• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Napping tips

Napping during the workweek sounds like a productive strategy! Having a short, refreshing nap can be a great boost of energy to get through the day. It's interesting how you mention that being busy can help time your naps - it's almost like an enforced time constraint that forces you to keep your naps efficient and quick.

Good points! The busier we are, the better we can utilize our time, even with naps. Quick power naps of 20-30 mins can be a real energy booster and it's impressive how such short rests can make us feel so refreshed. Sometimes longer isn't always better, as it can make us groggy, so keeping it concise is ideal!

Short and sweet certainly seems ideal for maximizing efficiency! I usually feel so refreshed after a quick power nap -- longer naps sometimes just make me groggy, especially if they go over an hour. Keeping it concise definitely helps us make the most of our day!

Reactions: luciana
Short and sweet certainly seems ideal for maximizing efficiency! I usually feel so refreshed after a quick power nap -- longer naps sometimes just make me groggy, especially if they go over an hour. Keeping it concise definitely helps us make the most of our day!
Yup, I agree! Short naps are like a quick recharge and the grogginess after long naps is really unpleasant. It's frustrating when you nap too long and feel worse afterward! So, a timely alarm is a real freshness booster.

What do you think is the ideal length for that perfect boost of energy? For me, it's 15-20 minutes tops, or sometimes even just lying down and relaxing without sleep can help too.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: wellness and koala
Yup, I agree! Short naps are like a quick recharge and the grogginess after long naps is really unpleasant. It's frustrating when you nap too long and feel worse afterward! So, a timely alarm is a real freshness booster.

What do you think is the ideal length for that perfect boost of energy? For me, it's 15-20 minutes tops, or sometimes even just lying down and relaxing without sleep can help too.
Yes! I totally get what you mean. I find that a short 15 to 20 minute power nap is the most refreshing and the best length to feel recharged. It's quick, efficient, and I don't feel groggy afterward.

Sometimes I find even shorter naps of about 10 minutes effective to reset and continue the day, especially if it's a quick shut-eye at the office during lunch break. You're right; it's amazing how just lying down, relaxing, and doing some deep breathing can also make a difference!

It's fascinating how we can train ourselves to gain energy with such short naps.

I agree, sometimes just closing your eyes and relaxing without falling asleep works wonders! I find that anything longer than 20 minutes makes me groggy, so I set a strict alarm for that maximum duration. It's amazing how such a short break can make you feel so refreshed afterward. Some people claim that short power naps of around 5 minutes can help them regain energy too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu