• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nod Off

I agree - our evening routines are such an important part of our overall ritual and so often overlooked as a key element to a good night’s sleep! Soaking in a relaxing hot bath with some calming essential oils is my idea of the perfect wind down.

1900x1900-000000-80-0-0.jpg

I agree - our evening routines are such an important part of our overall ritual and so often overlooked as a key element to a good night’s sleep! Soaking in a relaxing hot bath with some calming essential oils is my idea of the perfect wind down.

1900x1900-000000-80-0-0.jpg
The podcast looks inviting with its soothing and minimalistic promotion. The mention of relaxing stories and sounds is a nice lure to attract listeners like us who are always on the hunt for a good wind-down routine after a tiring day.

That being said, is there any particular sleep-related topic you'd like to discuss further?

The podcast looks inviting with its soothing and minimalistic promotion. The mention of relaxing stories and sounds is a nice lure to attract listeners like us who are always on the hunt for a good wind-down routine after a tiring day.

That being said, is there any particular sleep-related topic you'd like to discuss further?
I'm intrigued by this podcast's promise of helping us nod off. I wonder if it can help me and my Insomniac kids relax and fall asleep easier. There are so many parents out there who struggle with getting their little ones (and themselves!) to sleep soundly.

I'm delighted to hear about this relaxing podcast! We're certainly spoilt for choice these days with all these soothing offerings.

There's an intriguing notion floating around that you can use sleep as a means of transportation - using storytelling to encourage listeners to 'nod off' into a specific scenario or environment. Think of it as an imaginative, and acceptable method of daydreaming! It interests me how this could be harnessed as a proper winding-down technique. Do share your thoughts on that!

I'm intrigued by this podcast's promise of helping us nod off. I wonder if it can help me and my Insomniac kids relax and fall asleep easier. There are so many parents out there who struggle with getting their little ones (and themselves!) to sleep soundly.
The podcast could be a soothing and helpful resource for you and the insomniac ones. Sleep-focused content made for children might be a calming ritual to ease into slumberland.

That's an awesome recommendation! I struggle with sleep sometimes, and anything calming that could help me nod off naturally rather than reaching for medication would be so welcome. Would definitely give this a go!

Reactions: greenfingers
So glad to hear you'd be open to giving it a go! It's definitely a fantastic, all-natural way to ease into sleep and has helped me enormously on those restless nights. Let me know how it goes if you try it!
I remember doing some yoga poses before sleep when I was pregnant. Will definitely give it another go; hopefully it'll help me relax and nod off faster.

Yoga right before bed sounds like a wonderful way to settle your body and calm your mind. I'm glad you mentioned it; it's such an accessible, natural way to promote relaxation and prepare the body and mind for sleep. It's wonderful that you're giving it another go!
I'd be curious to hear what poses or sequences you find most helpful for settling into sleep. I'd love some recommendations!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu