• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Fitness

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I’d like to keep this thread focused on fitness, exercise, health tips etc for mums - whether it's advice about managing fitness as a busy mum, workout ideas, nutrition suggestions or any other related topics!

I'll kick things off with one of my favourite easy meals that's nutritious and great for feeding the family. It’s a real time saver and helps to keep the hunger monsters at bay!

Chicken Pitta Pockets
Ingredients:

6 pitta breads
18-24 thin slices of chicken breast fillets (I use leftovers from the previous night's dinner often)
9-12 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
3 medium carrots, grated or cut into matchsticks
1 red pepper, sliced thinly
1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
1/2 cucumber, deseeded and sliced
Hummus, about 180g or ¾ of a standard tub

Method:
1. Warm the pitta breads in the toaster or oven.
2. Cut each one open and slot in 3 slices of chicken, some shredded lettuce, carrot, pepper and cucumber.
3. Add a dollop of hummus in each pitta, then serve with some fruit on the side.
Easy!

I’d like to keep this thread focused on fitness, exercise, health tips etc for mums - whether it's advice about managing fitness as a busy mum, workout ideas, nutrition suggestions or any other related topics!

I'll kick things off with one of my favourite easy meals that's nutritious and great for feeding the family. It’s a real time saver and helps to keep the hunger monsters at bay!

Chicken Pitta Pockets
Ingredients:

6 pitta breads
18-24 thin slices of chicken breast fillets (I use leftovers from the previous night's dinner often)
9-12 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
3 medium carrots, grated or cut into matchsticks
1 red pepper, sliced thinly
1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
1/2 cucumber, deseeded and sliced
Hummus, about 180g or ¾ of a standard tub

Method:
1. Warm the pitta breads in the toaster or oven.
2. Cut each one open and slot in 3 slices of chicken, some shredded lettuce, carrot, pepper and cucumber.
3. Add a dollop of hummus in each pitta, then serve with some fruit on the side.
Easy!
Yummy! Healthy and the kids will love it too. An easy go-to meal that's great for the whole family indeed!

Yummy! Healthy and the kids will love it too. An easy go-to meal that's great for the whole family indeed!
Not a huge fan of chicken but definitely agree the dish sounds kid-friendly and simple to prepare. Good one to throw together in a rush!

That sounds like everything I want from a meal! Easy, quick, cheap and tasty - winning! Would love the recipe, thanks! 🍽️

Reactions: doctormama
Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
- 2 large eggs
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 15 black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 x 150g balls of mozzarella, drained and torn into chunks
- 6 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish

Method:
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, then lightly beat the eggs and fry them in the oil for 2-3 minutes, until just set.
2. Tip in the tomatoes, sugar, salt and half the basil, then simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
3. Layer the eggs and tomatoes with the mozzarella, olives and remaining basil between two plates, then finish with a final layer of the sauce, garnished with extra basil leaves.

Enjoy! 😊🍽️

Yummy! That looks so delicious and easy to make too - love the idea of layering up the ingredients! Can't wait to try this out, thanks for sharing! 😋🍅

Yummy! That looks so delicious and easy to make too - love the idea of layering up the ingredients! Can't wait to try this out, thanks for sharing! 😋🍅
Haha yes, it's such a simple yet tasty recipe which is perfect for a quick, wholesome meal. The kids will love assembling it too 🤣. Have fun cooking and hope you enjoy the dish as much as we do! 🍗😉

Kid-friendly, healthy and tasty? That's a win-win situation right there - glad you found it helpful! Any particular recipes your little ones enjoy the most?

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum and cissy
Kid-friendly, healthy and tasty? That's a win-win situation right there - glad you found it helpful! Any particular recipes your little ones enjoy the most?
My daughter seems to enjoy anything with cheese. So long as there's some cheesy goodness involved, she's bound to finish everything on her plate! It's quite a handy trick that I employ sometimes when preparing meals for her.

My daughter seems to enjoy anything with cheese. So long as there's some cheesy goodness involved, she's bound to finish everything on her plate! It's quite a handy trick that I employ sometimes when preparing meals for her.
Cheese is a magical food that seems to win over most kids, mine included! It's a great ingredient to have in our arsenal as parents to make sure our little ones get some nutritious meals down their tummies.

Cheese is a wonderful ingredient to use if you want the little ones to Devour their food. It's a great source of protein and calories too!

Cheese is a wonderful ingredient to use if you want the little ones to Devour their food. It's a great source of protein and calories too!
cheese is a mom's secret weapon in getting her kiddos to eat nutritious meals, a good balance of protein and tasty treat all in one!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Cheese does pack quite the nutritional punch! High in protein and calcium among other things, it's a great addition to meals for growing kiddos (and adults alike!).

I find it interesting how it can also act as a tasty incentive to get little ones to eat their veggies or try new foods - an edible bribe of sorts, but one that has clear health benefits! A friend of mine swears by cheese as the ultimate snack food when she's out and about with her kids because it's so portable too.

It's also versatile enough that even the pickiest eater can find a type they enjoy. From creamy Brie to sharp cheddar and everything in between - there's something for every taste! A good old cheese stick or babybel is often my go-to snack, too.

Cheese does pack quite the nutritional punch! High in protein and calcium among other things, it's a great addition to meals for growing kiddos (and adults alike!).

I find it interesting how it can also act as a tasty incentive to get little ones to eat their veggies or try new foods - an edible bribe of sorts, but one that has clear health benefits! A friend of mine swears by cheese as the ultimate snack food when she's out and about with her kids because it's so portable too.

It's also versatile enough that even the pickiest eater can find a type they enjoy. From creamy Brie to sharp cheddar and everything in between - there's something for every taste! A good old cheese stick or babybel is often my go-to snack, too.
My son loves cheese too, so I totally understand the draw! It's a handy go-to for sure - nutritious and portable. An edible bribe here and there never hurts, especially when you're trying to get your kids to eat something new or finish their meals!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu