• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Mindful Moments

Some activities that help me reconnect mindfully with my little one are:

1. Cloud watching - it's amazing how creative you can get naming shapes and animals together!

2. Searching for shapes in the night sky - it's a fun way to introduce constellations and planet names, sparking those conversations about the vast universe and our place in it. Cosying up under a blanket together outdoors also makes it extra special.

3. Creating art with natural objects - collecting fallen leaves, rocks, pinecones, or flowers and making art pieces or even just arranging them together. It's relaxing and taps into their creativity and imagination, plus it's eco-friendly!

4. Mindful hikes where we immerse ourselves in the senses: observing interesting sights, really taking in the sounds around us, smelling the roses, touching different textures, and even tasting any tasty treats the nature around us might offer!

5. Yoga and meditation - finding kid-friendly yoga poses and doing them together is so much fun and introduces them to the wonderful world of mindfulness and self-care.

These activities help create those magical moments and also allow me to slow down and appreciate each moment with my little one. I love hearing their perspective on things and these activities really bring us closer together!

1. Cloud watching - it's amazing how creative you can get naming shapes and animals together!

2. Searching for shapes in the night sky - it's a fun way to introduce constellations and planet names, sparking those conversations about the vast universe and our place in it. Cosying up under a blanket together outdoors also makes it extra special.

3. Creating art with natural objects - collecting fallen leaves, rocks, pinecones, or flowers and making art pieces or even just arranging them together. It's relaxing and taps into their creativity and imagination, plus it's eco-friendly!

4. Mindful hikes where we immerse ourselves in the senses: observing interesting sights, really taking in the sounds around us, smelling the roses, touching different textures, and even tasting any tasty treats the nature around us might offer!

5. Yoga and meditation - finding kid-friendly yoga poses and doing them together is so much fun and introduces them to the wonderful world of mindfulness and self-care.

These activities help create those magical moments and also allow me to slow down and appreciate each moment with my little one. I love hearing their perspective on things and these activities really bring us closer together!
I love the idea of connecting with nature through your senses. It's incredible how yoga and nature walks can make mindfulness accessible and fun for little ones.

My daughter enjoys helping with simple cooking tasks, which also become mini science lessons on taste buds and kitchen chemistry. We also enjoy reading books on nature topics like plant life cycles, which then prompt discussions about the wonders of nature and our curiosities about the world.

I'm all about cozy corner time too - snuggling up with pillows and blankets, looking at picture books together, and just enjoying each other's company in a comfy nook. That's one sure way to slow down and appreciate the simple joy of being together! ;)

Your activities sound delightful and very imaginative - cloud watching and stargazing are such simple yet captivating pastimes. I love how these activities are so educational yet presented in a fun and mindful way.

Nature-based activities like your art projects and mindful hikes tap into kids' curiosity and creativity, keeping things eco-friendly is also commendable! Yoga and meditation are fantastic for helping us reconnect and unwind together. The special bonding time and the opportunity to observe their curious perspectives make these moments so meaningful.

I love the idea of connecting with nature through your senses. It's incredible how yoga and nature walks can make mindfulness accessible and fun for little ones.

My daughter enjoys helping with simple cooking tasks, which also become mini science lessons on taste buds and kitchen chemistry. We also enjoy reading books on nature topics like plant life cycles, which then prompt discussions about the wonders of nature and our curiosities about the world.

I'm all about cozy corner time too - snuggling up with pillows and blankets, looking at picture books together, and just enjoying each other's company in a comfy nook. That's one sure way to slow down and appreciate the simple joy of being together! ;)
That sounds like precious family time. I love how these activities are so customizable to every family's interests and personalities. The coziness of those moments, especially snuggling up with adorable books, is such a heartwarming joy!

Absolutely! We had so much fun and giggles reading some stories - the kids really enjoy them selves and it's great bonding time too. Definitely creating special memories! Snuggling up with a good book is always a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

So much yes to all of this! Reading stories together and creating those snuggly, fun memories is such a wonderful, special bonding time. It's these mindful moments that really make motherhood so precious.

Reactions: happyfeet

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu