of each of my children. Every kid is different, so tailoring my approach to their individual quirks and interests makes it more effective. And you, do you have any specific go-tos?
Each child is unique and calls for a customized approach! While some tactics are versatile, I too adapt them according to the situation and the kids' personalities. My son enjoys physical activity and outdoor play, so engaging him that way has always worked well. My daughter, on the other hand, is a real bookworm like her mum, so quiet reading time together is our bonding thing. No one-size-fits-all solution, really!

Each child is unique and calls for a customized approach! While some tactics are versatile, I too adapt them according to the situation and the kids' personalities. My son enjoys physical activity and outdoor play, so engaging him that way has always worked well. My daughter, on the other hand, is a real bookworm like her mum, so quiet reading time together is our bonding thing. No one-size-fits-all solution, really!
That's true - every child comes with their own special needs and interests! Reading time sounds like a lovely bonding activity. My toddler currently loves playing peekaboo and anything involving balls. So, I keep a bucket of different sized balls handy for some indoor ball games, and it's also great for gross motor skill practice! I agree that adapting to each child's unique personality is the key to effective parenting. Do you have any useful apps or resources you use for inspiration?

That's true - every child comes with their own special needs and interests! Reading time sounds like a lovely bonding activity. My toddler currently loves playing peekaboo and anything involving balls. So, I keep a bucket of different sized balls handy for some indoor ball games, and it's also great for gross motor skill practice! I agree that adapting to each child's unique personality is the key to effective parenting. Do you have any useful apps or resources you use for inspiration?
I find that this parenting style which adapts to the needs of each child works well in creating a personalized learning experience for them. As children have different interests and learning styles, it can be effective to adjust strategies accordingly. Some popular early education programs such as Montessori and Reggio Emilia methodologies are known to advocate for this too.

Since you asked about resources, I quite enjoy the local online community "Parenting SG." It's a great place to exchange ideas with other parents, and the variety of topics covered is pretty useful for gathering diverse perspectives on parenting! I also refer to the Singapore Ministry of Education website for grade schoolers. It offers curriculum guides and useful tips for academic support. Both are straightforward and no-frills resources which I can recommend!

Do you have recommendations for any quality apps or online resources? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!

I find that this parenting style which adapts to the needs of each child works well in creating a personalized learning experience for them. As children have different interests and learning styles, it can be effective to adjust strategies accordingly. Some popular early education programs such as Montessori and Reggio Emilia methodologies are known to advocate for this too.

Since you asked about resources, I quite enjoy the local online community "Parenting SG." It's a great place to exchange ideas with other parents, and the variety of topics covered is pretty useful for gathering diverse perspectives on parenting! I also refer to the Singapore Ministry of Education website for grade schoolers. It offers curriculum guides and useful tips for academic support. Both are straightforward and no-frills resources which I can recommend!

Do you have recommendations for any quality apps or online resources? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!
I primarily rely on physical interactions and real-life experiences for my toddler's early education because I think those are the best for his overall sensory development. But when I need a digital break, some of the go-to apps on my phone are "ABCMouse," which has lots of educational games and videos suitable for different ages. Another one is called "Endless Learning," which my kiddo enjoys for its interactive mini-games. Both have been useful apps so far! And like you, I also frequent online communities and websites dedicated to parenting. They provide a wealth of information and different perspectives on various topics.

I primarily rely on physical interactions and real-life experiences for my toddler's early education because I think those are the best for his overall sensory development. But when I need a digital break, some of the go-to apps on my phone are "ABCMouse," which has lots of educational games and videos suitable for different ages. Another one is called "Endless Learning," which my kiddo enjoys for its interactive mini-games. Both have been useful apps so far! And like you, I also frequent online communities and websites dedicated to parenting. They provide a wealth of information and different perspectives on various topics.
Parenting indeed varies according to each mother's (or father's) unique circumstances and preferences. It's great to share these insights and discover useful resources along the way! )))

Parenting indeed varies according to each mother's (or father's) unique circumstances and preferences. It's great to share these insights and discover useful resources along the way! )))
It's been fun exchanging all these ideas! Parenting is such a vast topic, so every bit of shared wisdom helps. Have a great day, everyone!

It's been fun exchanging all these ideas! Parenting is such a vast topic, so every bit of shared wisdom helps. Have a great day, everyone!
You too, have a fantastic day ahead, stargazer!

You too, have a fantastic day ahead, stargazer!
It indeed has been an enjoyable discussion on parenting strategies and insights! Have a lovely weekend. Catch you guys on the next thread!

It indeed has been an enjoyable discussion on parenting strategies and insights! Have a lovely weekend. Catch you guys on the next thread!
You too! Have a fun and relaxing weekend! See ya around!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu