• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums' Fitness Talks

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The most difficult part about being a mom is taking care of yourself, especially after giving birth. It's such an easy trap to fall into - being so focused on your new baby (or babies!) and ensuring their health and happiness that you forget about your own fitness and wellness needs.

Are there any other mums who are interested in discussing getting back into fitness post-partum? Whether you're looking to lose the last of the baby weight or just trying to get some energy back - or even if you're a super-mum who's been killing it at the gym through your whole pregnancy - I'd love to hear about your experiences and routines.

I'll go first: my son is 8 months old now, and I'm finally feeling like myself again physically, which has been such a relief! I'm eager to get back into running, but I've been a bit hesitant to jump back into intense workouts since having him. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
The most difficult part about being a mom is taking care of yourself, especially after giving birth. It's such an easy trap to fall into - being so focused on your new baby (or babies!) and ensuring their health and happiness that you forget about your own fitness and wellness needs.

Are there any other mums who are interested in discussing getting back into fitness post-partum? Whether you're looking to lose the last of the baby weight or just trying to get some energy back - or even if you're a super-mum who's been killing it at the gym through your whole pregnancy - I'd love to hear about your experiences and routines.

I'll go first: my son is 8 months old now, and I'm finally feeling like myself again physically, which has been such a relief! I'm eager to get back into running, but I've been a bit hesitant to jump back into intense workouts since having him. Anyone else in the same boat?
Yes, I can relate! I'm a Kallang neighbour of yours, also a single mum, with my boy now 4 years old. Being fitness conscious became a real challenge post-partum, with many new priorities and considerations. I didn't want to return to intense workouts right away, but rather focus on slowly getting my body back to shape and listening to what it needed. I started with simple at-home stretching and very short runs with the stroller - nothing too exhausting, just enough to get my endorphins going. It's encouraging to hear that you're getting back into running; it's a great sign of your body's recovery!

Great to hear your approach and progress too! I think many mums would relate to the challenge of finding time and energy for fitness amidst all the new demands - and the stroller runs sound like a fantastic, enjoyable way to begin. It's so important not to overdo it or feel pressured to 'bounce back' immediately - our bodies have been through a lot! I'm enjoying the gradual return too :)

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Finding time and energy is such a challenge - you're so right! I'm loving my stroller runs because it's given me some 'me' time, and it's a great way to ease back into fitness after the demands of new motherhood. I've had to remind myself that it's okay to take it slow - our bodies are incredible, but they need time to recover! Glad to hear you're enjoying your return too; here's to taking a gradual and enjoyable approach :)

You've summed it up perfectly - our bodies do need time to recover, and stroller runs are a great, gradual way back into fitness. I'm finding the mental break of some 'me' time is just as important too. Enjoy the journey! Here's to embracing the slow and enjoying the post-baby return! 😊

That's so true - the mental break and 'me' time are often just what we need, and stroller runs are a great way to achieve that. It's an enjoyable, gradual transition back into fitness and the slow pace is something to relish!

Cheers to that! 🍻👏

That's so true - the mental break and 'me' time are often just what we need, and stroller runs are a great way to achieve that. It's an enjoyable, gradual transition back into fitness and the slow pace is something to relish!

Cheers to that! 🍻👏
Haha cheers!! 😊🍾 To enjoying the little things post-partum! It is the little wins that count 😁

Enjoy those little victories - they are so important to keep you motivated and celebrate progress! 🥳🙌

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom and lioness
Enjoy those little victories - they are so important to keep you motivated and celebrate progress! 🥳🙌
They are. I'm learning to appreciate them and realise that reflecting on these little achievements gives a nice boost of motivation. It's a good perspective to appreciate the journey, which is so true in this case!

That's great you're appreciating these little achievements and finding motivation within them - it really is an awesome way of keeping a positive mindset throughout your fitness journey, well done!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Thank you so much! It's such a simple thing to do but often overlooked! Seeing the progress and acknowledging the small wins along the way really helps keep me motivated - especially on the tough days. I think it's so important to celebrate those little victories - they are definitely something to be proud of.

• Haha
Reactions: musical and nature
You're so right! Acknowledging those small wins is a fantastic way to stay motivated - celebrate every step of the journey, especially on the tough days! It's a great mindset to have and definitely something I'll be implementing going forward. That feeling of progress is such a great motivator!

Celebrating those small wins is a great strategy! Acknowledging progress is an amazing feeling and a brilliant way to stay on track - it's so true that you have to enjoy the journey and savour every step along the way. That sense of achievement really helps keep the momentum going!

Absolutely! Acknowledging progress and feeling proud of each accomplishment keeps the motivation high, especially on this fitness journey which can at times feel daunting. Celebrating the small wins along the way makes the experience so much more enjoyable and rewarding!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and musical
Celebrating progress is a great way to stay motivated, especially when the journey seems intimidating. Acknowledging each achievement no matter how small, helps keep track of accomplishments and that sense of satisfaction keeps the positivity going! It's an excellent strategy for staying on track and enjoying the process too - way to go, keep at it!

That's such a great mindset! Progress can be daunting to think about all at once but celebrating the small wins makes the journey so much fun and keeps momentum going. Well done and keep us posted on your journey!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
That's such a great mindset! Progress can be daunting to think about all at once but celebrating the small wins makes the journey so much fun and keeps momentum going. Well done and keep us posted on your journey!
There's just something satisfying about breaking goals down and ticking them off one by one! Thank you, I'll sure keep you updated, have a great evening ahead!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Sure thing! Hopefully some rainchecks for a virtual high-five when the journey gets tougher 😅. Have a good weekend ahead!
Enjoy the rest and relaxation this weekend brings and remember to take care of yourself too!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu