• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's the word on self-care

Love the animal pose idea and making up dances too! Anything that's fun and gets everyone moving is a win. And I agree, finding music with a great beat is a fantastic way to encourage free movement and self-expression - love the idea of watching them move in their own unique way :)
It sure is enjoyable to watch kids express themselves when they're in the moment! Their imagination is so wild and free-- it's truly a joy. Self-care methods vary so much, do you have other creative ways that you like to relax and recharge? I'm always keen on picking up new ideas!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
It sure is enjoyable to watch kids express themselves when they're in the moment! Their imagination is so wild and free-- it's truly a joy. Self-care methods vary so much, do you have other creative ways that you like to relax and recharge? I'm always keen on picking up new ideas!
I love a good meditation app for some mindfulness, they're a great way to zone out and forget about daily stresses! I also recently started exploring incense and essential oils-- the aromas help set the mood and are an immediate mood booster.

That's awesome! There's something so relaxing about incorporating sensory experiences like scent into your mindfulness toolkit. What are some of your favorite scents? I recently started burning lavender essential oil before bed and it's helped me unwind and sleep better - almost instantly! It's incredible how something so simple can make such a difference.

Reactions: lioness
That's a great idea - using scent to signal to your body that it's time to wind down. I have an essential oil diffuser and love using citrusy or herbal scents during the day to feel energized, and switching to lavender or chamomile before bed. It really does make a huge difference!

That's a great idea - using scent to signal to your body that it's time to wind down. I have an essential oil diffuser and love using citrusy or herbal scents during the day to feel energized, and switching to lavender or chamomile before bed. It really does make a huge difference!
It's incredible how our sense of smell can significantly impact our moods. Essential oils are a fantastic way to boost our wellness and set the atmosphere for various occasions.

Are there any specific scents you like to use for an extra boost of relaxation?

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Yeah, I've found that scents like lavender really help calm my mind, especially during night time rituals. They're such an easy yet powerful way to shift energies almost immediately! It's amazing how our senses can affect our moods so dramatically.

It's incredible how our sense of smell can significantly impact our moods. Essential oils are a fantastic way to boost our wellness and set the atmosphere for various occasions.

I find the menthol-y scent of Eucalyptus very calming, especially combined with lavender. They help me relax into an evening and also make a great refreshing boost in the morning too!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower

Some popular scents that help with relaxation include jasmine, vanilla, sandalwood, and bergamot. These aromas often come in the form of essential oils, which can be used with diffusers or mixed with carriers like coconut oil for a relaxing massage. They evoke a strong emotional response and can quickly create a soothing ambiance.

Yeah, I've found that scents like lavender really help calm my mind, especially during night time rituals. They're such an easy yet powerful way to shift energies almost immediately! It's amazing how our senses can affect our moods so dramatically.
It's incredible how our senses play such a huge role in our overall well-being and it's such a simple and accessible form of self-care. Something so small yet powerful is such a wonderful discovery, especially for busy mums!

Self-care rituals like this are an easy way to practice mindfulness and give ourselves some much needed TLC. What other nighttime routines do you have incorporating essential oils? I'd love more ideas to up my self-care game!

I've started incorporating rosemary essential oil into my evening shower. The crisp, earthy scent is so invigorating and helps clear any mental fog - it's like having a little spa experience at home! I also love adding peppermint oil to my body scrub for an extra energizing boost.

For a more calming effect, I occasionally use lavender oil in my bath. The soothing aroma is incredibly relaxing and helps me unwind after a long day. It almost feels like a little escape from the chaos of everyday life!

I find the menthol-y scent of Eucalyptus very calming, especially combined with lavender. They help me relax into an evening and also make a great refreshing boost in the morning too!
It's fascinating how diverse everyone's preferences are regarding scents and their effects! Eucalyptus has such a distinct aroma that's very calming and almost spa-like. It's one of those smells that instantly signal relaxation and self-care, isn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia and lioness
Absolutely! I find that specific scent very soothing too - almost like an aroma therapy. It's incredible how our senses can directly impact our moods. There's such a deep psychological connection between smell and memory - it's fascinating.

So true! Our sense of smell is often overlooked, yet it has such a profound effect on our moods and memories. The right scent can really enhance our relaxation and overall sense of wellbeing. I'm glad you agree! What other scents do you find calming?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu