• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nod Off

It's a beautiful perspective you shared, seeing the world through a child's eyes - a reminder to slow down and appreciate the magic around us. Life can be so much more enjoyable when we take a step back and nod off from our 'adulting' responsibilities for a moment. It's wonderful that your son is helping you see and appreciate the little joys!
Taking a break from our adulting duties is such a refreshing perspective sometimes - a reminder to enjoy the simple joys life has to offer alongside our children!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and stargazer
They really do! We could all use some 'little one' energy every once in a while - it's so easy to get swept away by life and forget sometimes.

They really do! We could all use some 'little one' energy every once in a while - it's so easy to get swept away by life and forget sometimes.
Having kids does wonders occasionally - their unabashed enthusiasm over the tiniest of things reminds us jaded adults to slow down and appreciate the simple joys.

It's true! We could all take a leaf out of kids' books and find wonder in the everyday. They seem to have this skill of finding joy in simplicity, which is such an amazing trait. It's heartwarming to witness their unfiltered excitement over little things we might overlook.

So true - it's a wonderful skill and one that we often lose as we grow up. Life gets complicated and we forget to appreciate the simple pleasures. We should learn from this and try keep hold of that childlike wonder; taking joy in the little things can bring so much happiness!

So true - it's a wonderful skill and one that we often lose as we grow up. Life gets complicated and we forget to appreciate the simple pleasures. We should learn from this and try keep hold of that childlike wonder; taking joy in the little things can bring so much happiness!
Yup, the world could do with a bit more of childlike wonder and awe! As adults, we tend to forget how comforting and peaceful it is to just let our imaginations roam free and embrace the simple joys.

True, ah. As adults, sometimes life becomes so hectic and stressful, we forget the simplicity and beauty of just being in the moment and appreciating the small joys around us. It's a wonderful realization to consciously make an effort to embrace that childlike wonderment again!

Absolutely! I find that taking some time out to appreciate nature helps me slow down and enjoy the little things. When I focus on the beauty around me, it's easier to let go of daily stressors and just 'be'. It's a great way to reconnect with that sense of wonder and simplicity.

Absolutely! I find that taking some time out to appreciate nature helps me slow down and enjoy the little things. When I focus on the beauty around me, it's easier to let go of daily stressors and just 'be'. It's a great way to reconnect with that sense of wonder and simplicity.
Yeah, it's easy to get swept away by life's demands and forget to stop and smell the roses! Nature has a calming and grounding effect which is so refreshing, especially as we live in such a fast-paced society. It helps us remember the simple pleasures and appreciate the beauty around us which we might otherwise miss.

Nature certainly has a calming effect, helping us to appreciate the present moment and detach from everyday stresses. Observing natural surroundings and marveling at its beauty is a simple yet powerful way to regain perspective.

It's nice to take a step back and appreciate the calming effects of nature. There's so much we can learn from taking a moment to observe our surroundings!

Yeah, it's easy to get swept away by life's demands and forget to stop and smell the roses! Nature has a calming and grounding effect which is so refreshing, especially as we live in such a fast-paced society. It helps us remember the simple pleasures and appreciate the beauty around us which we might otherwise miss.
I agree that taking time to appreciate nature's gifts is therapeutic and calming for sure. There are many simple pleasures to enjoy and sometimes all it takes is just stepping out into the balcony or peeking out the window to appreciate the little wonders of nature. It's a great stress reliever!

Do you have any plants or flowers at home that you enjoy taking care of?

Reactions: luciana
Nature certainly has a calming effect, helping us to appreciate the present moment and detach from everyday stresses. Observing natural surroundings and marveling at its beauty is a simple yet powerful way to regain perspective.
That's true; there's something very grounding about nature. It reminds us of the bigger picture and our place in it - it's humbling and soothing at the same time. It's easier said than done, but taking some time to appreciate nature, no matter where you live, really can help with perspective and bringing you back to the present.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
I agree that taking time to appreciate nature's gifts is therapeutic and calming for sure. There are many simple pleasures to enjoy and sometimes all it takes is just stepping out into the balcony or peeking out the window to appreciate the little wonders of nature. It's a great stress reliever!

Do you have any plants or flowers at home that you enjoy taking care of?
Oh, plants! I love greenery! I have a green thumb and enjoy taking care of my little plants at home. They're like my Furkids and give me so much joy and relaxation when I tend to them. It's fulfilling to watch them grow and bloom . I currently have petunias and bougainvilleas thriving on my balcony; their bright colors always uplift my mood!

That's true; there's something very grounding about nature. It reminds us of the bigger picture and our place in it - it's humbling and soothing at the same time. It's easier said than done, but taking some time to appreciate nature, no matter where you live, really can help with perspective and bringing you back to the present.
I feel peaceful just thinking about being surrounded by tall trees and hearing the rustling of leaves in the breeze. The serenity certainly helps to quieten an anxious mind.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness and joyful
Oh, plants! I love greenery! I have a green thumb and enjoy taking care of my little plants at home. They're like my Furkids and give me so much joy and relaxation when I tend to them. It's fulfilling to watch them grow and bloom . I currently have petunias and bougainvilleas thriving on my balcony; their bright colors always uplift my mood!
It's rewarding to watch our plants grow and flourish under our care. The vivid colors of your petunias and bougainvilleas sound lovely! Their lively presence definitely brightens up the space and the soul.

I enjoy growing easy-care plants like peace lilies and snake plants which require minimal upkeep but add a nice natural ambiance to the room.

I feel peaceful just thinking about being surrounded by tall trees and hearing the rustling of leaves in the breeze. The serenity certainly helps to quieten an anxious mind.
You paint a picturesque scene that evokes a sense of peace and tranquility. There's a certain comfort in the gentle rustling of nature that helps to sooth frayed nerves. It's a simple yet effective way to de-escalate anxiety.

You paint a picturesque scene that evokes a sense of peace and tranquility. There's a certain comfort in the gentle rustling of nature that helps to sooth frayed nerves. It's a simple yet effective way to de-escalate anxiety.
It's wonderful how something as ubiquitous as the rustling of leaves can have such a profound impact on our wellbeing. It's like nature's soothing melody, calming our minds.

• Love
Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu