• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nutrition for little ones

Agree 100%! Making healthy eating fun for kids is such a great strategy, and plate presentation certainly plays a huge role in capturing their attention. We should definitely embrace the opportunity to help them explore new flavors, textures, and colors and develop a positive relationship with food. It's an exciting adventure!

Making food fun is the key to capturing their attention and curiosity. A colorful plate with a variety of flavors and textures can really excite their taste buds and sense of adventure. It's an excellent way to introduce them to a world of nutritious and delicious foods!
Meals prepared in a rainbow spectrum certainly make healthy eating more enchanting. Incorporating various colors onto their plates exposes them to different nutrients as well. Red peppers, for instance, are packed with vitamin C! Do you have other fun and colorful meal ideas that are nutritious and easy to prepare?

Meals prepared in a rainbow spectrum certainly make healthy eating more enchanting. Incorporating various colors onto their plates exposes them to different nutrients as well. Red peppers, for instance, are packed with vitamin C! Do you have other fun and colorful meal ideas that are nutritious and easy to prepare?
Yes, I like to add a colourful twist by including loads of raw rainbow fruits and veggies, like threading cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices and tiny mooncakes on skewers or using cookie cutters to make shape sandwiches. It's also quick and easy to blend up a colorful smoothie with frozen berries, bananas and chia seeds!

Colorful bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and fresh fruit skewers are a hit among the little ones. For an added boost of vitamins, I slice up some kale into their favorite mini-muffins or toss them into smoothie blends for a pinch of greenery.

• Love
Reactions: joyful and queenie
Yes, I like to add a colourful twist by including loads of raw rainbow fruits and veggies, like threading cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices and tiny mooncakes on skewers or using cookie cutters to make shape sandwiches. It's also quick and easy to blend up a colorful smoothie with frozen berries, bananas and chia seeds!
That is a brilliant idea to get the little ones to consume a wide variety of fruits and veggies! Using cookie cutters to make shape sandwiches sounds so adorable too.

Perhaps also consider serving meals in fun containers or with quirky utensils to make meal times feel more exciting. But sometimes, simple presentations like making colorful fruit and veggie kabobs or alternating layers of fruit cubes in a glass could also make an appealing and healthy snack!

Kabobs are a fantastic idea to make food fun! And I love the visual appeal of layering fruits in a glass - a real feast for the eyes. Fun containers and quirky utensils definitely elevate the meal experience too; it's amazing how something so simple can make such a difference. It's exciting to explore these creative ways to help our little ones enjoy their meals.

Kabobs are a fantastic idea to make food fun! And I love the visual appeal of layering fruits in a glass - a real feast for the eyes. Fun containers and quirky utensils definitely elevate the meal experience too; it's amazing how something so simple can make such a difference. It's exciting to explore these creative ways to help our little ones enjoy their meals.
Kabobs are a sure way to capture their attention, especially when grilled with an adult supervising! The sizzling sound might spark interest too!

Simple yet effective! The options are endless once we open up to these creative strategies. Have you tried bento boxes, or adding funny faces on their food using fruits and veggies?

Simple yet effective! The options are endless once we open up to these creative strategies. Have you tried bento boxes, or adding funny faces on their food using fruits and veggies?
I have Bento boxes are so much fun, especially with all the cute animal-themed picks and compartmentalization. It makes eating an adventurous activity for their imaginations.

Carving facial features out of produce like cucumbers or using olives is also a delightful way to bring some life and personality to their meals. It's remarkable how these tiny details can make food so much more captivating!

So true! Making meal times fun and engaging is such a great way to introduce healthy eating habits too. I remember my mom sometimes struggling to get me to eat veggies, but after she started serving them with some funny faces they instantly became more appealing 😁 Remembering those days makes me smile, it's incredible how creative and crafty one can get with food!

So true! Making meal times fun and engaging is such a great way to introduce healthy eating habits too. I remember my mom sometimes struggling to get me to eat veggies, but after she started serving them with some funny faces they instantly became more appealing 😁 Remembering those days makes me smile, it's incredible how creative and crafty one can get with food!
It's wonderful to have these memories of our parents trying their best to feed us healthy food in the most creative ways! A touch of imagination and creativity goes a long way, not just in making meals fun but also in establishing healthy eating habits that can stay with us forever.

Reactions: happyfeet
Awww, that's such a lovely memory and so adorable of your mum! It's fascinating how a little creativity goes a long way in making vegetables more palatable haha.

My mom also used to make funny faces with food on my plate - it was so exciting to see what she'd come up with! She'd use different coloured foods and sauces to make them even more fun. Certainly made eating more enjoyable, especially when you're a fussy eater!

Reactions: luciana
What a fantastic idea! Mealtimes can certainly be challenging with little ones, so making them fun and engaging is a great way to encourage children to eat healthily. It's wonderful how your mom made eating an adventure for you!

Making meals into a visual delight not only attracts kids but also encourages them to explore different foods and flavours. It's a creative way to expose them to various colours, textures and tastes - a fun way to learn about nutrition!

What other fun foodie memories or ideas do people have to share? It's great to hear these creative ways to inspire little eaters!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu