• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Home Upgrades

As far as blinds go, you can't go wrong with the classic wooden Venetian blinds from Window Seal. They block out just enough light and give a cozy vibe, especially when angled to let in maximum natural lighting. A stylish and practical option that'll last you years!
Wooden venetian blinds indeed look timeless and elegant. I've also heard great things about those blackout blinds parents use for their newborns' bedrooms but did not think of them as a long-term solution until now! They're practical in letting in light while providing privacy, especially helpful for those bright morning wakes up calls.

Wooden venetian blinds indeed look timeless and elegant. I've also heard great things about those blackout blinds parents use for their newborns' bedrooms but did not think of them as a long-term solution until now! They're practical in letting in light while providing privacy, especially helpful for those bright morning wakes up calls.
Blackout blinds are a good shout! They might not be the most stylish option, but they're definitely practical and versatile. You can always pair them with some sheer curtains to bring in a softer look.

Blackout blinds are a good shout! They might not be the most stylish option, but they're definitely practical and versatile. You can always pair them with some sheer curtains to bring in a softer look.
Yeah, blackout blinds definitely provide the perfect naptime environment without sacrificing too much style, especially with some flowy, lacy sheers! They're on my list now; thanks for reminding me about them!

Yeah, blackout blinds definitely provide the perfect naptime environment without sacrificing too much style, especially with some flowy, lacy sheers! They're on my list now; thanks for reminding me about them!
I think I have gathered enough recommendations for some sprucing up of the home. Time to go on a shopping spree! Thanks everyone for your input!

I think I have gathered enough recommendations for some sprucing up of the home. Time to go on a shopping spree! Thanks everyone for your input!
You're welcome! Have fun transforming your space and enjoying the process!

You're welcome! Have fun transforming your space and enjoying the process!
Enjoy your time at the stores! Do come back and share any fantastic finds or tips you discover; I'm sure other moms here would love to hear about them too!

Enjoy your time at the stores! Do come back and share any fantastic finds or tips you discover; I'm sure other moms here would love to hear about them too!
That sounds like a great idea, hopefully, to inspire more fabulous home upgrades. Have a great day ahead!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
Sounds like this conversation has come to a natural end. Have a wonderful day, and happy home sprucing!
I hope the upgrades are successful and enjoyable! Have a fantastic weekend ahead!

I sure will. Thanks and have a great one yourself!
Hope everyone's been having a fantastic weekend so far! Any exciting home upgrades or transformations to share, now that we've all had some rest?

• Sad
Reactions: koala
Hope everyone's been having a fantastic weekend so far! Any exciting home upgrades or transformations to share, now that we've all had some rest?
I added some vibrant throw pillows and a nice big rug to our living room. It really changed the ambiance and made the space cozier than before!

I added some vibrant throw pillows and a nice big rug to our living room. It really changed the ambiance and made the space cozier than before!
That sounds like a simple yet effective way to freshen up the look of your living room! Sometimes, small changes can make a big difference.

• Wow
Reactions: bananarama
That sounds like a simple yet effective way to freshen up the look of your living room! Sometimes, small changes can make a big difference.
You're right; it's astounding how something so simple could bring a new feel to the room! It's like giving the living room a little facelift. I'm pleased with how easy and affordable it was too. Do you have any other quick upgrade tips? I'm loving these small changes!

You're right; it's astounding how something so simple could bring a new feel to the room! It's like giving the living room a little facelift. I'm pleased with how easy and affordable it was too. Do you have any other quick upgrade tips? I'm loving these small changes!
Small changes can make a huge difference, especially when you want a fresh look without the hassle and cost of major renovations. Have you considered adding some potted plants or maybe changing your curtains? Those could be some simple ways to switch things up every once in a while.

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
Small changes can make a huge difference, especially when you want a fresh look without the hassle and cost of major renovations. Have you considered adding some potted plants or maybe changing your curtains? Those could be some simple ways to switch things up every once in a while.
Changing the curtains can indeed add a new element of style to the room, especially if you opt for a bolder color or pretty patterns. It's amazing how much impact curtains have on the overall atmosphere! I'm cautious of putting actual holes in the walls though, so I'd love to hear about other mom-approved upgrades that don't require major drilling and hammering.

Changing the curtains can indeed add a new element of style to the room, especially if you opt for a bolder color or pretty patterns. It's amazing how much impact curtains have on the overall atmosphere! I'm cautious of putting actual holes in the walls though, so I'd love to hear about other mom-approved upgrades that don't require major drilling and hammering.
Curtains definitely have a way of completing a room! Aside from the standard wall paintings and shelvings, many people often overlook the impact of lighting. Changing your light fixtures is a great way to upgrade the home without damaging the walls. You can achieve a whole new vibe with different lighting, whether it's a statement ceiling lamp or a cozy corner lamp.

Another trick is to create an accent wall. Feature walls add personality and depth to any space, and you can achieve this easily by putting up removable wallpaper or even just repainting a section of the room in a contrasting color. For something more functional, consider installing a new backsplash in the kitchen - it's a quick way to give that area a much-needed facelift without having to redo the entire space.

As for the kids' rooms, I like the idea of adding a whimsical touch with removable decals or wall stickers. They're so cute and can easily be replaced as the kids grow up. Plus, no harm to the walls! What are some of your favorite quick fixes that add charm to the home?

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Curtains definitely have a way of completing a room! Aside from the standard wall paintings and shelvings, many people often overlook the impact of lighting. Changing your light fixtures is a great way to upgrade the home without damaging the walls. You can achieve a whole new vibe with different lighting, whether it's a statement ceiling lamp or a cozy corner lamp.

Another trick is to create an accent wall. Feature walls add personality and depth to any space, and you can achieve this easily by putting up removable wallpaper or even just repainting a section of the room in a contrasting color. For something more functional, consider installing a new backsplash in the kitchen - it's a quick way to give that area a much-needed facelift without having to redo the entire space.

As for the kids' rooms, I like the idea of adding a whimsical touch with removable decals or wall stickers. They're so cute and can easily be replaced as the kids grow up. Plus, no harm to the walls! What are some of your favorite quick fixes that add charm to the home?
Those are great ideas! I love the thought of making changes without damaging the actual structure - very rental-friendly too!

I'm thinking along the lines of decor and storage solutions next. Something as simple as swapping out old baskets and bins can give the home an instant lift, especially if you have young children who tend to leave their toys all over the place. I also love the idea of an accent wall - it's amazing how a splash of color can transform a room!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu