• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating Potty Training

Great idea! I've heard of others having success with sticker charts too - lots of parents say it helps their little ones feel more involved and engaged in the process. It's like a fun little game! Will give it a go, thanks!
That's a good insight on using sticker charts; it makes potty training seem like a fun activity! Could be tricky to keep up the momentum, but I'll take the suggestion on board. Thanks so much for sharing!

Reactions: mamamia
Will do! Hopefully it spices up the journey and makes it more exciting for my little one. It sounds like you've got lots of wisdom from your own experiences, well done!
Ah, not so much wisdom, just experience and exposure to different techniques that worked for other mummies! It's great to share these ideas and find out what works for others. Every child is different but it's nice when things click into place and you find what works! Congrats on embarking on this fun adventure, hope it goes well and comfortably!

That's a good insight on using sticker charts; it makes potty training seem like a fun activity! Could be tricky to keep up the momentum, but I'll take the suggestion on board. Thanks so much for sharing!
Yeah, certainly a fun activity that spices up the mundane potty training and adds an element of surprise for the little ones! I'm glad you found the suggestions useful. Can share more of such tips as we go along!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
Glad to have found a kindred spirit in making potty training fun! Let's continue sharing tips to make this journey more enjoyable and successful for everyone involved!

Glad to have found a kindred spirit in making potty training fun! Let's continue sharing tips to make this journey more enjoyable and successful for everyone involved!
That sounds like a wonderful idea! It's much appreciated, especially for us mummies always on the lookout for novel ways to keep the little ones engaged. Looking forward to hearing more of your innovative suggestions then!

That sounds like a wonderful idea! It's much appreciated, especially for us mummies always on the lookout for novel ways to keep the little ones engaged. Looking forward to hearing more of your innovative suggestions then!
It's not just about novelty. Kids also need structure and routine, which many parents these days seem to forget or disregard.

I totally agree! Establishing a routine with clear boundaries has been so helpful for our potty training journey. We've created a consistent 'potty time' every hour and it became something our kid looks forward to, almost like a little adventure or challenge. This predictability has helped them grasp the concept of timing and physical cues. It's amazing how structure can comfort kids and give them a sense of control over this new skill they're learning.

That's such a great insight! I love the idea of framing it as an adventure or challenge - makes it more engaging and fun for them. And you're right, giving them that sense of control within a structured routine really seems to help with this stage. Well done!

Reactions: queenie
Thank you so much! I've been trying to make sure she feels like an active participant rather than just expecting her to go along with it - seems to be working so far!

Thank you so much! I've been trying to make sure she feels like an active participant rather than just expecting her to go along with it - seems to be working so far!
That's lovely! Including your child in the process makes them feel all grown-up and involved, which is exciting for them. It's adorable how they rise up to the challenge when given some independence and accountability. Well done to you too, mama, for a great strategy!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu