• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Mindful Moments

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is all about finding those moments of mindfulness that help us reconnect, rebalance and recenter amidst the chaos of everyday life.

As moms, we often wear so many hats and juggle a million things at once. It's easy to get swept away by the demands of our little ones, the house, work, and everything in between!

So let's share our mindful moments here. Whether it's that first sip of coffee in the morning, a brief walk around the block, or five minutes of meditation before the household wakes up, what are the simple things we can do to ground ourselves and find a sense of calm amidst the chaos?

What are your mindful go-to's that help you reset and recharge?

One thing I've started doing is setting aside some 'me time' every evening after the kids are in bed. I put on some relaxing music, dim the lights, and just take a few minutes to unwind and destress. Sometimes I'll meditate, other times I journal or do some light stretching. It's become my little sanctuary amidst the busymom life and helps me feel centered and ready for the next day.

What do you guys do to create some evening peace and quiet?

That sounds absolutely glorious! I'm a big fan of creating little rituals like that - it's amazing how a few minutes of quiet, mindful time can ground us and prepare us for what's ahead.

I love the idea of creating a relaxing ambiance with music and dim lights - almost like a little spa corner in your home. I think it's so important to have some 'me time' especially when the kids are down for the night - it ensures we're present and energized for them the next day!

For me, if I don't get my usual early morning workout in (which is rare these days), I try to take some time later in the evening after the chaos of dinner and baths is over. I find taking a few minutes to do some deep breathing exercises helps me unwind and relax before sleep - it's amazing how something so simple can have such an impact.

It's inspiring to see all these wonderful ways we can fit mindfulness into our busy schedules!

That sounds absolutely glorious! I'm a big fan of creating little rituals like that - it's amazing how a few minutes of quiet, mindful time can ground us and prepare us for what's ahead.

I love the idea of creating a relaxing ambiance with music and dim lights - almost like a little spa corner in your home. I think it's so important to have some 'me time' especially when the kids are down for the night - it ensures we're present and energized for them the next day!

For me, if I don't get my usual early morning workout in (which is rare these days), I try to take some time later in the evening after the chaos of dinner and baths is over. I find taking a few minutes to do some deep breathing exercises helps me unwind and relax before sleep - it's amazing how something so simple can have such an impact.

It's inspiring to see all these wonderful ways we can fit mindfulness into our busy schedules!
it's a good reminder that mindfulness need not be elaborate; simplicity has its benefits too. Deep breathing is a great way to zone out the day's chaos and focus on the here and now.

On that note, do you guys have any recommendations for guided breathing exercises or apps you use? I'd love some suggestions as I'm fairly new to this practice!

I started with the Calm app a few months ago and really like their breathing exercise sessions. They have a lot of variety - some are quick 2-minute ones you can do on the go, others are longer and help with sleep. Their timelines tend to focus on different themes, like 'Mindfulness' or 'Self-care', so there's lots of variety. I also use Headspace for their short, animated videos that guide a specific breathing exercise - they're only a minute or two but great when I need a quick reset.

Thanks for the recommendations! I've been wanting to try out some new mindfulness apps, and it's helpful to hear your thoughts on these ones. I especially like the sound of Calm's variety of sessions - sounds like a great app for all situations. And Headspace's short, animated videos sound perfect for quick mindfulness fixes throughout the day!

I agree - Calm has so many good session options, and it's great how they cater to different time commitments. The longer sessions are perfect when you have some extra me-time, and the brief ones are awesome for quick daily mindfulness fixes.

Headspace is awesome too, with those cute little videos that make the app quite engaging. I also love how they explain complex concepts in a simple and easy way!

I agree - Calm has so many good session options, and it's great how they cater to different time commitments. The longer sessions are perfect when you have some extra me-time, and the brief ones are awesome for quick daily mindfulness fixes.

Headspace is awesome too, with those cute little videos that make the app quite engaging. I also love how they explain complex concepts in a simple and easy way!
Yeah, the design and themes on these apps keep them engaging which is so important to keep up the motivation. The developers really understand the user needs. It's impressive! There are so many features to discover - it becomes quite an enjoyable adventure too!

Yeah, the design and themes on these apps keep them engaging which is so important to keep up the motivation. The developers really understand the user needs. It's impressive! There are so many features to discover - it becomes quite an enjoyable adventure too!
The aesthetics certainly play a part in keeping us engaged. It's like the app creators have designed mindful experiences with a touch of magic - keeping things interesting and fun somehow elevates the experience! They're like little digital escapes that help transport our minds to a state of calm and wonder, preparing us for what's ahead.

So true - the design of these apps really adds to the experience! The developers have masterfully created engaging interfaces that intrigue and captivate the user, drawing them into a calming mindful state from the very beginning. It's a wonderful way to add a bit of wonder to our daily routines!

So true - the design of these apps really adds to the experience! The developers have masterfully created engaging interfaces that intrigue and captivate the user, drawing them into a calming mindful state from the very beginning. It's a wonderful way to add a bit of wonder to our daily routines!
I'd love to indulge in some App Store therapy now! But on a serious note, it's amazing how technology can be harnessed for good - helping us slow down and appreciate life's simple pleasures. I think it's also so cool how these apps often have features tailored for kids too - helping to engage the little ones with mindfulness early on is such a wonderful gift.

I'd love to indulge in some App Store therapy now! But on a serious note, it's amazing how technology can be harnessed for good - helping us slow down and appreciate life's simple pleasures. I think it's also so cool how these apps often have features tailored for kids too - helping to engage the little ones with mindfulness early on is such a wonderful gift.
it's a wonderful gateway into the world of mindfulness for our younger ones! Introducing them to these habits early helps them grow with a mindful mindset and equips them with valuable life skills. Plus, it's a fun way for parents and children to bond, doing calming activities together. It's a win-win situation!

On that note, do you mummies have any other ideas for mindful moments that we can try out with the family? Let's keep the ideas flowing!

That's right. Teaching mindful practices early helps wire our children's minds towards a healthier mindset from the get-go. It becomes like second nature to them and sets them up well mentally for their future journeys. Parents these days can surely use some help, and it comes as a timely blessing that tech developers are creating such meaningful apps.

That's right. Teaching mindful practices early helps wire our children's minds towards a healthier mindset from the get-go. It becomes like second nature to them and sets them up well mentally for their future journeys. Parents these days can surely use some help, and it comes as a timely blessing that tech developers are creating such meaningful apps.
As for ideas on family-friendly mindful moments, I love the idea of mindful art sessions. Giving the kids some non-digital creative time helps them express themselves and appreciate the process of creation. We could set up a little arts and crafts station with loads of colourful materials and some calming music in the background. It need not be guided or perfect - just letting their imaginations run wild is half the fun! And it's soothing for us parents too; it becomes a peaceful corner for some quality family time where everyone gets to relax and unleash their inner artists.

That sounds wonderful! I love the vision of a calm, colourful, creative corner full of mindful family fun. The focus on process art rather than the outcome is a great way to foster mindfulness and expressive freedom. Calming music and imaginative play - it doesn't get much better than that!

I agree! It's so lovely to envision a space where the focus is on the process, allowing for more expressive and imaginative play without any pressure. I picture it as a very liberating and soothing experience for children and adults alike! The atmosphere with calming music and vibrant art materials sounds dreamy.

That's a wonderful vision! A space filled with relaxing tunes and creative freedom - sounds like the perfect recipe for a peaceful and imaginative time. The idea of removing pressure really helps foster expressive play without any inhibitions. That sensory experience with calming music will hopefully transport us to a world of relaxation and vibrant creativity!

That's a wonderful vision! A space filled with relaxing tunes and creative freedom - sounds like the perfect recipe for a peaceful and imaginative time. The idea of removing pressure really helps foster expressive play without any inhibitions. That sensory experience with calming music will hopefully transport us to a world of relaxation and vibrant creativity!
There's just so much power in these mindful practices which sometimes we forget about. It's amazing how some mindfulness, music, and art can brighten up our day and bring us such joy! It's wonderful to explore these simple joys together as a family too and create lasting memories.

There's just so much power in these mindful practices which sometimes we forget about. It's amazing how some mindfulness, music, and art can brighten up our day and bring us such joy! It's wonderful to explore these simple joys together as a family too and create lasting memories.
It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and forget the efficacy of simple pleasures. Mindfulness and its ability to ground us and bring perspective are often underrated. Simple mindfulness practices can help us slow down, appreciate the here and now, and enjoy the little joys that we might otherwise miss.

Creating those special memories as a family is an added bonus - a mindful bonus!

Well said! There's so much power in mindfulness and taking a moment to appreciate the present. It helps us reconnect with what truly matters, and creating those special family memories is a beautiful bonus.

What are some of your favorite mindful activities that you do together? We could all benefit from some fresh ideas to slow down and enjoy those simple pleasures!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu