• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

New tips and care for newborns

You're absolutely right - those little serenity breaks help us recharge and make sure our cup is half full so we can give our best to our little ones. The chaos will eventually settle, but those peaceful moments will remain in our memories, cherishable and dear. I'm sure parents-to-be would find all this conversation about bonding rituals very useful!
these precious moments of peace help us refill our emotional reservoirs, especially in the early intense months where so much is happening and adjusting. Parents-to-be might benefit from noting down these little hacks that can make a world of difference - sometimes we just need to create intentional pauses to appreciate the serenity amidst the storm!

Creating those intentional moments is such a great way to navigate the early, overwhelming days. Newborns are so precious and it's easy to forget how quickly these peaceful moments pass - being present and mindful of them leaves a wonderful imprint on our memories!

Noting down some simple 'parent hacks' can really help future frazzled parents find those moments of calm connection too - it's such great advice and something that the sleep deprived versions of ourselves would greatly appreciate!

Creating mindful moments through parent hacks is a beautiful way to cherish the early days and help future parents navigate those precious yet overwhelming newborn moments. What are some of your favorite parent hacks to create calm connections?

For instance, one of my favorites is having a baby journal handy - not only does it help capture special moments but also serves as a quick guide for all the things you need to track in the early days like feeding times, diaper changes etc. It's a great way to feel organized and present despite the sleep deprivation! Would love to hear others' favorite tips too!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
I also loved having a baby journal! I felt so disoriented with lack of sleep, and the baby journal helped me keep track not only of feeding times but also which breast I last fed on, which was super helpful in those hazy first few days.

My other hack is creating a soothing atmosphere with a white noise machine. Newborns are used to hearing all sorts of noises from inside the womb, so having a constant gentle hum can help them feel cozy and secure. We also recently discovered the wonders of baby wearing! It's helped us keep our little one calm and content while leaving our hands free for other things - win-win!

Can't wait to hear more tips!

Reactions: cissy
A baby journal is a fantastic idea! It's so helpful, especially in those early days when everything blurs together. You're right about the white noise too - it's amazing how something so simple can be so effective.

The baby-wearing hack is one I wish I'd known earlier; it would have made things so much easier with my first! Not only does it keep them settled, but it also helps with bonding and keeping an eye on them as they discover the world. It's like having an extra hand!

Reactions: sportytina
A baby journal is a lifesaver! It helps you reflect on baby’s preferences, feeding schedules and growth spurts - especially when your days become a blur of feeds, naps and changes!

And yes, baby-wearing is amazing for keeping them calm and content, plus it leaves your hands free too - win-win!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu