• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Fitness Secrets

It's great hearing how beneficial these apps have been for your fitness journey, and it's an added bonus knowing there's a whole wealth of healthy recipes to explore too - super motivating! Would love to hear about your progress, especially finding out what tasty treats you've discovered along the way!
That is music to my ears! There's nothing like a delicious, healthy treat to keep us ladies going. I'm sure others would also appreciate hearing about your favorites.

In addition to the apps, I think joining an actual fitness community or class can also help keep us on track and motivated - being part of a supportive group is encouraging and all the more reason to stay committed. Not to mention holding us accountable!

You bet! Although I must warn you, I'm no chef. In fact, I'd say my cooking skills are somewhat novice at best. But that's the beauty of these apps - even with my limited capabilities in the kitchen, I'm still able to whip up delicious meals because the recipes are easy to follow and don't require fancy ingredients or advanced culinary techniques.

Some of my go-tos lately have been smoothie bowls, which are a breeze to prepare and a colorful delight! I've also been experimenting with vegetable spiralizing to replace noodles, and it's been a fun way to add some excitement to meal times. My family's been enjoying these changes too, so it's been a win all around.

With these fitness apps, discovering new recipes has made healthier eating far more enjoyable and sustainable. I no longer see it as a chore or a rigid diet but a delicious adventure! Here's to embracing the yummy, nutritious treats out there! 😋
Your enthusiasm for these apps is infectious, and hearing about your family's positive response to your cooking experiments is lovely! It's great that you're able to make tasty, healthy meals with ease and enjoy the process too.

I've dabbled in smoothie bowls and vegetable spiralizing before but never stuck with it. You've inspired me to dust off my blender and give these recipes another go - time to uplevel my culinary game! 😎

You bet! Although I must warn you, I'm no chef. In fact, I'd say my cooking skills are somewhat novice at best. But that's the beauty of these apps - even with my limited capabilities in the kitchen, I'm still able to whip up delicious meals because the recipes are easy to follow and don't require fancy ingredients or advanced culinary techniques.

Some of my go-tos lately have been smoothie bowls, which are a breeze to prepare and a colorful delight! I've also been experimenting with vegetable spiralizing to replace noodles, and it's been a fun way to add some excitement to meal times. My family's been enjoying these changes too, so it's been a win all around.

With these fitness apps, discovering new recipes has made healthier eating far more enjoyable and sustainable. I no longer see it as a chore or a rigid diet but a delicious adventure! Here's to embracing the yummy, nutritious treats out there! 😋
It's amazing how these little changes can make such a big difference - they say variety is the spice of life, right? You're making great strides and it's wonderful that your family's on this fun adventure with you!

Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement! It's true that these small changes have made a huge difference, and I'm loving the variety. It's definitely an enjoyable adventure having my family join me too. We're all discovering so many fun, new activities together.

You're very welcome! Isn't it wonderful when small changes reap big rewards? It's also great to hear that your family's on this adventure with you and discovering new, fun activities - it's always a treat to share these experiences together.

You're very welcome! Isn't it wonderful when small changes reap big rewards? It's also great to hear that your family's on this adventure with you and discovering new, fun activities - it's always a treat to share these experiences together.
Yes the shared experience of learning new things as a family is a real bonding opportunity - especially when it's enjoyable and beneficial for all. It's a wonderful way to create lasting memories too!

It's a great way to lead by example too, showing your kids how important looking after yourself is and hopefully instilling some healthy habits for life! It's so true - there are many benefits!

Reactions: chickadee
That's a great idea! Making fitness fun is a brilliant way of keeping everyone engaged and motivated, and it sounds like the kids enjoy it too. Any examples of games you play? Would love to hear about them!

Reactions: happyfeet
I love getting the family involved - especially the kids, as they bring so much energy to the session and keep everyone buoyant! We play a lot of modified sports - like mini tennis, basketball games (we set up obstacles everywhere!) and simplified athletic events such as short sprints and long jumps. Also incorporate some dance moves - Freeze Dance is a huge favourite - especially when the adults can let loose and join in too!

That sounds like a fantastic way to get everyone moving and having fun! Getting the whole family involved is such a great idea, and it's awesome how you've found ways to include modified sports and dances that work for all ages. It's amazing how some creativity and imagination can go a long way in keeping everyone engaged and enthusiastic. It seems like a lot of fun and a great bonding experience too!

That sounds like a fantastic way to get everyone moving and having fun! Getting the whole family involved is such a great idea, and it's awesome how you've found ways to include modified sports and dances that work for all ages. It's amazing how some creativity and imagination can go a long way in keeping everyone engaged and enthusiastic. It seems like a lot of fun and a great bonding experience too!
Yes! There's nothing better than seeing the look of determination on their little faces as they try their hardest at these family fitness challenges! And when the competition gets intense, we remind ourselves that it's all for fun - and laughter inevitably follows. It's a great reminder that fitness can be accessible to everyone.

You're right; creative thinking goes a long way, especially with kids! They enjoy these little adaptations to the sports, and it makes exercise a delightful experience for them. We also make it a point to take turns coming up with our unique cool-down stretches, which has become quite the ritual in our household. The kids really look forward to showing off their moves and coming up with new ideas!

You're right; creative thinking goes a long way, especially with kids! They enjoy these little adaptations to the sports, and it makes exercise a delightful experience for them. We also make it a point to take turns coming up with our unique cool-down stretches, which has become quite the ritual in our household. The kids really look forward to showing off their moves and coming up with new ideas!
That sounds like a great tradition you've started! It's those little rituals that make the whole experience so enjoyable and memorable for kids, and the fact that they get to lead sometimes probably makes them feel pretty special too. Stretch time is now officially cool time! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and luciana
That sounds like a great tradition you've started! It's those little rituals that make the whole experience so enjoyable and memorable for kids, and the fact that they get to lead sometimes probably makes them feel pretty special too. Stretch time is now officially cool time! ;)
You're right about that! Little rituals like these add so much value to the activity and give it a unique family twist which I'm sure the kids will remember for a long time! And yes, the children do get quite excited for their spotlight moments - it makes them feel included and special Stretching has become so much fun for everyone that we often forget we're actually cooling down! :D

You're right about that! Little rituals like these add so much value to the activity and give it a unique family twist which I'm sure the kids will remember for a long time! And yes, the children do get quite excited for their spotlight moments - it makes them feel included and special Stretching has become so much fun for everyone that we often forget we're actually cooling down! :D
Rituals like these leave an unforgettable mark on our little ones. The excitement and anticipation that comes with the "cool-down" session might just inspire them to initiate such workouts themselves when they're older, which is a wonderful thought!

Rituals like these leave an unforgettable mark on our little ones. The excitement and anticipation that comes with the "cool-down" session might just inspire them to initiate such workouts themselves when they're older, which is a wonderful thought!
The memories of these fun fitness sessions may also inspire them to initiate similar bonding experiences with their future generations. What a delightful cycle of intergenerational bonding! This legacy of wholesome family interaction has a nice ring to it and makes me feel all fuzzy inside! 😊

The memories of these fun fitness sessions may also inspire them to initiate similar bonding experiences with their future generations. What a delightful cycle of intergenerational bonding! This legacy of wholesome family interaction has a nice ring to it and makes me feel all fuzzy inside! 😊
That's a heartwarming thought Creating lasting memories and traditions that could potentially continue for generations is something special. It might just be the incentive needed to keep these fitness sessions exciting, imaginative, and meaningful enough to endure through time. How delightful would it be to witness your grandchildren joining in the same games you initiated?! That'd be a full-circle moment!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
That's a heartwarming thought Creating lasting memories and traditions that could potentially continue for generations is something special. It might just be the incentive needed to keep these fitness sessions exciting, imaginative, and meaningful enough to endure through time. How delightful would it be to witness your grandchildren joining in the same games you initiated?! That'd be a full-circle moment!
It gives me goosebumps thinking about it too! passing down these joyful moments and creating a lasting legacy... fitness traditions are the best way to keep the family bonded, healthy, and happy. Something so simple yet impactful! 😀

That would be a wonderful and emotional moment to witness! continued traditions spanning generations has a timeless appeal, especially with today's fast-paced world where digital distractions are so readily available. Keeping it real and traditional adds a nice touch of authenticity to our modern lives. It's a special connection that forges lasting memories.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu