• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nutrition for Littles

Cute! I might try this with my little one! We love creating fun meals with hidden nutrition. It's a great way to expose them to different textures and flavors, especially if they're usually picky about their food.
That's a great idea to engage your little one by letting him/her participate in preparing these fun and nutritious meals! hide the nutritious stuff like blended veggies in their favorite food, a sneaky but delicious way to ensure they still get the nutrients they need!

What are some of the clever recipes or ingredient substitutions you've used to make healthy eating fun for your child?

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
One creative way I've found is to use vegetable puree as a sneaky add-in to sweeten up savoury meals! My kiddo loves sweet foods, so I'll often add a bit of pureed carrot or squash into dishes like mac and cheese or even fried rice. The added sweetness from the veggies makes the meal more appealing, plus it gives the dish a fun colour twist too.

I also like making 'hidden' treats like chocolate avocado pudding, which is a hit in our house - mashed bananas or avocado give a nice creamy texture to desserts while providing some nutritious fats. Then there's the classic trick of adding pureed spinach into smoothies; with some frozen fruit, you can't taste the spinach at all! My little one also loves helping me roll out sushi, so we'll often make vegetable rolls with lots of colourful peppers and cucumber. It's a fun, interactive meal that doesn't feel like a chore to eat healthily.

What other fun recipes do you use to trick your littles into eating nutritious foods?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu