• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nurturing Slumber

Better sleep starts with winding down before you hit the sack. A hot shower, some light stretching, and a few pages of an actual physical book help signal to your body that bedtime is near.

Dim the lights, and lower the screens' brightness. Avoid intense conversations or any strong emotions before bed. Keep the room cool and snug, with a fan humming softly in the background. That's the most effective white noise machine ever.

If you're stressed about something, jotting down tomorrow's to-do list helps unburden your mind. Or do some simple mindfulness - nothing too intense, just enough to acknowledge and then let go of the day's leftover concerns.

Sometimes, a quick 20-minute power nap during the afternoon can also help. But yea lah, nothing beats those nights when you sleep like a baby without even trying.

Reactions: sunflower
Better sleep, better me! I'm all for this discussion cause there's nothing like a good night's rest to set the mood right for the whole day!

Having some form of night routine definitely helps me relax into slumber mode. I usually wind down an hour before turning in - dim the lights, light a lavender scent candle, queue up my favourite playlist of lo-fi beats on Spotify and journal my thoughts. On especially stressful nights, a few deep breaths or some mild stretching helps calm my mind too.

Also, keeping the bedroom cool, dark and quiet is a must! I'd go as far as to say invest in some blackout curtains if you haven't already because those really help with shutting out the world so your body can relax. And of course, don't forget to hydrate before bed cause nothing's worse than being parched in the middle of the night.

What are some other ways we can create a soothing sanctuary for ourselves to ease into dreamland? Share away!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu