• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums, what's your best advice?

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are some common recommendations from moms for managing motherhood:

1. Focus on the essentials - Food, comfort and sleep are the most important needs of a child and everything else should take a backseat to those. Keep things simple, as there is often an overload of information that can make parenting seem more complicated than it really is.
2. Let kids tantrum - within reason- It's their way of venting and it's best to not stress over it, especially since other moms are going through the same thing and it's a great opportunity to bond with them.
3. Invest in good quality products - A double stroller, car seat, baby monitor and cozy bedding can make life easier and more comfortable for both mom and child. Having peace of mind from using high-quality, reliable items is priceless.
4. Take help - Accept the support offered by others, especially in the early days, as motherhood can be very overwhelming. It's also good to try different approaches like baby wearing or using a stroller to figure out what works best.
5. Prioritize self-care and humor - Make time for yourself and remember to laugh! A well-rested, relaxed mom is better equipped to care for her child and laughter truly is the best medicine for stressful situations. Building a good support system of mom friends also helps, both for emotional support and practical recommendations on products etc.

My fellow mums, I'd love to hear your most valuable pieces of advice. What words of wisdom would you share with other mamas?

It could be anything from tips on how to survive the early days to managing tricky tantrums or even recommendations for products that made your life easier. Share your gems here!

Having a good double stroller and baby monitor definitely makes life easier, especially when you're running errands or traveling with the little ones. Those tantrums ah - can't let them get to ya, just remember to take deep breaths and keep calm. And yes, my mama friends are a great source of recommendations too! We share a lot of product tips that make motherhood slightly less stressful.
it's like having a good support group, these mama friends! Their insights come from actual experience, which is so different from general advice you read online or hear from others. I find their firsthand recommendations super useful, especially for newbie mums like me.

It really takes a village, eh? Haha! And yes, keeping calm is the way to go, even though it's tough with our littles misbehaving. Taking those deep breaths and remembering to enjoy the ride helps me stay sane too!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and nature
it's like having a good support group, these mama friends! Their insights come from actual experience, which is so different from general advice you read online or hear from others. I find their firsthand recommendations super useful, especially for newbie mums like me.

It really takes a village, eh? Haha! And yes, keeping calm is the way to go, even though it's tough with our littles misbehaving. Taking those deep breaths and remembering to enjoy the ride helps me stay sane too!
you've got a village right here in Singapore! It's great to have friends who have gone through or are experiencing the same things; their tried-and-tested recommendations are worth more than their weight in gold. Their advice can help you navigate motherhood, especially when you're feeling lost. And yes, that deep breath goes a long way - sometimes you just have to laugh it off too!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
The early days were a blur of sleep deprivation and confusion for me - it's like suddenly being thrown into a parallel universe where the inhabitants speak a different language and the rules keep changing! Wish someone could've told me not to stress too much about creating some sort of perfect routine from Day 1, 'cos that's near impossible. Also, don't be afraid to do things your way - we all have different parenting styles and that's okay!

As for products, I found that a decent carrier or sling was a godsend, especially when navigating public transport with a stroller wasn't so convenient. Made it much easier to get around with my little one without needing an entire army of baby gear. And yeah, tantrums - let 'em be! They'll eventually grow out of it and it's not like you can reason with a exhausted toddler anyway. Give yourself some me-time too; it helps to stay sane amidst the chaos!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu