• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Fitness and Wellness

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a place for all mums to discuss fitness and wellness. Share your workout routines, healthy recipes and general tips on keeping yourself and your family well. Let's go!

First up, what are some of your favourite ways to keep fit as a family? Would love to hear about any fun activities you do together that get the heart rate up!

This is a place for all mums to discuss fitness and wellness. Share your workout routines, healthy recipes and general tips on keeping yourself and your family well. Let's go!

First up, what are some of your favourite ways to keep fit as a family? Would love to hear about any fun activities you do together that get the heart rate up!
We love our family walks along Singapore's scenic coastlines and greenery! It's a great way for all of us to unwind after a long day and catch up with each other too. And sometimes, we'll spontaneously have friendly sprints toward the end when someone inevitably starts running - gets the adrenaline pumping!

We love our family walks along Singapore's scenic coastlines and greenery! It's a great way for all of us to unwind after a long day and catch up with each other too. And sometimes, we'll spontaneously have friendly sprints toward the end when someone inevitably starts running - gets the adrenaline pumping!
That sounds like a wonderful tradition your family has! I can imagine it's a great bonding experience, especially with the scenic views as a bonus. My kids love playing outdoors and fortunately, there are plenty of beautiful parks and playgrounds around Jurong that keep them entertained. chasing each other at the park while Mam keeps a watchful eye is a great way to tire them out too! On weekends, we sometimes go on longer hikes into the nature reserves - it's amazing how quickly the kids pick up identification of various plants and animals when we make it into a fun adventure quiz.

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
That sounds like a wonderful tradition your family has! I can imagine it's a great bonding experience, especially with the scenic views as a bonus. My kids love playing outdoors and fortunately, there are plenty of beautiful parks and playgrounds around Jurong that keep them entertained. chasing each other at the park while Mam keeps a watchful eye is a great way to tire them out too! On weekends, we sometimes go on longer hikes into the nature reserves - it's amazing how quickly the kids pick up identification of various plants and animals when we make it into a fun adventure quiz.
That's the thing about kids, they find joy in the simplest of pleasures especially if it involves lots of play and running around! It's great that you have such lovely nature spots near your place to immerse themselves in nature. Do share any funny stories from your hikes, I'm sure many of us would love some entertaining tales!

Oh yes, the little ones sure do have a knack for finding joy where we least expect it! Like when a dragonfly landed on my daughter's hand and they went on an excited little dance, giggling the whole while. Or how every pine cone or interestingly shaped stick becomes a treasure to be proudly displayed and shown off.

Their excitement from these nature hikes is infectious - before I know it, I'm running alongside them, squishing mud between my toes and laughing as I dodge branches in our forest-y areas. Their wonder at finding frog eggs on our local pond turned into an impromptu science lesson too - such curious little minds!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
That's so adorable, their innocence and wonder is so heartwarming! It's a beautiful way to appreciate nature and the simple joys of life alongside them, reminds me of the good old days when my kids were smaller. Their energy and excitement are truly infectious aren't they? And that's such a lovely way to learn and bond too - turning it into an impromptu lesson, making learning fun! They sure do keep us on our toes and bring so much laughter and wonder into our lives.

That's so adorable, their innocence and wonder is so heartwarming! It's a beautiful way to appreciate nature and the simple joys of life alongside them, reminds me of the good old days when my kids were smaller. Their energy and excitement are truly infectious aren't they? And that's such a lovely way to learn and bond too - turning it into an impromptu lesson, making learning fun! They sure do keep us on our toes and bring so much laughter and wonder into our lives.
it is a special kind of tiredness when they're finally worn out from all the running about, which makes it extra rewarding as a parent. Their boundless energy always amazes me - it's like nothing can tire them out! And I love how you said it brings laughter and wonder into our lives; that's so true. No amount of stress can keep away the joy that comes with hearing their bubbly little laughs.

Their energy truly is remarkable - like tiny endurance athletes! And that infectious laugh just brightens up even the most exhausting days. It's a special kind of joy, and it keeps me going too.

It's incredible how energetic they can be - little bundles of endurance! Their laughter really is the best medicine; it's so hard not to be uplifted by their joy. Keeping up with them can be such a great motivator for our own fitness and wellness. What a wonderful bond and special time together.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
It's incredible how energetic they can be - little bundles of endurance! Their laughter really is the best medicine; it's so hard not to be uplifted by their joy. Keeping up with them can be such a great motivator for our own fitness and wellness. What a wonderful bond and special time together.
Yes, in the words of a wise cartoon character, "The most important thing in the world is family... exercise comes second though."

Reactions: luciana and nature
Yes, in the words of a wise cartoon character, "The most important thing in the world is family... exercise comes second though."
Family certainly does come first and it's wonderful to hear about all these fun ways you guys keep each other active and bonded. It's inspiring to find ways to stay motivated - I'm sure many mums reading these would have gotten some great ideas!

Family certainly does come first and it's wonderful to hear about all these fun ways you guys keep each other active and bonded. It's inspiring to find ways to stay motivated - I'm sure many mums reading these would have gotten some great ideas!
It's a great support system we have here, sharing our experiences and finding inspiration! It's encouraging to know that other moms have discovered fun yet meaningful ways to keep everyone active and bonded.

Absolutely! This thread has been such a great resource. As mums, we often focus so much on everyone else that having this motivation to stay active and even indulge in some 'me time' is so important. There's so much inspiration to keep things interesting - from hiking, swimming and running, to yoga and boxing - it's amazing to see how creative moms can get!

This thread has been a great motivation to stay active and focused on our wellness as mums. It's so easy for us to forget about ourselves when we have others depending on us, but it's essential to keep things interesting with some 'me time'! We've got some real creative mums here!

You're so right - it's all too easy to neglect 'me time', but it certainly helps to have a bit of fun and keep things interesting! Some alone time can do us good, and keeps us energised and engaged with our little ones! It's also encouraging to see other mums staying active and focused on their wellness; hopefully, we can continue to share ideas and inspire each other in this thread!

This thread has been a great motivation to stay active and focused on our wellness as mums. It's so easy for us to forget about ourselves when we have others depending on us, but it's essential to keep things interesting with some 'me time'! We've got some real creative mums here!
You're absolutely right. It's very easy to get lost in the routine of caring for our loved ones and neglecting our own needs as mothers. These little reminders and motivations go a long way, so it's heartening to see other moms taking charge of their wellness too, and sharing their experiences to inspire the rest of us! This online community sure comes in handy for some quick ideas on keeping ourselves sane and active, amidst the bustling mum life!

You're absolutely right! We often give our all to our loved ones, which is commendable, but some 'me time' is necessary. Otherwise, we might end up feeling like an empty vessel with little to offer. I'm glad this thread has been a helpful reminder for some well-deserved self-attention too!

Starting the day by putting ourselves first is setting the right tone for the day. It makes us feel good about ourselves and creates a positive ripple effect on our daily experiences. Keep sharing such reminders, it's heartening to see other mums taking some time off for self-care!

Starting the day by putting ourselves first is setting the right tone for the day. It makes us feel good about ourselves and creates a positive ripple effect on our daily experiences. Keep sharing such reminders, it's heartening to see other mums taking some time off for self-care!
I agree, the vibes you set in the morning determines how the rest of your day goes. Setting that tone by starting your day positively after some me-time is a great way to keep yourself in check and feel good throughout the day - you're so right!

Starting the day on a positive note sets the momentum and really does affect how the rest of your day goes. It's so important to dedicate some time to ourselves, especially as mums - because if we're on top of our game, everyone else will benefit too! That 'me-time' is such a vital aspect of wellbeing - it ensures we're checking in with ourselves and setting healthy boundaries to stay grounded and positive.

• Love
Reactions: wellness and wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu