• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating solo

I agree that more can be done to support solo parents in our society. Awareness and accessibility are key in ensuring that parents get the assistance they need.

Community centres and local initiatives can play a huge role in providing support, but these often fly under the radar. A comprehensive database or central hub for information could be established to help direct parents to the nearest support groups and services. That being said, a big part of the problem is also ensuring that these resources are well-publicized and easily accessible! It's a vicious cycle. 👍
Yes indeed! A one-stop database with centralized information would be a huge help, but as you say, it's a challenge to ensure all the details are up-to-date and accessible. An online platform with user submissions might help, where experiences can also be shared. App developers, get on it! 👩🏻🤝

Yes indeed! A one-stop database with centralized information would be a huge help, but as you say, it's a challenge to ensure all the details are up-to-date and accessible. An online platform with user submissions might help, where experiences can also be shared. App developers, get on it! 👩🏻🤝
You're right; an app or online platform sounds like a convenient solution for such a database. The power of tech to connect people is certainly useful here! I wonder if anyone has the skills, time and funding to make this happen. 🤔😅

You're right; an app or online platform sounds like a convenient solution for such a database. The power of tech to connect people is certainly useful here! I wonder if anyone has the skills, time and funding to make this happen. 🤔😅
An app sounds like a fantastic idea to help solo parents navigate available resources. It would indeed require a lot of work and planning! I think the first step would be to gather details of initiatives/programs etc., which is quite an extensive job already. Do you know of any such comprehensive resources currently available? Perhaps someone with experience in these situations could offer some insights!

An app sounds like a fantastic idea to help solo parents navigate available resources. It would indeed require a lot of work and planning! I think the first step would be to gather details of initiatives/programs etc., which is quite an extensive job already. Do you know of any such comprehensive resources currently available? Perhaps someone with experience in these situations could offer some insights!
There's only so much that online resources can do, but it certainly helps to have a consolidated list of services. I think the personal experiences and recommendations of solo parents would be invaluable addition to any such platform.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu