• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nod Off

The small things often have the most impact, so many great points mentioned by everyone! Keeping the room well-ventilated and ensuring bedding is fresh and clean definitely adds to that sleep hygiene. As much as possible, I also try to stick to a consistent sleep schedule, which has helped greatly.
That's true; maintaining a routine does wonders for regulating your body clock! It becomes easier to fall asleep when your body is accustomed to a set sleep schedule.

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
Yup, you never quite realize how important such simple measures are until someone points them out!
Simple pleasure and free hacks to better sleep. Who would have thought such an insightful discussion could ensue from such a straightforward topic! it just goes to show how valuable everyone's contributions are. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, everyone! Have a great week ahead and sweet dreams!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Sometimes, I also find that having a hot bath or shower before bed helps with relaxation and getting better rest. Does anyone else do this? It'd be interesting to hear other people's pre-bed rituals!
Oh yes, a warm bath is a wonderful way to unwind and relax your body before bed! I usually opt for an epsom salt bath to soothe my muscles and mind. It's a great way to prepare your body for a good night's sleep and definitely helps with relaxation.

I find that lighting some aromatherapy candles with soothing essential oils or burning incense also sets a calm ambiance. There are many scents to choose from, so you can pick one that appeals to you most - lavender is famously calming, but I also enjoy scents like chamomile or citrusy aromas. They help enhance the relaxation and set a cozy mood for sleep.

It's enjoyable discovering these little rituals that enhance our evening routine! It makes every night feel extra special.

That's true; maintaining a routine does wonders for regulating your body clock! It becomes easier to fall asleep when your body is accustomed to a set sleep schedule.
Yeah, having a fixed routine really helps especially with young children around disrupting bedtime. You just naturally gravitate towards that scheduled sleepy time! Though it can get tricky with the various commitments and realities of life, so got to be consistent and disciplined.

it's the little habits that make a huge difference, and they're often the easiest to incorporate into our routines!
the simplest solutions are often the most practical and straightforward, which makes perfect sense to implement as part of our nightly routine.

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
What other simple habits do you think can help with sleep regulation?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu