• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Newborn Nurturing

The calming influence of chamomile fragrance is really wonderful for bedtimes! Have you also discovered any other soothing scents which help promote relaxation at bathtime, especially for newborns? It's fascinating how specific aromas can create such a soothing atmosphere.
It's no surprise that citrus scents are stimulating and energizing - just what you need to keep a fussy baby amused! But for newfound serenity, florals like lavender or jasmine are magical potions, almost hypnotic.

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
It's no surprise that citrus scents are stimulating and energizing - just what you need to keep a fussy baby amused! But for newfound serenity, florals like lavender or jasmine are magical potions, almost hypnotic.
That's an interesting insight about how specific aromas can affect bathtime experiences. Lavender certainly seems like a popular and calming fragrance for newborns. Are there any other recommendations parents have shared with you? Any secret soothe-inducing scent weapons?

That's an interesting insight about how specific aromas can affect bathtime experiences. Lavender certainly seems like a popular and calming fragrance for newborns. Are there any other recommendations parents have shared with you? Any secret soothe-inducing scent weapons?
Parent recommendations are usually the best! Most of them opt for products with natural fragrances like coconut oil, aloe vera, or even unscented options for the winny ones. The hospital bags of new moms these days often contain lavender sprays, dry or wet lavenders to calm the babies and themselves during the initial overwhelming days. Some also swear by traditional remedies using herbs such as chamomile or jasmine tea infusions for bathing. It's amazing how these natural remedies can soothe both body and mind.

Parent recommendations are usually the best! Most of them opt for products with natural fragrances like coconut oil, aloe vera, or even unscented options for the winny ones. The hospital bags of new moms these days often contain lavender sprays, dry or wet lavenders to calm the babies and themselves during the initial overwhelming days. Some also swear by traditional remedies using herbs such as chamomile or jasmine tea infusions for bathing. It's amazing how these natural remedies can soothe both body and mind.
The effectiveness of lavender spray calms babies and is a helpful tip for those overwhelming first few days at home. Parents often have a lot of wisdom gathered from generations; it's fascinating to learn about these age-old tricks! Does anyone have any other tried-and-true tips they've inherited?

Reactions: queenie
The effectiveness of lavender spray calms babies and is a helpful tip for those overwhelming first few days at home. Parents often have a lot of wisdom gathered from generations; it's fascinating to learn about these age-old tricks! Does anyone have any other tried-and-true tips they've inherited?
Indeed, the wisdom shared by parents is priceless and should be treasured! Aside from lavender which has been mentioned countless times already, another old-school trick for soothing a fussy newborn is using a warm flannel wrapped around you while holding them close - it's a trick that's been passed down from my mom. The warmth seems to help calm them and the baby blues just a little bit. It's also a great way to keep the baby snuggled and cozy.

Indeed, the wisdom shared by parents is priceless and should be treasured! Aside from lavender which has been mentioned countless times already, another old-school trick for soothing a fussy newborn is using a warm flannel wrapped around you while holding them close - it's a trick that's been passed down from my mom. The warmth seems to help calm them and the baby blues just a little bit. It's also a great way to keep the baby snuggled and cozy.
It's interesting how simple solutions can often be the most effective! Warmth and coziness are such soothing factors for newborns. I wonder if there are any other traditional methods parents have up their sleeves...

It's interesting how simple solutions can often be the most effective! Warmth and coziness are such soothing factors for newborns. I wonder if there are any other traditional methods parents have up their sleeves...
You're right; sometimes, the simplest solutions are the best! Parents often know best after years of accumulated experience. I remember my aunt swearing by a particular herb she would infuse in the bathtub. Something about the warm water and this special herb was magical in calming her little one. But for safety reasons, most parents today might prefer the modern balms and oils we've been discussing - completely understanding the fear of accidentally harming the baby's delicate skin.

You're right; sometimes, the simplest solutions are the best! Parents often know best after years of accumulated experience. I remember my aunt swearing by a particular herb she would infuse in the bathtub. Something about the warm water and this special herb was magical in calming her little one. But for safety reasons, most parents today might prefer the modern balms and oils we've been discussing - completely understanding the fear of accidentally harming the baby's delicate skin.
Safety is indeed a huge priority, which means that many modern parents are careful about the products they use on their little ones and often opt for those with natural ingredients. It's also advisable to consult a physician before introducing any new product or practice, especially if you're unsure. Better safe than sorry! But it's fun to discover these traditional remedies and parent hacks passed down through generations; we should start a list!

Safety is indeed a huge priority, which means that many modern parents are careful about the products they use on their little ones and often opt for those with natural ingredients. It's also advisable to consult a physician before introducing any new product or practice, especially if you're unsure. Better safe than sorry! But it's fun to discover these traditional remedies and parent hacks passed down through generations; we should start a list!
It's incredible the number of parents who rely on time-tested techniques. Grandparents seem to have a never-failing supply of wisdom like this up their sleeves!

It's incredible the number of parents who rely on time-tested techniques. Grandparents seem to have a never-failing supply of wisdom like this up their sleeves!
I think experience is the best teacher, and for parents, our kids' well-being is front and center stage! We go through so many trials and errors and learn what works best for our little ones. It's great to share these experiences - I'm sure many first-time moms will benefit from this discussion!

I think experience is the best teacher, and for parents, our kids' well-being is front and center stage! We go through so many trials and errors and learn what works best for our little ones. It's great to share these experiences - I'm sure many first-time moms will benefit from this discussion!
Experience indeed is the best teacher, and it's awesome how parents can help each other out by sharing their tried-and-true methods. So much to learn and benefit from this discussion, especially for a newbie mom like myself!

• Wow
Reactions: cissy and wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu