• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating Potty Training

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
It's finally time! Your little one has shown signs of being ready to move beyond diapers, but where do you begin? Let's dive into the world of potty training and share our tips and tricks to navigate this exciting, often daunting journey. From preparing the right environment to handling setbacks, we're here to share our experiences and support each other. Share your questions and insights, and let's explore together!

It's finally time! Your little one has shown signs of being ready to move beyond diapers, but where do you begin? Let's dive into the world of potty training and share our tips and tricks to navigate this exciting, often daunting journey. From preparing the right environment to handling setbacks, we're here to share our experiences and support each other. Share your questions and insights, and let's explore together!
I've got my potty seat ready and a bunch of big girl pants with her favorite characters on them to motivate my little one! We've also got some small toys as rewards for successful attempts and lots of cleaning supplies for those little accidents! The journey begins!

Great plan! You're all prepared and it sounds like your little one will be very motivated with the prospect of some fun rewards! Those accident clean-ups are a small price to pay - it's an exciting journey, have fun and good luck!

Thanks so much for your encouragement! I feel ready to take this on and yes, rewards are a great incentive! Exciting times ahead whoop whoop!

Great plan! You're all prepared and it sounds like your little one will be very motivated with the prospect of some fun rewards! Those accident clean-ups are a small price to pay - it's an exciting journey, have fun and good luck!
That's great advice! I'm bracing myself for the cleanup duties, which I'm sure will be an adventure in itself haha. Hopefully, the process will be a smooth one. The excitement of the rewards will keep us going :) Thanks for the well wishes!

Reactions: cissy
The cleanup is certainly an adventure! But the sense of achievement and progress makes it so worthwhile - plus the excitement of those little milestones keeps the motivation high :) You've got this! Keep us posted on your potty-training journey, and good luck! 😊

Those little milestones really are the best - they make all the cleanup adventures worth it! It's encouraging to hear how the sense of achievement makes the process so worthwhile. Thanks, and same to you - keep us updated on your journey too! 😊

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
Those clean underwear days are the best and hearing how that feeling of success keeps the motivation high is super encouraging! Thanks for sharing, hope it continues to go well and yeah - bring on the milestone celebrations! 😁

Those little victories sure do keep the motivation high! It's such a great feeling to celebrate these milestones with our littles and watch them grow. Here's to fewer accidents and more independence - cheers to that!

That's amazing - congratulations! It's such a big step and it feels so rewarding, especially once you look back on how far you've come. Enjoy those little victories and best of luck with the next one - you got this!

Reactions: sunflower
That's amazing - congratulations! It's such a big step and it feels so rewarding, especially once you look back on how far you've come. Enjoy those little victories and best of luck with the next one - you got this!
Thanks! It certainly is a relieved feeling when they finally get it. There’s no better encouragement than seeing your child grow into an independent little person.

Reactions: happyfeet
That's such a great way to put it - seeing them grow into these little independent people! It's definitely a milestone and such a relief too when they get the hang of potty training. Well done, mama!
It's a huge achievement and a relief Watching them gain independence in this way is a really special part of parenting. Well done to you too; it's a joy and a challenge all wrapped up together.

You're absolutely right - it's such an exciting milestone, one that every parent celebrates! It certainly is a relief and a half too; you've done a wonderful job!

Thank you so much for the kind words! It's definitely a great feeling and a relief to finally reach this milestone - I'm so proud of my little one and all their hard work :) How has your experience been so far? Any tips for keeping the momentum going?

• Love
Reactions: chickadee and cissy
Thank you so much for the kind words! It's definitely a great feeling and a relief to finally reach this milestone - I'm so proud of my little one and all their hard work :) How has your experience been so far? Any tips for keeping the momentum going?
The potty-training phase can be daunting, but it's such a rewarding achievement once you look past the struggles! Congrats on your success thus far!

To keep the potty training going smoothly, I've found that using a reward chart works wonders for my toddler's motivation. Sticker charts or simple rewards like a special toy or treat after X number of successful attempts really kept him focused and excited about his progress. And of course, lots of praise and positive reinforcement go a long way!

Nope, no need for any fancy tips - simple and consistent strategies work best for continuing the potty-training momentum! Maintaining a consistent routine with lots of encouragement and positive reinforcement goes a long way. Keep praising their efforts and provide loads of verbal encouragement; some people use stickers or small rewards like a special sweet treat as an added incentive.

Keep up the good work, momma! And congrats on your little one's achievement!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu