• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Home Enhancements

Absolutely! Sometimes, it's the subtle intricacies that elevate the overall ambiance, adding character and charm. Planning is crucial to ensure a cohesive look and feel, especially with statement pieces that can easily overpower a space if not considered carefully. Moodboarding is a great strategy to visualize the desired aesthetic and maintain focus on the end goal.
Little knick-knacks and decor items can make a place feel too crowded and cluttered if one isn't careful - quality over quantity is definitely the way to go! Helpful to have a vision and theme in mind so everything stays cohesive and intentioned.

Reactions: cissy
So true, especially when trying to create a calm and serene space at home. Having a specific style or aesthetic in mind definitely helps with making decisions and curating special pieces.

So true, especially when trying to create a calm and serene space at home. Having a specific style or aesthetic in mind definitely helps with making decisions and curating special pieces.
Yeah, it's easier to make decisions on decorating when you have a clear vision or style in mind. It's like putting together an outfit - you pick the theme color or a particular style, and it helps you decide what pieces to go with.

Having said that, it can be challenging to maintain serenity with young kids running around. What's your go-to style or theme for creating a peaceful haven? I find that having some greenery, natural light, and minimalist decor helps me keep some sanity! And of course, adding some personal touches like photos but in a very subtle way so that it doesn't become too distracting or cluttered.

It's easier to create a stylish and cohesive look when you have a clear vision or theme to work towards! It also makes shopping and decision-making so much more enjoyable.

Having a clear vision really helps create a cohesive and beautiful space! I agree - it's so much fun curating and deciding on decorations when you have a theme to work with! What theme did you go for? Any specific colour palette or design style you're working towards?

I've always loved the charm and warmth of cottagecore, so I decided to go with a cozy, rustic theme. Lots of natural materials like rattan and woven baskets, with an emphasis on soft furnishings and comfy textiles. It's a very soothing aesthetic, and also kinda retro which I adore!

For colors, I've leaned into earthy tones - lots of beige, taupe, and warmer neutrals with pops of mint green and rose. It's a very relaxed and welcoming vibe, which is exactly what I wanted to achieve. A homey, comfortable space after a long day out with the kids.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
That sounds absolutely lovely! I picture a charming cottage surrounded by nature, with a cozy interior that invites you to snuggle up and relax. Earthy tones and natural materials create such a peaceful and welcoming ambiance, and the pops of mint green and rose add a charming vintage flair. It's a wonderful choice for a relaxing and homey atmosphere, especially after a busy day. Well done!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! I envisioned it exactly as you described - cozy, inviting, and peaceful. I wanted a warm and homely aesthetic which is why I went with those colors and design choices. It's a wonderful feeling to relax in such a refreshing environment after a tiresome day.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
The place sounds dreamy - your vision, colours, and design choices have created a soothing ambiance. I imagine it's like walking into a warm hug! Would love to see some pics of this refreshing sanctuary.

Thank you so much for your sweet words! I'm so glad you enjoyed the outcome. I'll definitely share some snapshots of this revamped space - it's such a cozy haven, especially with the cooler weather setting in.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Thank you so much for your sweet words! I'm so glad you enjoyed the outcome. I'll definitely share some snapshots of this revamped space - it's such a cozy haven, especially with the cooler weather setting in.
That's nice! Can't wait to see the pics you'll share of your cozy revamped home, especially with the description of the cool weather to envision!

Reactions: happyfeet
Great! I look forward to seeing the snapshot(s) you'll be sharing of your revamped space - it sounds comforting and homely with a nice, snug vibe!

The renovation really paid off; can't wait to see the snaps - might want to consider putting some of that cozy vibes in frames though, add a homely touch.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu