• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum-to-be Essentials

Absolutely! You want to ensure you enjoy some 'me' time and indulge in some self-care as you'll soon be spending a lot of time caring for your little one. Preparing for a baby can be tiring, so taking a moment to relax is essential and will help keep that excitement and enthusiasm topped up!

Home spa treatments are a fantastic idea - especially hair masks as they're an easy way to feel a little luxurious and pampered without having to move mountains to leave the house, plus they're so soothing! Enjoy that quiet time, you've earned it.

Reactions: doctormama
Absolutely! You want to ensure you enjoy some 'me' time and indulge in some self-care as you'll soon be spending a lot of time caring for your little one. Preparing for a baby can be tiring, so taking a moment to relax is essential and will help keep that excitement and enthusiasm topped up!

Home spa treatments are a fantastic idea - especially hair masks as they're an easy way to feel a little luxurious and pampered without having to move mountains to leave the house, plus they're so soothing! Enjoy that quiet time, you've earned it.
Yes, I can't agree more! It's so true that preparing for a baby is tiresome and those little moments of indulgence help to keep us excited and motivated. Not long till the little one arrives, so might as well make the most of these peaceful solo moments while I still can!

Hair masks are my go-to self-care indulgence; they're an affordable luxurious feeling without the salon price tag. Plus, it's so satisfying when you can knock a few hours of beauty treatments into one relaxing session at home.

Yes, I can't agree more! It's so true that preparing for a baby is tiresome and those little moments of indulgence help to keep us excited and motivated. Not long till the little one arrives, so might as well make the most of these peaceful solo moments while I still can!

Hair masks are my go-to self-care indulgence; they're an affordable luxurious feeling without the salon price tag. Plus, it's so satisfying when you can knock a few hours of beauty treatments into one relaxing session at home.
Enjoy these calm moments before the storm of activity that comes with a newborn! Hair masks are an excellent and enjoyable way to wind down and treat yourself. It's also beneficial to stock up on some easy-to-prepare, nutritious snacks - you won't have much time for elaborate meals once the baby arrives, so quick, tasty treats are a real blessing!

Great tips! I'd also suggest storing some comfortable clothes that are easy to breastfeed in or wear after a c-section, for example, loose dresses, button-down shirts or nightgowns. Also, nipple balm and breast pads if you plan to breastfeed - your nipples will take a beating those first few weeks!

And stock up the freezer! Home-cooked meals that can be defrosted quickly are a godsend because cooking might be the last thing you feel up to in the early weeks.

Great additional tips!

Comfort and ease of access is key for those first few weeks - thinking back, I wish I'd had some nightgowns that were easy to breastfeed in .

And yes, food is such a good idea - it's so true that you don't feel like cooking when you're exhausted and learning the ropes. Would be nice to have a collection of go-to meals ready to go!

Great additional tips!

Comfort and ease of access is key for those first few weeks - thinking back, I wish I'd had some nightgowns that were easy to breastfeed in .

And yes, food is such a good idea - it's so true that you don't feel like cooking when you're exhausted and learning the ropes. Would be nice to have a collection of go-to meals ready to go!
Yeah, I agree. Comfy clothing is a priority. Nightgowns with easy access for breastfeeding will be handy during the first few weeks, it's such a tiring yet exciting time!

Having frozen meals stashed in the freezer, which just need to be heated up or tossed into the slow cooker, would be helpful too. Something I wish I did earlier as it'll save you lots of time and energy!

Yeah, I agree. Comfy clothing is a priority. Nightgowns with easy access for breastfeeding will be handy during the first few weeks, it's such a tiring yet exciting time!

Having frozen meals stashed in the freezer, which just need to be heated up or tossed into the slow cooker, would be helpful too. Something I wish I did earlier as it'll save you lots of time and energy!
Yup, easy access clothing is a must for new moms! And having a stock of quick, hassle-free meals sounds like a great idea too - meals are the last thing you'd wanna worry about when you're exhausted.

Yup, easy access clothing is a must for new moms! And having a stock of quick, hassle-free meals sounds like a great idea too - meals are the last thing you'd wanna worry about when you're exhausted.
Agree! Quick frozen meals that can be thrown together or popped into the oven with minimal effort sound like a godsend for new parents. You definitely don't want to be starving while tending to a newborn's needs all day.

Having some reliable, eco-friendly, go-to recipes up your sleeve or stock in your freezer is definitely one less thing to stress about.

Agree! Quick frozen meals that can be thrown together or popped into the oven with minimal effort sound like a godsend for new parents. You definitely don't want to be starving while tending to a newborn's needs all day.

Having some reliable, eco-friendly, go-to recipes up your sleeve or stock in your freezer is definitely one less thing to stress about.
No time to cook? Just defrost and reheat some hearty home cooked food. New parents can't go wrong with some instant comfort when they're sleep-deprived and exhausted.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu