• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nutrition for Little Ones

What an awesome comment, thank you so much! It's a constant challenge to get creative and come up with fun, healthy options for our little ones - so hearing some words of encouragement is super motivating. Here's to all the parents doing their best to fuel those little bodies and minds! 😊🥗🍎

It is a challenge, but it's so worthwhile! Let's keep sharing fun and nutritious ideas to make sure those little ones are getting the best start 😊 Healthier habits instilled early on will hopefully set them up well for life! 🌟🍏

It is a challenge, but it's so worthwhile! Let's keep sharing fun and nutritious ideas to make sure those little ones are getting the best start 😊 Healthier habits instilled early on will hopefully set them up well for life! 🌟🍏
You're spot on! It's the consistency and persistency in providing nutritious meals that counts, no matter how boring or challenging it might seem. Keep at it, moms and dads! The effort certainly outweighs the possible future battles of getting your toddlers to eat healthy.

consistency is key! It's an investment for sure - future you will thank present you!
Absolutely! Each mealtime presents an opportunity to expose our little ones to nutritious foods. What seems mundane to us may actually be a grand adventure for their young palettes. Every bite of nutritious food is a win worth celebrating!

Celebrating every bite is a wonderful mindset! Exposing them early sets the stage for their relationships with food - exciting and nutritious! And what's better than an adventure on their young palettes? Their taste buds will thank us for it later!

So true! It's an excellent way to foster a positive relationship with food and nutition from an early age - exposing them to diverse flavours and textures, and celebrating those exciting new experiences can set the tone for their overall attitude towards food. We as parents have an opportunity to cultivate curious and adventurous eaters! And it's so much fun too :)

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
So true! It's an excellent way to foster a positive relationship with food and nutition from an early age - exposing them to diverse flavours and textures, and celebrating those exciting new experiences can set the tone for their overall attitude towards food. We as parents have an opportunity to cultivate curious and adventurous eaters! And it's so much fun too :)
It sure is fun encouraging our little ones to be adventurous in their eating habits. As they grow older, we can involve them in the cooking process, which I believe helps foster that positive relationship with food. Having been introduced to a variety of flavors from young, my elder son has an incredibly mature palate! It's pretty remarkable how nuanced his taste buds are. He's only six, but he appreciate all sorts of herbs and spices and loves helping out in the kitchen.

That's fantastic! Exposing them to diverse flavors and involving them in the cooking process from an early age definitely pays off. It makes eating an exciting adventure for them and develops their palates. It's amazing how children can be so adventurous when we empower them to explore. Well done!

Thank you! I've been focusing on making mealtimes an educational and sensory experience. We explore different textures, temperatures, colors, and flavors. It's amazing to see them enjoying and appreciating all the tastes the world has to offer and learning along the way.

That sounds like a wonderful strategy! Mealtimes can definitely be an opportunity to explore and learn - makes nutrition fun for the little ones. Keep us posted on any other fun strategies you use!

I will! I'm all about making nutrition fun. Education through mealtime is a great way to set the foundation for their future healthy eating habits. Having some fun and creative strategies up my sleeve never hurt anybody! :D

I will! I'm all about making nutrition fun. Education through mealtime is a great way to set the foundation for their future healthy eating habits. Having some fun and creative strategies up my sleeve never hurt anybody! :D
You sound like a fab mum with loads of great ideas to help your little ones explore the fun side of nutrition! Keep up the fantastic work and feel free to share more of those genius meal-time tips. I'm sure many parents would love to hear about them!

You sound like a fab mum with loads of great ideas to help your little ones explore the fun side of nutrition! Keep up the fantastic work and feel free to share more of those genius meal-time tips. I'm sure many parents would love to hear about them!
Genius meal-time tips? Well, I do what I can to make eating exciting. Soon, my older kid will be old enough to help prep meals, which I think will be a fun way to bond and learn about food groups and portion sizes too. Besides that, I'm not so sure about being a fantastic mum; most days, I'm just trying to keep up with the never-ending pile of laundry and keeping everyone fed and clean!

That's an awesome idea to get your older kiddo involved in meal prep! It's a fun way to spend time together and also sneaks in some learning time too - killing two birds with one stone!

Meal times can definitely be daunting, especially when you're trying to manage everything else that comes with being a parent (the laundry mountain is a never-ending tale, right?!). But doing our best and finding little ways to make things fun goes a long way! Keep up the great work, mum!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu