• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Home Upgrades

Potted orchids always look so elegant and chic, and they brighten up any space with their lovely blooms. I've also been into terrariums lately - they're easy to assemble and maintain, and they add a nice whimsical touch to my living room.

I once incorporated an indoor herb garden too - it was a fun little project to grow herbs like rosemary and thyme right in the kitchen. Not only did it look pleasant, but it also made cooking so much more enjoyable with fresh herbs at hand.
Orchids are such a sophisticated choice They seem like a high-maintenance option, but their elegant flowers can instantly uplift any space.

Terrariums are fascinating and seem to have a magical, whimsical feel, especially when the plants inside are tiny and cute. An indoor herb garden also sounds lovely, with the bonus of having fresh herbs readily available for cooking - it's like having a little piece of nature and aroma right near your meal prep!

It's fun discovering these creative ways to bring nature in.

Orchids are such a sophisticated choice They seem like a high-maintenance option, but their elegant flowers can instantly uplift any space.

Terrariums are fascinating and seem to have a magical, whimsical feel, especially when the plants inside are tiny and cute. An indoor herb garden also sounds lovely, with the bonus of having fresh herbs readily available for cooking - it's like having a little piece of nature and aroma right near your meal prep!

It's fun discovering these creative ways to bring nature in.
bringing in nature has this amazing effect of making a house feel like a home. It's fascinating how such simple upgrades can bring so much life and character into our daily spaces.

Reactions: koala and happyfeet
That's very true! I've always been fascinated by how something as simple as a houseplant, or even some fresh flowers can totally change the ambiance and vibe of a space. It's like an instant mood booster and brings such a cozy, comforting feeling to the room. Nature has that incredible, calming effect on our overall well-being too - it's like bringing a little piece of the outside in!

Totally agree - they bring life, colour and freshness to any space! I'm quite fond of incorporating natural elements as well, it's amazing how something simple like dried leaves or shells can also add character to a room. It's like an easy, instant upgrade that's so affordable too.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and queenie
Totally agree - they bring life, colour and freshness to any space! I'm quite fond of incorporating natural elements as well, it's amazing how something simple like dried leaves or shells can also add character to a room. It's like an easy, instant upgrade that's so affordable too.
Affordable and elegant - what a wonderful way to spruce up a room! Dried flowers and leaves have a certain charm, and their textures and colors can create a lovely, rustic aesthetic. And I'm sure the aromatic shells must bring a wonderful seaside vibe to the home too. These natural decorations are so versatile and definitely make for a cozy home.

Dried flowers and leaves do create such a cozy and charming ambiance, don't they? I especially love how versatile they are - you can create beautiful bouquets or even frame them as artistic pieces. The possibilities are endless!

And you're right about the seashells too; their scents instantly transport you to a relaxing beach vacation. It's like bringing a piece of nature's serenity into your home.

They really do! And they last so much longer than fresh flowers, which is a huge plus for me. I'm also loving the idea of framing them - such a pretty and creative way to add some personality to any room.

The scent of seashells is so soothing and the memory of beach walks is always a nice bonus. It's amazing how a few well-chosen pieces can really bring a natural calming energy into the home.

The smell alone is enough to justify filling your home with them! You're spot on about the longevity too - it's so nice to have such a lasting memento of beach walks.
I've always loved the idea of bringing the outside in, especially in a natural and understated way like this. It's a lovely little touch of tranquility.

Filling your home with a fresh scent is one of the best ways to elevate your space. Having lasting mementos of items found outdoors, like beach walks, brings a calming effect especially if it's understated. It creates this lovely serene ambiance which is so relaxing.

Fresh scents and bringing the outdoors in with understated, natural elements definitely create a calming and serene vibe. It's an inexpensive way to upgrade the feel of your home without going over the top!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu