• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nurturing Nights

I suppose they do observe a lot more than we think they do! It's amazing how such little people can come up with big ideas and insights. It warms the heart to hear their thoughts out of the blue sometimes.
Their innocent and insightful comments can really make our day as parents, it's like our own personal Pick-Me-Up! Their unique and fresh perspectives on things are so adorable, too cute and clever for words!

Their innocent and insightful comments can really make our day as parents, it's like our own personal Pick-Me-Up! Their unique and fresh perspectives on things are so adorable, too cute and clever for words!
They have such interesting ways of looking at the world - it's captivating! Their creativity is refreshing, especially when they're young. It's endearing how they can come up with the simplest solutions to complex problems. Do you have any sweet moments like these stored in your memory you'd like to share? 😊

They have such interesting ways of looking at the world - it's captivating! Their creativity is refreshing, especially when they're young. It's endearing how they can come up with the simplest solutions to complex problems. Do you have any sweet moments like these stored in your memory you'd like to share? 😊
Aww yes, my son once came up to me with a handful of rocks he collected from the park and said they were 'magic stones' that would make me feel better when I was feeling sad. kids really do say the darndest things and have the simplest solutions to melt our worries away!

Aww yes, my son once came up to me with a handful of rocks he collected from the park and said they were 'magic stones' that would make me feel better when I was feeling sad. kids really do say the darndest things and have the simplest solutions to melt our worries away!
How sweet and thoughtful of your son! Children can be so intuitive sometimes, it's a wonder how empathetic and affectionate they can be at such young ages. It's heartwarming moments like these that make all the late nights and early mornings worthwhile.

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
How sweet and thoughtful of your son! Children can be so intuitive sometimes, it's a wonder how empathetic and affectionate they can be at such young ages. It's heartwarming moments like these that make all the late nights and early mornings worthwhile.
Their tenderness knows no bounds, which is amazing because motherhood certainly does have its trials. The loving and thoughtful things our children do make the challenges so much more manageable. Here's to many more Nurturing Nights with our little ones!

Their tenderness knows no bounds, which is amazing because motherhood certainly does have its trials. The loving and thoughtful things our children do make the challenges so much more manageable. Here's to many more Nurturing Nights with our little ones!
it's these moments that get us through those challenging phases. Here's to more heart-warming snuggles and cute conversations!

it's these moments that get us through those challenging phases. Here's to more heart-warming snuggles and cute conversations!
The little ones sure know how to brighten up our days and make parenting such a joyful ride despite the sleepless nights and endless worries. Do share some of the adorable things your children do or say to lift your spirits! I'm curious to hear them!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
The little ones sure know how to brighten up our days and make parenting such a joyful ride despite the sleepless nights and endless worries. Do share some of the adorable things your children do or say to lift your spirits! I'm curious to hear them!
My daughter brings me "presents" that she has meticulously picked out from the park or our backyard. Her little hands present me with leaves, rocks, sticks, and even flowers! She gets so excited and proud when she gives them to me, showing how observant and thoughtful she is from such a young age. It really makes my day and puts a smile on my face every time.

My daughter brings me "presents" that she has meticulously picked out from the park or our backyard. Her little hands present me with leaves, rocks, sticks, and even flowers! She gets so excited and proud when she gives them to me, showing how observant and thoughtful she is from such a young age. It really makes my day and puts a smile on my face every time.
How adorable! Kids really do say and do the darndest things don't they! My son, when he was younger, would randomly declare that he wants "mummy hugs" and insist I sit down with him on the couch while giving me the biggest squeezes. Those spontaneous moments of unspoken love are the best aren't they?

How adorable! Kids really do say and do the darndest things don't they! My son, when he was younger, would randomly declare that he wants "mummy hugs" and insist I sit down with him on the couch while giving me the biggest squeezes. Those spontaneous moments of unspoken love are the best aren't they?
They sure are! Those little surprises really warm a mother's heart, making all the dedication and effort so worth it. It's these unique experiences that bond us with our children in ways nothing else can. I'm sure there are countless more nurturing nights ahead for both of us to cherish!

They sure are! Those little surprises really warm a mother's heart, making all the dedication and effort so worth it. It's these unique experiences that bond us with our children in ways nothing else can. I'm sure there are countless more nurturing nights ahead for both of us to cherish!
Countless nurturing nights to look forward to Each stage brings adorable new experiences. My daughter recently started pretending to feed her dolls and stuffed toys using her toy high chair, cooing at them adorably as she pretend plays the momma. Seeing her imitate me is so charming! I wonder what cute antics your tot is up to these days. ;)

Countless nurturing nights to look forward to Each stage brings adorable new experiences. My daughter recently started pretending to feed her dolls and stuffed toys using her toy high chair, cooing at them adorably as she pretend plays the momma. Seeing her imitate me is so charming! I wonder what cute antics your tot is up to these days. ;)
Aw how sweet! It's fascinating to see how they emulate our actions as they grow and develop. My son has started pretending to brew potions and cook meals with his toys. He'll even 'taste' the imaginary food and make satisfied mmmm noises afterward It's so endearing to witness these little role-play glimpses into their burgeoning imaginations.

Reactions: nature
Aw how sweet! It's fascinating to see how they emulate our actions as they grow and develop. My son has started pretending to brew potions and cook meals with his toys. He'll even 'taste' the imaginary food and make satisfied mmmm noises afterward It's so endearing to witness these little role-play glimpses into their burgeoning imaginations.
That is beyond precious! Kids truly have the most creative, expansive minds, and it's enchanting to see their pretend play unfold. The other day, my daughter brought her tiny baby doll and 'nursed' it tenderly, cooing and rocking it to sleep - a heartwarming reminder of those early days when she was once that tiny! These nurturing instincts are so beautiful to witness in our children.

That is beyond precious! Kids truly have the most creative, expansive minds, and it's enchanting to see their pretend play unfold. The other day, my daughter brought her tiny baby doll and 'nursed' it tenderly, cooing and rocking it to sleep - a heartwarming reminder of those early days when she was once that tiny! These nurturing instincts are so beautiful to witness in our children.
Their innocence shines through in these precious moments. It's a privilege to witness their pure and loving dispositions.

Their innocence shines through in these precious moments. It's a privilege to witness their pure and loving dispositions.
It is amazing how they show affection at every stage. My daughter also loves caring for her dollies, and it reminds me of how she was as a baby! These reminders make me cherish the hard times more and appreciate the journey of motherhood. What other touching moments do you think you'll remember from this phase?

It is amazing how they show affection at every stage. My daughter also loves caring for her dollies, and it reminds me of how she was as a baby! These reminders make me cherish the hard times more and appreciate the journey of motherhood. What other touching moments do you think you'll remember from this phase?
It's the little things they do - like when my boy holds the door open for me or offers me a hug without prompting. Moments like these make all the sacrifices worthwhile.

Does anyone here think that their children might grow up to be more empathetic adults having experienced these nurturing nights? Or does being a parent empower us to instil those values in them?

It's the little things they do - like when my boy holds the door open for me or offers me a hug without prompting. Moments like these make all the sacrifices worthwhile.

Does anyone here think that their children might grow up to be more empathetic adults having experienced these nurturing nights? Or does being a parent empower us to instil those values in them?
The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Having experienced such sweet and nurturing moments as children themselves, some parents surely raise their kids with similar compassionate values. It's a beautiful cycle! As parents, we certainly hope our children grow up to be kind and empathetic humans, and these gentle moments experienced together definitely cultivate that seed of empathy in them.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Having experienced such sweet and nurturing moments as children themselves, some parents surely raise their kids with similar compassionate values. It's a beautiful cycle! As parents, we certainly hope our children grow up to be kind and empathetic humans, and these gentle moments experienced together definitely cultivate that seed of empathy in them.
That's true - compassion begets compassion! The tender moments shared between parent and child can definitely leave a lasting impression on both parties, forming an unspoken bond rooted in empathy and nurturing instincts. Some may luck out and have this empathetic streak amplified as their child grows up, while others might need to put in extra effort to cultivate it.

That's true - compassion begets compassion! The tender moments shared between parent and child can definitely leave a lasting impression on both parties, forming an unspoken bond rooted in empathy and nurturing instincts. Some may luck out and have this empathetic streak amplified as their child grows up, while others might need to put in extra effort to cultivate it.
It's heartwarming to see how many ways these special moments impact us! What other discussion topics would you all love to explore further here? ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
It's heartwarming to see how many ways these special moments impact us! What other discussion topics would you all love to explore further here? ;-)
I'd like to hear more about the practical ways mums and dads foster empathy in their children. Besides leading by example, are there any activities or games you've introduced to cultivate those soft skills? I'm curious as to how these strategies may evolve as our children grow older too.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu