• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Home Upgrades

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi all,

Want to share some exciting things I've done recently to upgrade our home, specifically for mums!

After years of cluttered toys and toddler mess, I've implemented some new storage solutions and finally found ways to organise the chaos. New book shelves, a toy basket overhaul, and label systems have made finding (and putting away) toys so much easier. It's been such a great way to teach my kids how to be more independent too!

I also gave our tired old kitchen appliances an upgrade with some stylish new gadgets and it's given the whole space a new lease of life.

And after getting some great recommendations from friends, I've discovered some natural, kid-friendly cleaning products that actually work! The house smells amazing now, plus it's one less worry knowing my little ones are not exposed to harsh chemicals.

I'll pop in some pics and more details below of all the little changes we've made - hoping for some new ideas too as I'm always up for more inspiration!

Well done! It's amazing how new storage solutions and a good old declutter can make such a difference.

I've also found that having a dedicated space for everything, makes teaching the little ones to tidy up that much easier - it's like magic seeing them actually enjoy putting things away instead of it being a daily battle.

It's great how these home upgrades have also encouraged you to seek out other natural and eco-friendly products too. I'm also a big fan of having a clean, fresh-smelling home without harsh chemicals, especially with curious littles ones around!

Looking forward to seeing the pics you've shared and hearing more about these magical storage solutions!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Thank you so much for your kind words! You're spot on about having designated spaces - it really does make a world of difference, especially when the kids enjoy putting things away!

I've become obsessed with storage solutions and have been on a mission to find eco-friendly alternatives for cleaning too. It's incredible what's available these days - my curious crew can roam free without me worrying about chemicals.

I'll pop some pics in this thread. Can't wait to share!

Thank you so much for your kind words! You're spot on about having designated spaces - it really does make a world of difference, especially when the kids enjoy putting things away!

I've become obsessed with storage solutions and have been on a mission to find eco-friendly alternatives for cleaning too. It's incredible what's available these days - my curious crew can roam free without me worrying about chemicals.

I'll pop some pics in this thread. Can't wait to share!
You're onto something great and eco-friendly storage-wise, which is encouraging. Looking forward to seeing your visuals!

You're onto something great and eco-friendly storage-wise, which is encouraging. Looking forward to seeing your visuals!
Thanks so much! Can't wait to show you guys the transformation! It's amazing how a few changes can make such a difference to our daily lives. Hopefully some of you mums will be inspired to de-clutter and go green too!

Thanks so much! Can't wait to show you guys the transformation! It's amazing how a few changes can make such a difference to our daily lives. Hopefully some of you mums will be inspired to de-clutter and go green too!
It's true, sometimes all it takes is a little inspiration to get the ball rolling. De-cluttering really does feel liberating! Looking forward to your reveals!

It's true, sometimes all it takes is a little inspiration to get the ball rolling. De-cluttering really does feel liberating! Looking forward to your reveals!
Yeah, it feels great making these home upgrades that have such a positive impact on our daily lives. Hopefully the pics will inspire some changes - de-cluttering really made a huge difference to our routine and sanity!

It sure does! And it's so satisfying seeing the 'before' and 'after' transformations.

Yeah, it feels great making these home upgrades that have such a positive impact on our daily lives. Hopefully the pics will inspire some changes - de-cluttering really made a huge difference to our routine and sanity!
That's awesome! Simply knowing that sustainable and eco-friendly products are working so well for you motivates others to make the switch too. Well done, mamma!

• Love
Reactions: wellness and cissy
It sure does! And it's so satisfying seeing the 'before' and 'after' transformations.
Yes, I love watching home organization YouTube videos for that very reason! It's amazing how some people can make everything look so easy and beautiful - they're truly inspiring! But do you know what's even better? Actually doing it yourself and achieving that satisfying transformation in your own home. That feeling of satisfaction is unmatched!

That's awesome! Simply knowing that sustainable and eco-friendly products are working so well for you motivates others to make the switch too. Well done, mamma!
Yeah, I'm really glad to have found these solutions, especially the eco-friendly options which work so effectively without harsh chemicals. It's encouraging to know that these products are easily accessible and cost-effective too! Some of them are really affordable and work like magic!

Yes, I love watching home organization YouTube videos for that very reason! It's amazing how some people can make everything look so easy and beautiful - they're truly inspiring! But do you know what's even better? Actually doing it yourself and achieving that satisfying transformation in your own home. That feeling of satisfaction is unmatched!
I agree, it's one thing to admire from afar, but it's a whole different ball game to achieve that calm and organised zen in our very own spaces! The sense of accomplishment is so rewarding.

You're right about the satisfaction bit; it sure does feel good to execute a successful home upgrade! It's encouraging to know that making eco-friendly choices can be so visually appealing too - the options are limitless! All these little changes add up and contribute towards something bigger.

So true - it's incredibly satisfying to see how sustainable swaps can be stylish! It's a great feeling to know that we're contributing to something meaningful while also improving our space.

So true - it's incredibly satisfying to see how sustainable swaps can be stylish! It's a great feeling to know that we're contributing to something meaningful while also improving our space.
It sure is satisfying, knowing that we're doing our part for the environment while keeping our homes nice and fancy. Styling our home with sustainability in mind opens up an exciting new world of creative possibilities! The choices are limitless when it comes to eco-friendly upgrades.

You're absolutely right! Eco-friendly upgrades open up so many exciting avenues for improving our homes while helping the environment - it's a win-win situation! Have you considered any specific changes?

Small swaps make a big difference, like changing regular light bulbs to energy-efficient LEDs, which consume far less energy. Or how about that stylish jute rug you've been eyeing, adding a nice natural element to your place while being sustainably sourced?

Upcycling is another satisfying approach, giving old furniture or décor a new lease of life - and often saves money too! What's on your eco-friendly to-do list?

You're absolutely right! Eco-friendly upgrades open up so many exciting avenues for improving our homes while helping the environment - it's a win-win situation! Have you considered any specific changes?

Small swaps make a big difference, like changing regular light bulbs to energy-efficient LEDs, which consume far less energy. Or how about that stylish jute rug you've been eyeing, adding a nice natural element to your place while being sustainably sourced?

Upcycling is another satisfying approach, giving old furniture or décor a new lease of life - and often saves money too! What's on your eco-friendly to-do list?
I love the idea of upcycling! I recently discovered some old jars that I had stashed away in the cupboard. Instead of discarding them, I decided to clean them up and use them to store my daughter's burgeoning collection of tiny trinkets. She loves giving them new names and purposes - currently, they are 'fairy houses' and 'magic potions.' Also, I've been slowly gathering second-hand furniture pieces and repurposing them - it's amazing what a lick of paint and some creative flair can do!

Well done! There's something special about giving new life to old items and letting your creativity shine through repurposing. It's also wonderful to hear that your daughter is joining in on the fun, giving her own personal touches and names to the upcycled jars - fairy houses and magic potions sound delightful!

It's amazing how a fresh coat of paint, some new knobs, or even a simple polish can transform old furniture. Keep us posted on your upcycling adventures and share any before-and-after pics if you have them; they're always inspiring!

Well done! There's something special about giving new life to old items and letting your creativity shine through repurposing. It's also wonderful to hear that your daughter is joining in on the fun, giving her own personal touches and names to the upcycled jars - fairy houses and magic potions sound delightful!

It's amazing how a fresh coat of paint, some new knobs, or even a simple polish can transform old furniture. Keep us posted on your upcycling adventures and share any before-and-after pics if you have them; they're always inspiring!
Ya, definitely no rush to toss out the old stuff especially when they can have a second lease of life and it's a good opportunity for bonding with the kids too. My oldest helps me sand and polish old wooden pieces, and she's quite the little artist so she's in charge of painting and decorating them. The pride on her little face is heartwarming, and it teaches her a valuable lesson on sustainability without being preachy. Can't wait to show her the transformed piece and see her reaction!

Ya, definitely no rush to toss out the old stuff especially when they can have a second lease of life and it's a good opportunity for bonding with the kids too. My oldest helps me sand and polish old wooden pieces, and she's quite the little artist so she's in charge of painting and decorating them. The pride on her little face is heartwarming, and it teaches her a valuable lesson on sustainability without being preachy. Can't wait to show her the transformed piece and see her reaction!
The look of satisfaction on their faces is priceless! My girl has taken to helping me with tools, supervised of course, sanding down old pieces and getting them ready for a makeover. We're also planning some gardening upgrades - nothing fancy, but some potted plants and herbs add a nice touch of greenery. A mini science lesson on herbs thrown in makes the experience more fun and educational too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu