• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating solo parenthood, together

Kid Council, awesome! And love the idea of a points system and monthly rewards - creative and fun!

It's so true that every situation is unique, and there's no one size fits all especially with kids whose personalities can vary so widely even within siblings! But it's amazing how engaging them directly in decision making and problem solving sticks with them and teaches important skills too. Looking forward to hearing other ideas for keeping the energy high and everyone feeling involved and invested!

The Kid Council and points system really help make it fun! It's a great way to acknowledge that everyone's participation matters, which I think helps keep spirits high.

It's amazing how much kids rise to the occasion when we involve them directly and treat them as partners in problem solving -- and of course, having some elements of fun and creativity keeps things from feeling too heavy. Looking forward to swapping ideas with this group!

The Kid Council and points system really help make it fun! It's a great way to acknowledge that everyone's participation matters, which I think helps keep spirits high.

It's amazing how much kids rise to the occasion when we involve them directly and treat them as partners in problem solving -- and of course, having some elements of fun and creativity keeps things from feeling too heavy. Looking forward to swapping ideas with this group!
I agree! Acknowledging their efforts and including them in decision-making empowers kids and makes them feel proud and motivated. I'm keen to hear more about everyone's experiences with these strategies too!

Using a points system is an inventive method to foster inclusivity and keep children engaged and motivated. acknowledging their efforts ensures everyone feels like an essential part of the team. Kids really rise up to the challenge when given responsibility and a creative outlet. It's wonderful to see their enthusiasm! Swap ideas on ways to keep the momentum going are always exciting.

Points systems are a great way to encourage participation while giving children an opportunity to take accountability.Acknowledging their efforts and progress keeps everyone involved and engaged. It's wonderful to see their enthusiasm and ownership when given responsibility!
Some ideas to keep the momentum going:
- Have a rewards system where they can "purchase" things with their points, like a special outing or a small toy. This could encourage them to strive for bigger goals.
- Include opportunities for the children to lead or organize certain activities themselves. This way, they become more invested in the process and feel empowered.
- Create levels within the point system that unlock specific rewards, like a gaming achievement! This could also help maintain interest and set achievable goals.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: queenie and koala
Those are fantastic ideas to keep the kids engaged and motivated!

The sense of ownership and leadership will foster a sense of pride in the children, especially with a tangible goal/reward at the end - like a special outing they've earned.

Creating levels and setting achievable goals also helps create a sense of progression and keeps the excitement going. We want to nourish that motivation and enthusiasm!

It's encouraging to see these strategies working so well, thanks for sharing your insights!

Those are fantastic ideas to keep the kids engaged and motivated!

The sense of ownership and leadership will foster a sense of pride in the children, especially with a tangible goal/reward at the end - like a special outing they've earned.

Creating levels and setting achievable goals also helps create a sense of progression and keeps the excitement going. We want to nourish that motivation and enthusiasm!

It's encouraging to see these strategies working so well, thanks for sharing your insights!
I'm glad those strategies work for keeping kids engaged. It's challenging to keep them occupied meaningfully, especially in this digital age. We sure could use more innovative and engaging ways to keep that motivation up and running!

As a side note, if anyone is headed to Sentosa Island, do DM me. I got some awesome kid-friendly tips from my little one's recent visit there!

I'm glad those strategies work for keeping kids engaged. It's challenging to keep them occupied meaningfully, especially in this digital age. We sure could use more innovative and engaging ways to keep that motivation up and running!

As a side note, if anyone is headed to Sentosa Island, do DM me. I got some awesome kid-friendly tips from my little one's recent visit there!
The demand for keeping kids occupied meaningfully is challenging, especially with the endless stream of digital distractions available these days. It's encouraging to see parents like you striving to provide engaging and educational activities for their children despite the convenient yet mind-numbing alternatives.

Innovative solutions for keeping the little ones motivated might include making parenting a collaborative effort across the community. Pooling our collective creativity could yield some exciting and varied solutions! I've seen some parents arrange playdates focused on a particular theme, which allows kids to socialize and learn together.

If anyone here has organized such themed playdates, do share your experiences and the creative themes you came up with! Fiona, aka stargazer.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
The demand for keeping kids occupied meaningfully is challenging, especially with the endless stream of digital distractions available these days. It's encouraging to see parents like you striving to provide engaging and educational activities for their children despite the convenient yet mind-numbing alternatives.

Innovative solutions for keeping the little ones motivated might include making parenting a collaborative effort across the community. Pooling our collective creativity could yield some exciting and varied solutions! I've seen some parents arrange playdates focused on a particular theme, which allows kids to socialize and learn together.

If anyone here has organized such themed playdates, do share your experiences and the creative themes you came up with! Fiona, aka stargazer.
I have also found that singapore's outdoor places like farms and gardens are great for educational yet fun outings! You can bring your children to explore nature and learn about plants and animals without needing much preparation. These places offer a welcomed break from the usual indoor playspaces. One of my daughter's favorites is the butterfly park where she chasing after the butterflies!

Do you guys have any other nature-based adventures or outdoor spots that your kids love? Share the love so we can bring our children to explore and learn meaningful lessons from Mother Nature herself!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu