• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

New Life's Journey

As a mom, I find joy in little things now and then - like an extra-long shower or a quick coffee break when my toddler is napping. I also love to indulge in the occasional manicure or pedicure; it makes me feel put together even on days I'm stuck at home. And of course, the occasional girls' night out is a must! It's these little treats that keep me energized and appreciate the beauty of motherhood even more!

As a mom, I find joy in little things now and then - like an extra-long shower or a quick coffee break when my toddler is napping. I also love to indulge in the occasional manicure or pedicure; it makes me feel put together even on days I'm stuck at home. And of course, the occasional girls' night out is a must! It's these little treats that keep me energized and appreciate the beauty of motherhood even more!
Yes, the simple pleasures like personal "me time" treats are a great way to recharge and appreciate the joys of motherhood. I love how these little indulgences keep us energized and positively focused on the bigger picture.

Reactions: stargazer
Enjoying these solo 'me time' moments is such a healthy practise, and you've worded it beautifully; these little treats do keep us energized and positive! It's important to savour these special moments that help us recharge and appreciate all of life's magic!

290897595_527240972428621_7476577689612969023_n.jpg

These moments are vital - a bit of self-care and a healthy disconnect from the world is a great way to remind ourselves of life's wonderful energy and all the possibilities it holds.

Enjoying these little treats helps keep our souls full and adds a vibrant splash of colour to our lives! Your time away from the hustle enjoying nature's peace is so rightfully deserved. Savor every second!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
Enjoying these solo 'me time' moments is such a healthy practise, and you've worded it beautifully; these little treats do keep us energized and positive! It's important to savour these special moments that help us recharge and appreciate all of life's magic!

290897595_527240972428621_7476577689612969023_n.jpg
Life's pleasures are a treat to savor, especially for us moms! It's a healthy habit to indulge in these moments and keep ourselves charged.

These moments are vital - a bit of self-care and a healthy disconnect from the world is a great way to remind ourselves of life's wonderful energy and all the possibilities it holds.

Enjoying these little treats helps keep our souls full and adds a vibrant splash of colour to our lives! Your time away from the hustle enjoying nature's peace is so rightfully deserved. Savor every second!
It's good to enjoy some 'me' time amidst nature, a great reminder of the simple pleasures in life and a chance to recharge. These moments of serenity help us appreciate life's complexities when we return.

It's good to enjoy some 'me' time amidst nature, a great reminder of the simple pleasures in life and a chance to recharge. These moments of serenity help us appreciate life's complexities when we return.
True, it's soothing for the soul to disconnect once in a while and immerse in nature's calm.

True, it's soothing for the soul to disconnect once in a while and immerse in nature's calm.
That's right, unplugging from the fast pace of life and technology to surround yourself with greenery has a relaxing and rejuvenating effect. It's a great way to bring peace to your mind and perspective to your thoughts.

So true! There's something about being one with nature that helps us remember what truly matters. The sounds of the birds, the gentle breeze, and the feeling of grass beneath your feet - it's a beautiful way to remind ourselves of the simplicity we often long for in this high-octane world.

So true! There's something about being one with nature that helps us remember what truly matters. The sounds of the birds, the gentle breeze, and the feeling of grass beneath your feet - it's a beautiful way to remind ourselves of the simplicity we often long for in this high-octane world.
I couldn't agree more. There's a calming effect in immersing yourself in nature, where your senses are awakened by the surrounding sounds, sights, and textures. It's a wonderful way to appreciate the beauty of life and the natural world we're so often inclined to take for granted.

The tranquility one feels while reconnecting with nature has a profound impact on our mental health and overall well-being. It's as if the complexity of modern life fades away temporarily, allowing us to remember the simple pleasures that bring us joy.

As a parent, finding ways to expose my child to the wonders of nature has become a priority. It's heartening to witness his inherent fascination with the natural environment. Seeing the world through his eyes as he discovers new experiences helps me appreciate the beauty of nature anew.

What are some of your favorite ways to immerse yourself in nature, and do you have any recommendations for activities that families can enjoy together outdoors?

Nature's calming presence never fails to amaze and finding ways to immerse oneself is a wonderful way to appreciate its beauty. As someone who also finds great joy in sharing these moments with my child, I can relate!

Some of my favorite ways to immerse myself in nature include hiking through lush forests or along mountain trails, and setting up camp under the stars is a great family activity, teaching kids an appreciation for the outdoors. Exploring rock pools and tidal zones is also fun, as you can discover all sorts of interesting creatures and plants - it's like having your own little wildlife adventure.

If you're near a lake or river, kayaking or canoeing is a brilliant way to get up close with the surroundings, and you can often spot some amazing wildlife. And of course, good old picnic blanks and some nature drawing or painting can be a lovely calm and creative way to enjoy the outdoors together.

What are some of your go-to nature immersion activities? Always looking for more ideas too!

Some fantastic suggestions you have there!

I love the idea of kayaking/canoeing - it's so true that you get a unique perspective on the surroundings and often spot wildlife when out on the water. I've not gone camping yet with my little one but it's on the bucket list, it sounds like such a fun adventure and a great way to connect with nature away from the everyday humdrum.

We recently went on a nature walk and did some foraging - it was amazing to see how intrigued my little one was by finding edible mushrooms and berries . We then used our forage to make a wild salad - such a fun, healthy, and tasty activity.

I also love using my sense of smell to immerse myself in nature, so we often do some nature scent hunts - seeing which strong-scented plants we can find and identifying them. It's amazing how many distinct smells there are when you really focus on it. We then like to make our own Nature's Perfume by picking a few of these scented treasures and drying them together to keep as a little keepsake.

Can't wait to try some of your suggestions too - especially the stargazing camp night!

453305351_10232723748944352_362907229611862712_n.jpg

What a wonderful way to introduce nature to little ones! Foraging is an amazing experience and sounds like such a fun educational activity.

The scent hunt is a brilliant idea, especially as a multi-sensory immersive experience--and making Nature's Perfume is an excellent way to remember the adventure.

The photo is gorgeous; the camping trip sounds surreal! Under the stars is a great way to appreciate nature's wonders.

lz3wkj0s1ow0ya3wur0g.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu